AMCA - Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft (HAL)

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
But it will still carry only 4 Missiles in it's weapon bay.
Good point... could be expanded if there's more space created inside. Bombs are fat, but upto 8 AAMs could be internally carried with minor space increase.

I sincerely hope they're also exploring stealthy EFT & enclosed weapons pods for wing pylons.
US009180967.jpg
Can effectively double weapon & fuel carrying capacity, while retaining stealth.

fire starter

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Are you guys dumb or acting as one, who said IAF don't have ODL ?, some desi presitiute said we don't have odl u all sallowed it? Air Marshal it self cleared we have operational data link, at least use your common senses, with put odl why the f..k we keeping AWACS and net centric warfare doctrines?, yes in Feb 27 mig21 com's get jamed becoz it is the oldest aircraft in Indian inventory it have analogue counterpart's not digital one's, what ever new odl development going on DRDO that's for future one not a alternative for current odl, Indian jets uses Israeli spectalink and Russian counterparts in new DRDO awcs it enabled withs SDR based data links too, also LCA mk1 also have srd link not exclusive for mk1a , any one have doughnuts ask hst in Twitter or just visit hal pavilion in def expo
tejas mk1 doesn't have sdr...............

Assassin 2.0

Country flag
no it was in 2023 u can go and check it in mwf thread.....
Target 2023

The first prototype of MWF ‘roll out’ is scheduled for August 2022 with its first flight expected in September 2023. A total of four prototypes are being planned initially.
Yup a stronger source @writetake claims that first flight will be in 2023 then I'll stick to 2023 only. :)

porky_kicker

Country flag
Off topic , I never comment on such issues but this is necessary.

I would sincerely request people to boycott bollytard Shikara and also request their family / friends etc to boycott the movie.

This bollytard brand of sickularism must be destroyed .

It has become too pathetic and obnoxious
Feeding on the miseries on Hindus killed raped and hounded out by Islamists bastards.

Please boycott the movie

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
Don't know if this for good or the worst but my opinion is that HAL should be split into four divisions, each with completely new administrative and operational structure.

First Division Rotary aircraft for developments of helis like LUH, IMRH, HCH, LCH.

Second Division Fixed wing Aircraft like ORCA, TBDEF, AMCA.

Third division Unmanned Division for Development of UAV and drones.

Fourth Division will be Aerospace Peripheral Division for development of sub systems like software.

All of these must be provided separate funds and be independent of each other.

In the future if they don't perform they would be easier to sell but I wouldn't want that so efforts should be made to reduce the problems faced by HAL previously.

And please bring a bill to corporatise or at least make the organization accountable where people can get sacked for non performance. Set up a body that analyses the good and bad of the division and make roadmap to improve it.

I want an environment where State owned enterprise have 25% + of market cap at any time so as to keep the private company in check.

And this maybe too much to ask but remove reservation in Anything related to defence. Defence is based on merits it's a privilege to serve the nation not a right provided by the constitution.

I want a professional zeal in them rather than MANREGA type employment scheme for defence industry.

Aman kumar

Country flag

If we are able to stick with this time line for AMCA that will be a great achievement....
Even if they stick to schedule... It means remaining 24 lca mk1 will be delivered by 2023... Then the production of mk1a will start... So all these tall claims of HAL of 16 jets per year is a lollipop...
And 2023 is first flight... Testing will take additional few years... Going be HAL standards...

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Don't know if this for good or the worst but my opinion is that HAL should be split into four divisions, each with completely new administrative and operational structure.

First Division Rotary aircraft for developments of helis like LUH, IMRH, HCH, LCH.

Second Division Fixed wing Aircraft like ORCA, TBDEF, AMCA.

Third division Unmanned Division for Development of UAV and drones.

Fourth Division will be Aerospace Peripheral Division for development of sub systems like software.

All of these must be provided separate funds and be independent of each other.
Definitely could work... Especially with intra-department experience sharing. I believe such divisions exist for individuals projects now.
Still 1st fly of MK1 FOC is not done. That was supposed to be done on November 2019.
Wrong thread...
It's built, they're doing ground tests for 1st two. See previous posts. Will fly after cleared of defect absence.

Last edited:

IndianHawk

Country flag
Even if they stick to schedule... It means remaining 24 lca mk1 will be delivered by 2023... Then the production of mk1a will start... So all these tall claims of HAL of 16 jets per year is a lollipop...
And 2023 is first flight... Testing will take additional few years... Going be HAL standards...
2023 is first flight of sp41 ( mk1a) which will enter service. Test flights of mk1a will be done on lca lsps which will start this year itself probably.
Lot of work is already done.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles