ADA Tejas Mark-II/Medium Weight Fighter

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Instead of poking and sharing unwanted gyan.. You could have pointed out where I said I am an expert or I know better than someone here?
If you misread or misquote, that's not my problem.
I stopped responding because I realized people here just assume they know everything better.

and I don't need to learn anything from some random keyboard warrior.
Ya'll Nibbiars if you want people to badmouth you then be my guest this forum is seen by ten thousand of lookers daily. No one is stopping you.

_merlin_

Country flag
Absolute newbie to defense.
I have few questions :
  1. As I read about Tejas, its said that it its draggy and not very efficient aero wise.
    Why not just copy the best air frame (visual shape is not a secret I think) and pack you stuff in it?atleast jet would swift and efficient. I read jets which are using same engine and are heavier can cruise supersonic and Tejas cannot. The sole reason for this is aero issues.

2. If Mk2 is already so much better, what makes Mk1A export ready and quality product? and why Mk2 is not on market yet ?
Apologies if questions are very basic and stupid.
Ok let me bite.

1. Tejas is draggy. Yes but so are all other aircraft in the world. Can't escape drag. A better statement would be "Tejas is draggier than x" which would be true for some x. Reason for that is
a. Tejas was initially planned as a replacement for the MiG21, hence had to be of similar length as that aircraft to fit into existing HAS. And it also had a requirement to fly from high altitude airbases. Hence it has dimensions of a light fighter but wings of a medium fighter (for extra lift). Result is more drag compared to x. Aerodynamics is all about choices and the Tejas designers chose one particular design to achieve some particular outcomes.
b. Area ruling requires a longer length for the wingspan but can't be too long as it needed to match MiG21 wingspan. Hence draggier than x.
c. Pylon optimization not done.

2. Mk1A will be ready much sooner than Mk2 which has yet to roll out let alone fly and get certified. Mk2 is a different aircraft and hence will take longer to get into service, at least 2027 to 2028 timeframe.

At least that's my understanding.

THESIS THORON

Country flag
after reading all your shit,

As I read about Tejas, its said that it its draggy and not very efficient aero wise.
tejas is has problems in transonic area. and that is due to bulged canopy, and that bulged canopy is due to ..

ig small shape

Why not just copy the best air frame (visual shape is not a secret I think) and pack you stuff in it?atleast jet would swift and efficient. I read jets which are using same engine and are heavier can cruise supersonic and Tejas cannot. The sole reason for this is aero issues.
we cant, as the miniaturization level of every country is different, so us might make stuff small whereas we might make that same stuff somewhat big.

and lets consider you copied a design of a jet, then how are you gonna fit your own built lru ??

the shape and size of same lru will differ from country to country.

that's why you cant just copy an airframe.

1. If Mk2 is already so much better, what makes Mk1A export ready and quality product? and why Mk2 is not on market yet ?

things take time, you cant jump of the bed and start making fighter jet (unless you are one of porkistan and turkey :bplease:)

there are many things that have been learnt from mk1 those have been implemented in mk1a and the further improvements will be done in mk2.

Last edited:

DeadCritic

Country flag
after reading all your shit,

tejas is has problems in transonic area. and that is due to bulged canopy, and that bulged canopy is due to ..

ig small shape

we cant, as the miniaturization level of every country is different, so us might make stuff small whereas we might make that same stuff somewhat big.

and lets consider you copied a design of a jet, then how are you gonna fit your own built lru ??

the shape and size of same lru will differ from country to country.

that's why you cant just copy an airframe.

things take time, you cant jump of the bed and start making fighter jet (unless you are one of porkistan and turkey :bplease:)

there are many things that have been learnt from mk1 those have been implemented in mk1a and the further improvements will be done in mk2.
One more over-smart showoff lands here..

Here is important lesson for you as well.

If you really want to help and expect respect, Don't make remarks like : After reading your shit.
Because whatever you say after that will not redeem your "looser" status.

I have appreciated each and everyone who has contributed towards my query and later also responded to the unwanted remarks.

Till now only Merlin responded appropriately .He/She responded only to the question rather then making fun or any other stuff.

Its never too late to learn good manners my friend specially public forum manners.:devil:

THESIS THORON

Country flag
One more over-smart showoff lands here..

Here is important lesson for you as well.

If you really want to help and expect respect, Don't make remarks like : After reading your shit.
Because whatever you say after that will not redeem your "looser" status.

I have appreciated each and everyone who has contributed towards my query and later also responded to the unwanted remarks.

Till now only Merlin responded appropriately .He/She responded only to the question rather then making fun or any other stuff.

Its never too late to learn good manners my friend specially public forum manners.:devil:
aah, here is a guy giving reviews on response given by other members :daru:

noice.

btw, I have given ans to your question

As I read about Tejas, its said that it its draggy and not very efficient aero wise.
but you seem to have no interest in that, rather than this you are giving

certificates of good manners :bplease:

if shit seems derogatory then ... kya hi bolu :dude::dude:

DeadCritic

Country flag
but you seem to have no interest in that, rather than this you are giving
You have to read my response from left to right and top to bottom.
If you do so, you will find this line :
Because I don't care what you write after that
Still I liked your answer (Thank you) but your remark irked me.

if shit seems derogatory then ... kya hi bolu :dude::dude:
If "After reading your shit" is so normal, I would like see you using this at any public forum or meetings or at your home. Your choice.
Yes, using shit among friends or casual conversation is quite normal but that's not the case here (Already had enough of bad remarks which doesn't make thread very friendly for me).

SwordOfDarkness

Country flag
Bruh

Why does @DeadCritic have to be unnecessary pokey pokey? I think there are better, less animalistic ways of settling disputes.

I will ask forum members to tone down the rhetoric, and will ask DeadCritic to keep his trap sealed if he has nothing meaningful to contribute, or is not willing to accept answers that may go against preconceptions.

This is a forum for discussion, not a forum for arguments. If that is the goal of any member here, they are more than welcome to go and find another forum suitable for their endeavours.

THESIS THORON

Country flag
If "After reading your shit" is so normal, I would like see you using this at any public forum or meetings or at your home. Your choice.
Yes, using shit among friends or casual conversation is quite normal but that's not the case here (Already had enough of bad remarks which doesn't make thread very friendly for me).
I consider all people here my friends only, but have somewhat higher respect for the knowledgeable members.

THESIS THORON

Country flag
jane do bhai, he will get used to it :fyeah:
Bruh

Why does @DeadCritic have to be unnecessary pokey pokey? I think there are better, less animalistic ways of settling disputes.

I will ask forum members to tone down the rhetoric, and will ask DeadCritic to keep his trap sealed if he has nothing meaningful to contribute, or is not willing to accept answers that may go against preconceptions.

This is a forum for discussion, not a forum for arguments. If that is the goal of any member here, they are more than welcome to go and find another forum suitable for their endeavours.

karn

Country flag
What's the jammer situation on the the mk2 ? In an interview a podded low frequency jammer was mentioned . Is there no internal jammer ?

Last edited:

THESIS THORON

Country flag
What's the jammer situation on the the mk2 ? In an interview a podded low frequency jammer was mentioned . Is there no internal jammer ?
whole ew suit will be internal, something like spectra.

imo conformal antennas :megusta: (wing edges)

@Lonewolf, @Vamsi @not so dravidian

what do you guys think abt conformal antennas on tejas mk2 :notsure:

not so dravidian

Country flag
whole ew suit will be internal, something like spectra.

imo conformal antennas :megusta: (wing edges)

@Lonewolf, @Vamsi @not so dravidian

what do you guys think abt conformal antennas on tejas mk2 :notsure:
IDK, about any conformal antenna.
Don't think it's possible within the timeframe unless it's already under development. Most probably no!
Only for amca it's confirmed.

In one video i saw, ADA director saying 4axis maws for mk2:crazy:, however as per BEL (and logic), a 6 axis maws is required for complete coverage.

I hope what he said was wrong.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles