Agni V Missile

Country flag
If a country has the capability to launch its own sattelites then it can make ICBM's by itself. One of the scientists from INDIA told that if required by the GoI INDIA can convert the PSLV rocket into an ICBM anytime.
It maybe better politically to make an ICBM official after our BMD program is completed and in place??

plugwater

of course not but more for Chinese IRBM's will be aimed at India once we make it official, we already have 600 Chinese IRBM'S pointed at us from Tibet currently covering all the Indian cities.
True LF. Its hard to intercept all of them. I want to know how we are going to deploy our BMDs? City based or Zone based ?

Param

True LF. Its hard to intercept all of them. I want to know how we are going to deploy our BMDs? City based or Zone based ?
Why are always defensive in our approach? If China has 600 IRBMs aimed at us we we should atleast have 300 aimed at their cities.I think a BMD would be only good enough to protect us from pakistani missiles. 600 chinese missiles are too many. For confronting them we need to have an offensive capability atleast half as good.

Country flag
A layered system mostly fixed and mobile radars and mobile interceptor probably also linked to AWACS??

plugwater

Why are always defensive in our approach? If China has 600 IRBMs aimed at us we we should atleast have 300 aimed at their cities.I think a BMD would be only good enough to protect us from pakistani missiles. 600 chinese missiles are too many. For confronting them we need to have an offensive capability atleast half as good.
We have not yet inducted our long range Agni missiles, So forget about 300 missiles from our side and SFC have more trust on long range bombers than Missiles.

Country flag
This is incompetency by the govt, how many missiles are pointed at China by India?? Chinese missiles were placed in Tibet starting in 1970's ,so if nothing has been done for 40 years don't expect too much .

plugwater

A layered system mostly fixed radar and mobile interceptor probably also linked to AWACS??
I really doubt we will have mobile interceptors because of our missile size. Our interceptors will be in underground silos.

Country flag
I really doubt we will have mobile interceptors because of our missile size. Our interceptors will be in underground silos.
most of the Akash interceptors will be mobile like sm-6's PAD,AAD,PDV will most likely be in silos.

Param

This is incompetency by the govt, how many missiles are pointed at China by India?? Chinese missiles were placed in Tibet starting in 1970's ,so if nothing has been done for 40 years don't expect too much .
What about those 2 new missile manufacturing complexes to come up Andhra Pradesh.Would'nt we be able to make missiles in large numbers once they are ready?

Yatharth Singh

Knowledge is power.
Country flag
You cant say that because mobile launchers always has an edge over silos in tactical battlefield. And who said that Indian missiles cant be fired from mobile launchers including new intercepter? Its not so, all missiles have mobility but it depends upon the situation and circumstances in which they are used.

plugwater

You cant say that because mobile launchers always has an edge over silos in tactical battlefield. And who said that Indian missiles cant be fired from mobile launchers including new intercepter? Its not so, all missiles have mobility but it depends upon the situation and circumstances in which they are used.
I never said Silos are better than Mobiles launchers!! We can fire, but the mobility will be too low as the size of our interceptors is huge. So we may have to keep them underground.

Yatharth Singh

Knowledge is power.
Country flag
I never said Silos are better than Mobiles launchers!! We can fire, but the mobility will be too low as the size of our interceptors is huge. So we may have to keep them underground.
What do mean that mobility will be slow? We are not in a F1 race, yes mobile launchers are slow but they are not blindly run from any place and also they are not even too slow on a 8x8 Tata TELAR(Mobile agni launcher).

An Agni-II on a road-mobile launcher displayed at the Republic Day Parade 2004

Last edited:

plugwater

Yeah like we need only one or two missiles to intercept 300 Chinese missiles. We wont have much time to move our interceptors once they launch their missiles. We need huge number of interceptors not like ballistic missiles also we cant fit 4 or 6 interceptors in one launcher so it will mostly in silos.

Country flag
Yeah like we need only one or two missiles to intercept 300 Chinese missiles. We wont have much time to move our interceptors once they launch their missiles. We need huge number of interceptors not like ballistic missiles also we cant fit 4 or 6 interceptors in one launcher so it will mostly in silos.
so we are using resources for defensive means instead of offensive??

Yatharth Singh

Knowledge is power.
Country flag
huh Manc c`mon. Silos are not meant for interceptors. Till now the launch platform of all interceptors that India has, are mobile 8x8 TELAR launchers. And these mobile launchers are stationed at the sensitive bases in sufficient numbers so no need for you to worry about that :p.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles