Agni V Missile

Blackwater

Why not India go for TOPOL -M missile on the self from Russia. Learn from pakizstan they modernize there army in no time and we still struggle with test flights..

Blackwater

And when did Russia start selling Topol M ?
I did't say they start selling . I said we should buy on the self missile soon like TOPOL - M ICBM. Coz pakiz are ahead of us in this tech we should not waste time and money on testing missile.

Param

I did't say they start selling . I said we should buy on the self missile soon like TOPOL - M ICBM. Coz pakiz are ahead of us in this tech we should not waste time and money on testing missile.
Ahead of us in what way? Crappy N.Korean tech ? Pakistan does not have a 3500 to 5000 km range Missile like Agni3.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
-- How can some country buy ICBMs off-the-shelf? MTCR is in place.

-- Pakistan don't deserve Indian ICBM if to be annihilated.

-- When did Pakistan got ahead of us in long range missiles?

-- Buy it or develop it, one requires money & due testing of missiles.

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
Prahava tussi menu aye dasso ki pakistan sade nalon missile technology wich kida aage hega?

Blackwater

Prahava tussi menu aye dasso ki pakistan sade nalon missile technology wich kida aage hega?
Yaara una kol tried tested made in China and Korea missile hagi wa .Apa hale tak mic testing hi karde wa

Country flag
Agni-V next

http://www.frontlineonnet.com/stories/20110325280610000.htm

THE DRDO's missile programme, both tactical and strategic, is marching ahead. Agni-II, Agni-I, Agni-III and Prithvi and its variants such as Dhanush and Prithvi-II, all strategic missiles that can carry nuclear warheads, have been inducted into the Army. Agni-II's range is more than 2,500 km, Agni-I's more than 700 km and Agni-III's about 3,500 km. The maiden launch of Agni-V, which will have a range of 5,000 km, will be in September 2011.

BrahMos, developed by India and Russia, is the world's only supersonic cruise missile. It can be launched from a ship or from land. BrahMos variants that can be launched from submarines and fighter aircraft are on the way. In December 2010, BrahMos' 24th launch took place using advanced guidance and updated software. "The flight established the missile's precision strike capability in mountain warfare," said A. Sivathanu Pillai, CEO and Managing Director, BrahMos Aerospace Ltd.

The DRDO's interceptor missile missions, too, have been a great success. Astra, the air-to-air missile, is under advanced stage of development. K. Sekhar, Chief Controller R&D (Missiles and Low Intensity Conflict), DRDO, said, "If the flight tests [from the ground] are successful, carriage trials will take place. If these are successful, we will do hot tests with an actual missile firing from an aircraft." The DRDO has planned to develop two new versions of Astra: Astra Mark I will have a range of 40 km and Mark II 100 km.

"Nag, the third-generation anti-tank missile, has performed well in its recent flights and the Army is likely to clear it for acceptance," said Sekhar. Nag can destroy tanks as far as 4 km away. The DRDO is working on NAMICA (Nag Missile Carrier), a modified BMP Infantry Fighting Vehicle from which Nag can be fired.

"Protect the protector" is the philosophy that drives the DRDO's Defence Bioengineering and Electromedical Laboratory (DEBEL) in Bangalore. This becomes clear when V.C. Padaki, Director, lists the products developed so far: clothing ensembles to protect submariners when their boat sinks, anti-gravity suits, a portable telemedicine system, and many more. DEBEL in collaboration with other Indian institutions has developed a critical care ventilator for patients, which costs Rs.5 lakh; the imported unit costs Rs.10 lakh.

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
I dont think it exists and we do not need ICBMs.
Why not, today we won't be needing ICBMs but in future we may require. ICBMs are very much needed actually for us. Just imagine 16 ICBMs with 8 MIRVs each sitting somewhere in pacific or Atlantic ocean. They would be the ultimate retaliation force we may have for our second strike capability against China and Pakistan.

Last edited:

plugwater

We have discussed this many times in DFI. First build defenses and offenses for the present threat and then we can think about the future.

Last edited:

Rage

DFI TEAM
Absoloutely. I'm getting annoyed at the DRDO talking about what will be. What will be will be. Que sera sera. You know, all that jazz.

Has the Agni-III been fully validated? Nooooo. Have they deployed the Akaash in sufficient numbers? Noooo...

When they learn to keep their promises, on time, all the time we'll take their word to wit.

prahladh

Respected Member
Absoloutely. I'm getting annoyed at the DRDO talking about what will be. What will be will be. Que sera sera. You know, all that jazz.

Has the Agni-III been fully validated? Nooooo. Have they deployed the Akaash in sufficient numbers? Noooo...

When they learn to keep their promises, on time, all the time we'll take their word to wit.
And they say they have all the building blocks & Scientific base ready. Actions Speak Louder than Words should be their Motto.

sandeepdg

Yeah, there's no point in discussing about ICBMs till we have addressed our immediate concerns vis-a-vis China. Agni-3 is still not fully operational, an till Agni-5 is not validated and inducted, we will lack a credible deterrent against China. So, its better to concentrate on making these two important platforms fully operational, and after that concentrate on making all efforts to operationalize the K-4 intermediate range SLBM, since underwater platforms are much more effective and secure platforms than the land based ones. After that, we can think of ICBM. Anyway, there's no news of the Surya, so I don't think it exists at all.

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
we need icbm as much as we need agni-v.the agni-v programme was started in 2006 after the first launch of agni-3.and it will have it's first test in september this year.the drdo has been reported to have begun the work on surya icbm in 1994.this project has been kept completely under wraps just like the atv project.hope to see it soon like the arihant which made it's debut last year.and also one thing i would like to say-that agni-5 and surya icbm are not competitors.both the project are equally important and can go on parallely just as the multiple sam projects which drdo is pursuing.

plugwater

For the zillionth time we dont need an ICBM, Agni-V with MIRV can take care of our threats.

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
Guys let the DRDO test fire the Agni-V first and then if the test is a success then we can think of having or developing an ICBM.

sandeepdg

@ shuvo@y2k10

What specific purpose is the ICBM going to serve ? Who do you need to hit with those other than Pakistan and China ? The Agni-5 is more than enough for our medium to long term requirements. Its far more important to concentrate on SLBMs like K-4 than on ICBMs. As you say that Surya work started in 1994, its been 17 years since then and no news has come out at all. I believe that the "Surya", if its actually planned, has been put on hold till we perfect MIRV capable Agni-5. That's far more important. I don't see any reason for India to have a missile with a range of more than 6000 kms as of now as well as for the next 10 years at the least.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles