AMCA - Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft (HAL)

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
@Kuntal's model that I used has been scaled to high nineties at percentage of accuracy.

I just adjusted the colouration, added a background & drew on the insignia. It's still quite crude in visuals.
So assuming it is atleast 95% accurate, can you tell me the Nosecone dia?
Then we can estimate the number of T/R modules it can have in that particular diameter.

doreamon

Country flag
Unconfirmed. So no comments on that.

But within size constraints dictated by the aircrafts class, you can either have sleek design or you can have TRMs.. not both.
Its galium arsenite or galium nitrite based ? So far no one uses Gan except Grippen as far as i knw . Gan more effective with less TR modules .

Ghost hale

Country flag
Its galium arsenite or galium nitrite based ? So far no one uses Gan except Grippen as far as i knw . Gan more effective with less TR modules .
*EDITED* Data submitted here is not usable. A better data for comparison would be dia size, power provided by engine and technology used.

Steven Rogers

NaPakiRoaster
Country flag
F-35 : 1956 T/R Modules.
J-20 : 2000 T/R Modules.
Su-57: 1552 + 2*358 Modules.
F35 noes is not big enough to put an Apg77 size radar......
AMCA will have just 1100? Disgusting, what will be the range of 1100 T/R Modules in AMCA’s radar?
Indian T/R modules(GaA) are 10-12 watt rated,even with 1100 modules it has maximum power output of (11-12kW)... Most probably these are speculations and only confirmed number is that of the radar on the MWF which someone confirmed to have around 990Transmit receive modules...AMCA nosecome is wider than the MWFs nosecone..

Spitfire9

Country flag

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
German AESA development for Eurofighter reported to have 1626 T/R modules. Is the Eurofighter's nose much larger than AMCA's will be?

I don't think so , might be comparison based on present uttam with future amca radar .

Wait for official info , member who gave stats ,said not official .

Work on scaling is going by our defense graphic designer .

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
5 A2A missiles were considered, but then it became 5, seems like IAF also gets some Pakistani rouhani before sleep.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles