AMCA - Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft (HAL)

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
F-35’s single engine is the biggest problem it faces, it is very bulky and thick.
WTH man. Being "thick" is not an aerodynamic drawback!.. It's not hypersonic aircraft toneed sears-haack shape. MWF is "fatter" than LCA.

F-35 is shaped for stealth & is aerodynamically limited (as he pointed out) for that reason.

I am not an expert in stealth and aircraft design. But all open literature points to this fact. F-35 was supposed to be an "affordable" fighter without the maintenance woes of the F-22. If it were so great then why has US congress still held on to the F-22 export embargo? Pray answer. F-35 has known kinematic drawbacks which many people from pilots to engineers have highlighted in depth. Me saying it won't add any magic.
I figured that when you said this...
F-22 on the other hand hasn't compromised much in kinematic capability, but is well behind F-35 in sensors and avionics.
F-22 lags in sensors because its 25years older platform. Installed tech like sensor & avionics aren't limited by aerodynamic shapings.

F-35 is definitely behind F-22 stealthwise (please don't imply I said otherwise), but AMCA is significantly more aerodynamically shaped than it (I could even make out the area-ruling on the back, completely absent in F-35) which means, unless somehow our materials technology is significantly ahead of US, AMCA can't possibly meet its stealth numbers.

SavageKing456

Country flag
WTH man. Being "thick" is not an aerodynamic drawback!.. It's not hypersonic aircraft toneed sears-haack shape. MWF is "fatter" than LCA.

F-35 is shaped for stealth & is aerodynamically limited (as he pointed out) for that reason.

QUOTE]F-22 on the other hand hasn't compromised much in kinematic capability, but is well behind F-35 in sensors and avionics.
F-22 lags in sensors because its 25years older platform.

F-35 is definitely behind F-22 stealthwise (please don't imply I said otherwise), but AMCA is significantly more aerodynamically shaped than it (I could even make out the area-ruling on the back, completely absent in F-35) which means, unless somehow our materials technology is significantly ahead of US, AMCA can't possibly meet its stealth numbers.
[/QUOTE]
I completely understood lmao
Good one.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Publicly available figure is 1m².. That's AMCA should comfortably beat.

Most likely an APU.. Tejas has a similar scoop on the spine.
Rafale’s clean RCS is also 1m2, isn’t it?

Killbot

Country flag
Considering AMCA will be flying in clean config and will incorporate EW elements, does it even need to match those numbers? What is the detection range for a 0.05m^2 target in any of our adversaries' airborne radars, anyway? I doubt it is anything meaningful.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Considering AMCA will be flying in clean config and will incorporate EW, does it even need to match those numbers? What is the detection range for a 0.05m^2 target in any of our adversaries' airborne radars, anyway? I doubt it is anything meaningful.
Agreed.. Note, that 0.05m² is just random estimate compared to Su-57, but while flying externally clean AMCA will decimate any non-stealthy competition like Rafale.

RCS is always coupled with EW. Noone will depend solely on stealth.. That'd be stupid!

Last edited:

SavageKing456

Country flag
Agreed.. Note, that 0.05m² is just random estimate compared to Su-57, but while flying externally clean it'll decimate any non-stealthy competition.

RCS is always coupled with EW. Noone will depend solely on stealth.. That'd be stupid!
Any idea what RCS amca would have considering it has good aerodynamic shape.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Then why it is not present in other models. In 5th gen jet these apertures are conformal.
Most likely because those were just representative of the design & monir kinks hadn't be decided yet.. The older scale models were more crude.

Like MWF's gun. We found nothing on where this illusive thing will be placed.. some tips about it being on the wing-root turned out to be impossible (would hit the canards).

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Any idea what RCS amca would have considering it has good aerodynamic shape.
No claims.. It should beat Su-57, but I doubt it'll reach F-22/35 level.. They concentrated fully on the stealth & they have RCS the size of a bee & sparrow respectively. Bit unnecessary if you have active EW system. 0.05m² is the size of a crow, 1 m² is the size of a crane.
I still believe this is the final design since ADA is having habit to recycle old designs.
View attachment 88873
The present one is 95% that design only, but with significant refinements here & there.

This here is an intermediate stage.. You'll notive the vertical stabilisers lost their previous shape (<link) & tail-extensions still retain their old look, while the horizontal stabilisers have been clipped.
Ad17-08.02.59.jpg

Last edited:

SavageKing456

Country flag
Some one said amca would have 80% composite material by weight and would surpass USAF F22 in RCS,is it true?

fire starter

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Most likely because those were just representative of the design & monir kinks hadn't be decided yet.. The older scale models were more crude.

Like MWF's gun. We found nothing on where this illusive thing will be placed.. some tips about it being on the wing-root turned out to be impossible (would hit the canards).
Dude APU is present in all the existing 5th gen jets but none of them have such scoop after applying so much efforts I don't think they would do such mistake.

Trololo

Country flag
I thi

F-22 lags in sensors because its 25years older platform. Installed tech like sensor & avionics aren't limited by aerodynamic shapings.

There is some misunderstanding going on here: My clear statement is that the F-22 will be significantly behind the AMCA on avionics and also the MWF (on some aspects), as well as the F4 Rafale. WRT kinematic performance it's ahead of all three as per available literature.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles