Aircraft Crash Notification

captscooby81

Country flag
Indian Navy MIG-29K flying from INS Vikki crashed yesterday evening into sea near Goa . One pilot was rescued safe another is still missing and search and rescue operations on . Lets pray for safety of second pilot

Fucking this is 2nd trainer variant crash at this rate by the time INS Vikrant gets commissioned we won't be left with sufficient trainer variants at all :frusty:

Mig29-k.jpg

Last edited:

Arihant Roy

Country flag
This is the fourth MiG-29 K crash and the second KUB to crash .

Praying for the safe recovery of the second pilot .

I assume the MiG-29K has run into a flock of birds. Both engines suffered extensive damages and flamed out. And the pilots had to eject.

Same thing happened last time in Goa.

Foxbat

Country flag
This is the fourth MiG-29 K crash and the second KUB to crash .

I assume the MiG-29K has run into a flock of birds.
Both engines suffered extensive damages and flamed out. And the pilots had to eject.
I'm a big fan of the Mig-29 but things are getting ridiculous. If we keep on losing aircraft by running into flocks of birds and we don't change then whose problem is that? Are we the only Nation that operates aircraft where birds fly?

I hate to say it but the numbers don't lie, there is something wrong about the Indian Navy Mig-29Ks or the way we operate it. It has a higher crash rate than the original Mig-29s we got in the 1980s.

Illusive

Country flag
I'm a big fan of the Mig-29 but things are getting ridiculous. If we keep on losing aircraft by running into flocks of birds and we don't change then whose problem is that? Are we the only Nation that operates aircraft where birds fly?

I hate to say it but the numbers don't lie, there is something wrong about the Indian Navy Mig-29Ks or the way we operate it. It has a higher crash rate than the original Mig-29s we got in the 1980s.
How many nations operate aircraft carriers? the conditions in sea is not always same nor are the areas of operations. The Russian aircrafts are always high on maintenance, but some freak accidents are bound to happen.

garg_bharat

Country flag

Higher readiness levels and a higher levels of training will increase attrition.

Happening everywhere.

garg_bharat

Country flag
Military flying is very risky. Accidents do happen even with very advanced aircraft.

I think India needs to work out its drones at war footing.

abingdonboy

Country flag
‘Ditched’ implies this was pilot initiated not a ‘crash’. The biggest culprit will likely be engine issues (again)

Sadly 20+ hours without finding the pilot is not a good sign at all, that they found the QFI leads me to believe the pilot never made it out of the plane or was gravely injured in the ejection

4 29K losses in 4 years, it’s going to be a VERY painful decade for the navy.

TEDBF is the only hope they have, I hope they move heaven and earth to get it ASAP

Akula

Country flag
‘Ditched’ implies this was pilot initiated not a ‘crash’. The biggest culprit will likely be engine issues (again)

Sadly 20+ hours without finding the pilot is not a good sign at all, that they found the QFI leads me to believe the pilot never made it out of the plane or was gravely injured in the ejection

4 29K losses in 4 years, it’s going to be a VERY painful decade for the navy.

TEDBF is the only hope they have, I hope they move heaven and earth to get it ASAP
Yup, 3 losses in period of just 1 year is not good.

captscooby81

Country flag
This flight was from the deck of INS Vikki this is right after Malabar 2020 2nd phase in Arabian sea last week . I think it is stretched a bit with such rigorous flying with these maintenance prone Mig-29

Looks like the QFI asked the trainee to punch out first and then tried to recover the fighter or something tried and couldn't jump out on time ?

People forget that Indian pilots have 1 of the highest flight hours in the world. More flying, more maintenance, higher risks, lower life of planes but a well trained pilot and tactics.

Illusive

Country flag
Could you please provide some links in that regard??? Really want to know How Higher we are.
“A pilot gets into operational flying after training for almost 250 to 300 hours in different aircraft. That costs a lot of money. You cannot afford to let trained people go. Other global air forces are also struggling with same issues,” said Air Marshal KK Nohwar (retd), director general, Centre for Air Power Studies.

A decent air force tries to clock over 150, but it is a expensive proposition to do that, especially with large air forces. Fuel, maintenance, spare parts and other operational expenses means to keep your pilots skill level high you need to make some sacrifices on your wallet and air frame life.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles