AMCA - Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft (HAL)

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
I didn’t find any such but heard that soldiers wear Pixelated camo because it has less visibility in IR Spectrum.
IR sensors work by approximating ambient heat source relative against pre-calibrated heat source. Pixelated camouflage won't help in this regard.
In IR Spectrum you just monitor IR emission and compare against pre-calibrated heat source to generate an image. Camouflage doesn't help unless it regulates IR emission or absorption.

Ar.gaurav28

Country flag
From the 2009 RR press release it appears that they designed an adaptive cycle engine and GE subsequently completed the design and built the engine. That took about a decade, it seems. I guess RR would take many years to do the same if GOI and DRDO chose to develop an adaptive cycle engine. I'm not too sure how much of a contribution DRDO would be able to make in developing such an engine. The cost might be alarming, too: 15-30 times what was spend on Kaveri development?
we have 7-8years as from now hope that be enough for a yf120 type engine with comparatively lesser thrust intended! I don’t see mk2 happening before 2032.
we can’t really compare kaveri cost with it as it was a 4gen and still incomplete project and even for it govt is always criticised for providing too little fund!
&
even if cost 15-20times of it i think it’s worth it !
it is a matter national security, engine is the heart of any platform without it platform is useless, this was the very reason hf24 Marut failed!

Trololo

Country flag
IIR missile track heat exhaust from the engine. How will pixelated camouflage breaks the lock of the IIR missile seeker! If it was so easy no countries would be using flares but only pixelated camouflage and IIR missiles would be obsolete.
Ask Dr AK Ghosh. He mentioned it in the interview. IIR also captures an image of the plane up ahead to not be deceived by flares. If you have a sufficiently pixellated image (whose pixel values will be normalised during processing), then it gets difficult to keep track of it against the background because the SNR becomes low. At least that's what you will learn in object tracking problems in computer vision. But experts know better if anyone can please answer.

fire starter

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Software Reconfigurable State-of-the-art Communication Suite
for Fighter Aircraft.

The conventional communication systems
available consist of individual systems for each functionality.
In such cases, the failure of one system leads to failure of the
functionality of that system and the mission has to be
completed without that system. Hence there is an urge to
develop a state-of-the-art on-flight software reconfigurable
communication system to provide better redundancy,
Proposed-Architecture-for-Software-Re-configurable-Communication-System.png

Attachments

Last edited:

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
Ask Dr AK Ghosh. He mentioned it in the interview. IIR also captures an image of the plane up ahead to not be deceived by flares. If you have a sufficiently pixellated image (whose pixel values will be normalised during processing), then it gets difficult to keep track of it against the background because the SNR becomes low. At least that's what you will learn in object tracking problems in computer vision. But experts know better if anyone can please answer.
Share me the interview link.

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
IIR also captures an image of the plane up ahead to not be deceived by flares. If you have a sufficiently pixellated image (whose pixel values will be normalised during processing), then it gets difficult to keep track of it against the background because the SNR becomes low. At least that's what you will learn in object tracking problems in computer vision. But experts know better if anyone can please answer.
I was informed that Image Segmentation technique (precisely Instance segmentation) is used to tract the hot exhaust from a jet and differentiate it (engine exhaust) from a flare.

Trololo

Country flag
I was informed that Image Segmentation technique (precisely Instance segmentation) is used to tract the hot exhaust from a jet and differentiate it (engine exhaust) from a flare.
Neural net based instance segmentation techniques is one of the latest techniques in IIR seekers to differentiate flare from exhaust. I'm not aware of any missile that uses this technology yet that is in service. Ones on the market still use old fashioned image processing and KNN based techniques based on contrast ratio of target vs background. But I could be wrong on this.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Final Design Configuration of AMCA emerges
👆In 2015 we almost had AMCA design frozen, & vwe were seeing only minor finalisation tweaks.
IMG_20210519_141847.png

But then in 2019 suddenly a drastic change was brought in (like MWF vis-a-vis LCA Mark2) & the design changed drastically. Every single one of those were aerodynamic refinements, so I reckon it was an user feedback that caused it.

Enlarged wings, reshaped fuselage top, redesigned & repositioned stabilisers (engines further apart, could get in here)...
IMG_20210519_142159.png

Now just waiting for it to get the 110kN TVC engines & 1:50

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
Final Design Configuration of AMCA emerges
👆In 2015 we almost had AMCA design frozen, & vwe were seeing only minor finalisation tweaks. View attachment 90662
But then in 2019 suddenly a drastic change was brought in (like MWF vis-a-vis LCA Mark2) & the design changed drastically. Every single one of those were aerodynamic refinements, so I reckon it was an user feedback that caused it.

Enlarged wings, reshaped fuselage top, redesigned & repositioned stabilisers (engines further apart, could get in here)...
View attachment 90663

Now just waiting for it to get the 110kN TVC engines & 1:50
1:50 ??????

SavageKing456

Country flag
It's a good thing right?.. That people are coming to DFI for knowledge on this stuff. That's a great progress.

Even a few years ago when I joined this was just a right wing nutjob echo chamber.
From DFI I have learned a lot,happy to share few things too.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles