Agni V Missile

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
last know test on rail, looks like goods wagen, they did hide the missile, that video was remove from youtube for security reasons, this is more advance then that wagon.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Yusuf that is for worse case when the nuke alart level is at max., device will be mated with missile and train is send. It will be impossible to identify this boggie or train if we on the Indian railways network. This is real grapic, this IT, story said those who made the compartment was not told what is was, they were told to make it as per design only, no questions asked.
Indian doctrine is to assemble and mate after first strike..there is no clause of asembling and mating at some high alert.

There were talks that India had 4 phtrivis and 1 A1 pre production model ready with nukes on them during Kargil war..unconfirmed though.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Suspended animation is fine.

But a wee bit of show of life, helps! ;)

The tension kills! :)

Adux

Country flag
This is a significant statement. each warhead weighs 400 kgs. which corresponds to a 250kt nuclear device..slowly but surely they are giving away more information on indian nuclear program..bit by bit.

400kg for a 250kt warhead represents significant strides made in miniaturization.

It is quite significant, but you are also infering something which isnt said over there

What we know ?

That we have been able to make a war head small enough to weigh 400 Kgs, What is that yield of the weapon, we dont know?
We cannot compare it to our tests in Pokharan, since we dont know much details of the devices and their corresponding weights, just knowing the yields wont do.

But you have made a good guess. It is quite possible.

W88 - 360Kgs - 475Kt
W76 - 164Kgs - 100Kt

IWX - 400Kgs - ?? (Indian Warhead X)

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
It is quite significant, but you are also infering something which isnt said over there

What we know ?

That we have been able to make a war head small enough to weigh 400 Kgs, What is that yield of the weapon, we dont know?
We cannot compare it to our tests in Pokharan, since we dont know much details of the devices and their corresponding weights, just knowing the yields wont do.

But you have made a good guess. It is quite possible.

W88 - 360Kgs - 475Kt
W76 - 164Kgs - 100Kt

IWX - 400Kgs - ?? (Indian Warhead X)

From the last bit of revelation from DRDO, its 250kt. We are not as advanced as the US. 200-250 kt is my guess.
Over the next year, i think we will learn more.

Also i have over the years read about indian arsenal.. i have come to the conclusion that we are at 200-250 warhead number.

Adux

Country flag
Indian doctrine is to assemble and mate after first strike..there is no clause of asembling and mating at some high alert.

There were talks that India had 4 phtrivis and 1 A1 pre production model ready with nukes on them during Kargil war..unconfirmed though.
That is not a confirmed,

I have heard both versions. Assemble on Extreme High Alert and Assemble after first strike.

The second option, doesnt make sense, since after the first strike of a China- Pakistan combo, there wont be much time left for India to assemble and strike back. Again, from what I know, Assemble takes about half a day to a full day. It just doesnt make sense. Minutes matter here.

Adux

Country flag
From the last bit of revelation from DRDO, its 250kt. We are not as advanced as the US. 200-250 kt is my guess.
Over the next year, i think we will learn more.

Also i have over the years read about indian arsenal.. i have come to the conclusion that we are at 200-250 warhead number.
Can you give me a link to 400 Kgs - 250Ktn weapon ?

Adux

Country flag
We would require nearly 1000 warheads of 250Kt to ward off , Pakistan and China.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Can you give me a link to 400 Kgs - 250Ktn weapon ?
no its trying to infer that the 400kgs they talk about has a yied of 250kt..

the 250kt figure was quoted by an official some time back. putting 2x2.

Adux

Country flag
no its trying to infer that the 400kgs they talk about has a yied of 250kt..

the 250kt figure was quoted by an official some time back. putting 2x2.
Not necessarily, he might have been talking about a completely different weapon system all together than the Indian MIRV warhead of 400 Kgs

But, my gut agrees with you.

Adux

Country flag
I dont think so. 250 should be more than enough.
You have to factor in, first strike, duds, shelf life, accuracy etc Nuke war is about redundancy and reserves. There was a reason why Soviet Union and USA built more than 5000 nukes each, because they knew only 30% of it will actually work as planned.

Last edited:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
You have to factor in, first strike, duds, shelf life, accuracy etc Nuke war is about redundancy. There was a reason why Soviet Union and USA built more than 5000 nukes each, because they knew only 30% of it will actually work as planned.
India will not lose anything in first strike.. china and pakis = countervalue arsenal not counterforce

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Not necessarily, he might have been talking about a completely different weapon system all together than the Indian MIRV warhead of 400 Kgs

But, my gut agrees with you.
The guy is in the know of things..i think he is bang on the money. 400kgs for a fairly advanced warhead with a 250kt yield.

Adux

Country flag
India will not lose anything in first strike.. china and pakis = countervalue arsenal not counterforce
I dont understand your point of view here, China and Pakistan are first strike nations. Their obvious targets would be our national capital, C&C and Nuke installations, It would be idiotic to think, they wouldnt have intelligence on atleast some of our India's nuke arsenal positions.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
I dont understand your point of view here, China and Pakistan are first strike nations. Their obvious targets would be our national capital, C&C and Nuke installations, It would be idiotic to think, they wouldnt have intelligence on atleast some of our India's nuke arsenal positions.
First strike as in first use policy.. but the target will be Delhi, Mumbai, etc..not missile sites..we are have mobile missiles..no silos.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles