AMCA - Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft (HAL)

panzerfeist1

Country flag
It has IRST ? , I thought that was a major components giving up stealth
I just recently found those images on secretprojects.uk. Well the TAI TFX has a similar feature along with Su-57 as when not in use the RAM side would absorb radio waves. Same argument as if the F-35 didn't have EOTS 6 face polygon, it would be stealthier than the one with the 6 face polygon. Don't know what the user meant by retractable when he has not stated a source of the IRST, does he mean the IRST face turns around or lowers itself(dont think there would be room to do that)?

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
I just recently found those images on secretprojects.uk. Well the TAI TFX has a similar feature along with Su-57 as when not in use the RAM side would absorb radio waves. Same argument as if the F-35 didn't have EOTS 6 face polygon, it would be stealthier than the one with the 6 face polygon. Don't know what the user meant by retractable when he has not stated a source of the IRST, does he mean the IRST face turns around or lowers itself(dont think there would be room to do that)?
These images are old ,way old , well explain on that eots part .

As much i know ,eots is for air to ground role dude . Irst is for air to air role too

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
That too , in combat ,you not gonna keep it inside , when you bring it outside ,it will increase RCS , what f 35 employs for this function
At ranges where they'll deploy IRST, ie, about 50km.. they'll themselves be detectable by enemy IRST. Radar stealth becomes secondary at such ranges.

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
At ranges where they'll deploy IRST, ie, about 50km.. they'll themselves be detectable by enemy IRST.
Irst range is so less ? Can be better or some infrared spectrum have restrictions on scattering of beam

SARTHAK

Country flag
At ranges where they'll deploy IRST, ie, about 50km.. they'll themselves be detectable by enemy IRST. Radar stealth becomes secondary at such ranges.
qwip irst are effective at 70km -80km btw amca will have das(multiple ir sensors) that will be adequately shaped for stealth

SARTHAK

Country flag
regarding amca radar the power of t/r modules as well as GaN or GaA also matters,the fact is that a small nose cone doesn't mean lesser t/r module as evident by the fact that tejas mk2 has smaller cone but its radar will have more t/r modules than tejasmk1 (with larger nose cone)

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
That too , in combat ,you not gonna keep it inside , when you bring it outside ,it will increase RCS , what f 35 employs for this function
F-35 doesn’t have an IRST, it has the EODAS which works as the IRST of F-35.
It also has an EOTS which is for ground based operations.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
qwip irst are effective at 70km -80km btw amca will have das(multiple ir sensors) that will be adequately shaped for stealth
AMCA doesn’t have DAS.

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
AMCA doesn’t have DAS.
So what does it have , i have seen people saying,it don't have das ,it don't have eots , ut don't have a internal ew suite and targeting pod , also internal space is less , smaller bays thus ,.so what is it carrying then inside , either it is 5 th gen looking tanker , or we guys here need to straighten up things with official info , that too not from sources like 'trust me vro ' , but legit , or in case if info is scarce ,no assumption with full confidence , write my take for all assumption please

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
So what does it have , i have seen people saying,it don't have das ,it don't have eots , ut don't have a internal ew suite and targeting pod , also internal space is less , smaller bays thus ,.so what is it carrying then inside , either it is 5 th gen looking tanker , or we guys here need to straighten up things with official info , that too not from sources like 'trust me vro ' , but legit , or in case if info is scarce ,no assumption with full confidence , write my take for all assumption please
AMCA has a DCMAWS for Missile Aproach, a Phased Array system, IRST but it doesn’t have any equivalent of USA’s EODAS and EOTS.

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
At the end he also said what we are saying, it is DCMAWS.
Screenshot_2021-04-07-23-26-31-33.jpg

Basically it consists of dcmaws and irst , with much better performance figure , irst in it is not some top gun but comparable to other system except conformal design , we think conformal antenna is easy to achieve ,not so .
We nned to work on it , if it matches capability and Don't compromise stealth call it tom dick or Henry doesn't matter . For das , irst should be conformal too , otherwise it is same except conformal antenna

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
6 IR sensors at each point of aircraft creating a 4pi steradian IR spectrum zone which can detect any thing in it, the basic IRST looks front, F-35’s DAS looks all directions.
Irst is a part of it , look at it's sensors , the front one are basically irst , shape doesn't matter , others are maws + irst combo type

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Irst is a part of it , look at it's sensors , the front one are basically irst , shape doesn't matter , others are maws + irst combo type
Whatever it is, it can cue weapons, and has a huge range, a conventional IRST on Su-30MKI and Rafale or any other 5th gen minus aircraft can’t Do that work of cueing weapons, it can only search and track the enemy as the name suggests.

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
Whatever it is, it can cue weapons, and has a huge range, a conventional IRST on Su-30MKI and Rafale or any other 5th gen minus aircraft can’t Do that work of cueing weapons, it can only search and track the enemy as the name suggests.
You mean that ballistic missile thing ?

Let's straighten up things , how will it manage to detect at such long range , considering scattering effect and atmospheric disturbances , which reduces it's clarifying image.

Ballistic missile produce huge ir signature ,they are like burning meteorite , it is programmed so that it can track them ,but it can't pinpoint them , both are different .

They basically used same system , did a lot of programming and testing , it is indeed somewhat advanced in hardware but better in software more .

Weapons cueing is a integral part of it but at short range , sub 100 km generally ,that is done by forward antenna not all antenna as per info i read .

Global Defence

New threads

Articles