AMCA - Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft (HAL)

flanker99

Country flag
Maybe Unlikely, because F-35 is single engined hence it required an additional pod over it for using it to deploy parachute when it is landing, but AMCA is twin engined and in the gap there is a part of the airframe which Protudes where the parachutes in twin engined aircrafts are usually kept.

Here our own Su-30MKI
View attachment 88898

Our Tejas is single engined hence it’s parachute deployment system is on top of the engine, included inside the vertical tail stabiliser.
View attachment 88899

I might be wrong.
Think the space between engines will be used up for sensors ...I mean its aiming to be a 5.5 gen jet so it must have 360 deg coverage.
But There is another argument against it being a drag chute....all these jets drag chute is placed right at the end or just above the outlet same cant be said for the one in amca and again why is it open on both sides?...mistake?
Imo the possibility of it being some kind of dazzler or sensor shouldn't be ruled out.
HVT ko pakro koi...mera twitter restricted hai warna mai hi puch leta

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Think the space between engines will be used up for sensors ...I mean its aiming to be a 5.5 gen jet so it must have 360 deg coverage.
But There is another argument against it being a drag chute....all these jets drag chute is placed right at the end or just above the outlet same cant be said for the one in amca and again why is it open on both sides?...mistake?
Imo the possibility of it being some kind of dazzler or sensor shouldn't be ruled out.
HVT ko pakro koi...mera twitter restricted hai warna mai hi puch leta
AMCA Mk2 will be 5.5 gen, not AMKA Mk1.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Absolutely.. Plus the AMCA Mark2 would need to have considerable changes, kinda like LCA to MWF shift.

1. Bigger air-intakes
  2. Reworked CG (big engines & its reinforced bay).
  3. Greater fuel capacity, likely a fuselage plug.
  4. Design changes to aerodynamically make up for the elongation.
  5. Enlarged wings to maintain payload.
When AMCA design is not yet freezed, who stops designers to incorporate these changes? An imaginary effort to draw parallel between Tejas Mk1 and Mk2 like update in AMCA MK1 andAMCA mk2. There is only one major change which is conceived for AMCA mk2 and that is TVC engine.

Killbot

Country flag
When AMCA design is not yet freezed, who stops designers to incorporate these changes? An imaginary effort to draw parallel between Tejas Mk1 and Mk2. There is only one major change which is conceived for AMCA mk2 and that is TVC engine.
Excuse me if I'm wrong, but these 'changes' would make AMCA Mk.1 a completely different aircraft from what it is being aimed at and are too major to be incorporated in the final design phase. It would significantly delay the timeline. AMCA Mk.2 is supposed to be a larger aircraft with a different engine, IWB, sensors, etc.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Excuse me if I'm wrong, but these 'changes' would make AMCA Mk.1 a completely different aircraft and they are too major to be incorporated in the final design phase. It would significantly delay the timeline. AMCA Mk.2 is supposed to be a larger aircraft with a different engine, IWB, sensors, etc.
150 kn engines, even larger wings and longer fuselage will make even better than the version of AMCA advocated in that post. What say?

flanker99

Country flag
Absolutely.. Plus the AMCA Mark2 would need to have considerable changes, kinda like LCA to MWF shift.

1. Bigger air-intakes
These changes are Very unlikely as it could seriously extend timelines...I think there won't be much outward changes but rather all internal upgrade like new engine,unmanned capabilities etc

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
150 kn engines, even larger wings and longer fuselage will make even better than the version of AMCA advocated in that post. What say?
And what about engine , currently we hve 100 kn engine , how will you get 150 kn engine , if you can risk your attempt just for some orgasmic specs .

Who said drdo isn't working on mk 2 , they might be doing some work in background , everything need not to be in public , nor should be on mission mode .

Killbot

Country flag
Will the engine be available in any realistic timeframe? Also, the fuselage will require significant design changes, as you yourself have said. Wings too. All of these require years of studies and testing over the timeline being projected.

My whole argument is about whether these design changes can be completed within the projected timeline, and not the effectiveness of the design itself. Which is impossible.

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
These changes are Very unlikely as it could seriously extend timelines...I think there won't be much outward changes but rather all internal upgrade like new engine,unmanned capabilities etc
That implies you considering as the new engine would be like pick and put , nah it might not be much bigger and heavier but yeah will require bigger intake and TVC will change centre of gravity and a lot of changes , it would require it to be bigger and it won't extend timeline , we would have 2025 to 2032 , that's more than enough

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
And what about engine , currently we hve 100 kn engine , how will you get 150 kn engine , if you can risk your attempt just for some orgasmic specs .

Who said drdo isn't working on mk 2 , they might be doing some work in background , everything need not to be in public , nor should be on mission mode .
People imagine that 125 kilo Newton engine with changes will make AMCA more portent. I said that 150 kilo Newton engine will make it even more potent. That's it. I don't say that Hundred and Fifty KN engine is in making. Just saying that bigger engine and larger wing, larger fuselage will make it more potent withot any information of such plan is "hawai killa".

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
People imagine that 125 kilo Newton engine with changes will make AMCA more portent. I said that 150 kilo Newton engine will make it even more potent. That's it. I don't say that Hundred and Fifty KN engine is in making. Just saying that bigger engine and larger wing, larger fuselage will make it more potent withot any information of such plan is "hawai killa".
Okie

Spitfire9

Country flag
150kN engines? A ~100kN engine is going into MWF, TEDBF, AMCA Mk1 and 110kN is needed for AMCA Mk2. All these airframes could be covered by a 110kN engine with potential for thrust to be be increased by 10%-20% without a big redesign. Correct me if I'm wrong (ignorant about jet engines) but I imagine that a 35%+ increase in thrust to 150kN would require a major redesign or a completely new engine.

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
150kN engines? A ~100kN engine is going into MWF, TEDBF, AMCA Mk1 and 110kN is needed for AMCA Mk2. All these airframes could be covered by a 110kN engine with potential for thrust to be be increased by 10%-20% without a big redesign. Correct me if I'm wrong (ignorant about jet engines) but I imagine that a 35%+ increase in thrust to 150kN would require a major redesign or a completely new engine.
I told him that above , not just engine but airframe changes will be a major redesign work

Adrian Corvus

Country flag

1. Bigger air-intakes
If these changes are actually made in mk2, will it likely include side weapon bays?

Spitfire9

Country flag
I told him that above , not just engine but airframe changes will be a major redesign work
A few $ billion to develop an engine to be used solely in Mk2 is going to make Mk2 a very, very expensive project. What else might a 150kN engine be used to power?

flanker99

Country flag
That implies you considering as the new engine would be like pick and put , nah it might not be much bigger and heavier but yeah will require bigger intake and TVC will change centre of gravity and a lot of changes , it would require it to be bigger and it won't extend timeline , we would have 2025 to 2032 , that's more than enough
i very much think its dimensions and weight wont differ much from 414/ej2000 class of engines....as thats what it will be replacing from tejas mk2 and amca(maybe tedbf).Yes somestructural changes will be there but dont think it will be something drastic.
2025 is too early they will still be busy with mk1and engine will still be in early development(hopefully) .IIRC @Bleh and @Kuntal are working on a futuristic render for amca mk2.....HVT ka reaction dekhke sab pata chal jaiga when thats ready

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles