ADA Tejas Mark-II/Medium Weight Fighter

DeadCritic

Country flag
Absolute newbie to defense.
I have few questions :
  1. As I read about Tejas, its said that it its draggy and not very efficient aero wise.
    Why not just copy the best air frame (visual shape is not a secret I think) and pack you stuff in it?atleast jet would swift and efficient. I read jets which are using same engine and are heavier can cruise supersonic and Tejas cannot. The sole reason for this is aero issues.

2. If Mk2 is already so much better, what makes Mk1A export ready and quality product? and why Mk2 is not on market yet ?
Apologies if questions are very basic and stupid.

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Absolute newbie to defense.
I have few questions :
  1. As I read about Tejas, its said that it its draggy and not very efficient aero wise.
    Why not just copy the best air frame (visual shape is not a secret I think) and pack you stuff in it?atleast jet would swift and efficient. I read jets which are using same engine and are heavier can cruise supersonic and Tejas cannot. The sole reason for this is aero issues.

2. If Mk2 is already so much better, what makes Mk1A export ready and quality product? and why Mk2 is not on market yet ?
Apologies if questions are very basic and stupid.
Ya'll Nibbiars

1 . The MK 1 was as per the ASQR.

2 . The United Nation Air Force want to kill the MWFs.

DeadCritic

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars

1 . The MK 1 was as per the ASQR.

2 . The United Nation Air Force want to kill the MWFs.
Please talk facts before blaming others.
Do you know if India has pitched Mk2 to any country? and any link if it was pitched and then blocked by UN air force

DeadCritic

Country flag
@Haldilal problems related to mk1 were solved in mk1a right?
I don't think so.. as they can only fix things which are possible within that frame configuration.
What I know if Mk2 has solved most of it but still has many challenges.

I still waiting an opinion on my first question.
Why HAL cannot just copy an efficient configuration and package its stuff in it.?

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
Here is the link to person analyzing it. Does not seem to be biased as all.

Drag issues related to delta wing can't be solved for any delta wing , rest are configuration based , so don't bother about it .

Rest mk2 is under development so u cannot sell it before development complete

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
I don't think so.. as they can only fix things which are possible within that frame configuration.
What I know if Mk2 has solved most of it but still has many challenges.

I still waiting an opinion on my first question.
Why HAL cannot just copy an efficient configuration and package its stuff in it.?
Ip theft ?

And name some issues in mk2 ?

Haldilal

Country flag
Please talk facts before blaming others.
Do you know if India has pitched Mk2 to any country? and any link if it was pitched and then blocked by UN air force
Ya'll Nibbiars jab MWF pura hoga tab hei sale pitch hoga na.

DeadCritic

Country flag
Ip theft ?

And name some issues in mk2 ?
Come on bro.. Copying means taking basic inspiration with some tweaks to improve/customize areas.
Its a very common practice.

never mind, I was expecting a discussion/detailed opinion rather then someone trying to kill the query.

Here is the video for your reference.

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
Come on bro.. Copying means taking basic inspiration with some tweaks to improve/customize areas.

never mind, I was expecting a discussion/detailed opinion rather then someone trying to kill the query.

Saw the video , first thing the design is basically a delta , lot of planes use delta canard so does tejas mk2 , what issue you see in it ?

DeadCritic

Country flag
Yu were saying yu don't know about aerodynamics ? Copy and design doesn't work always like China why don't buy that aircraft than to make a worse copy of it .
They tried reverse engineering and copying whole freaking jet inside out.
I hope you can understand the difference between that and what I asked.

and for your information :
read one article from your forum (taking it on face value).
The next Achilles heal is JF-17’s speed. For a good interception, speed is an important criteria. However JF-17’s max speed is Mach 1.6 which is claimed by PAC. This indicates that JF-17 is draggier. When compared, their F-7s(Reverse engineered Mig-21s) have higher speed of mach 2+ with a lower thrust engine. The IAF fighters which it is going to face, all have speeds greater than the Thunder.
Pakistan JF17 : Thunder or Blunder

Haldilal

Country flag
Saw the video , first thing the design is basically a delta , lot of planes use delta canard so does tejas mk2 , what issue you see in it ?
Ya'll Nibbiars most of you don't knew but the LCA wings are on of the most complex designs ever made.

DeadCritic

Country flag
Mr Legend : turkey hurjet pura ho gya ? kab hua flight I don't know. May be you know alot more than me.
still it is pitched and in competition .

So I guess your argument fails to hold.

DeadCritic

Country flag
Will it clear the competition , nobody think so based on specs , it's a trainer
Its difficult to have any fruitful discussion if people keep changing their stance and arguments.

This is what Legend of this forum said:
I counterd that with hurjet. It is pitched and has beaten many other jets to reach top3.Simple

Haldilal

Country flag
Mr Legend : turkey hurjet pura ho gya ? kab hua flight I don't know. May be you know alot more than me.
still it is pitched and in competition .

So I guess your argument fails to hold.
Ya'll Nibbiars our policies and their are different. And any still a lot of work to be done on the Hurjet. Kab complete hoga can only guess.

Vamsi

Country flag

Either you can copy the existing design or you can make a completely new design from scratch.Only one of above 2 is possible. There is no 3rd option. Only thing u may do is a slight change, which won't make huge difference in appearance, and the OEM whose design u "slightly changed" will call you a thief. U cannot make a huge difference in existing proven design , because the existing design is an optimisation after several iterations. U cannot optimize it further.Simple

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles