ADA Tejas Mark-II/Medium Weight Fighter

Tupac slayer

Country flag
Corruption.
They just want something which they know will take time. When we had Tejas mk1, they wanted Tejas mk2. Now when we are having Tejas mk2, they want AMCA. When we will have AMCA, they will want BMCA....later CMCA...DMCA..Whatever...
Their aim is to not induct Indian jets and buy foreign jets under the pretext of "Stop gap", except its not "Stop gap". Its the whole backbone of the IAF.

This tactic was very well understood by our late Parrikar, and thats why he had proposed and approved the Tejas mk1A and cut down MMRCA to just 36 Rafales. He used his politics and shrewdness to make IAF accept the Tejas mk1A, 83 of them!

Once when Manohar Parrikar left MOD in 2017, MOD went back to Old style of functioning. Although not to the saint Antony era. Unless we have a vibrant military Industrial complex we can never fight a two front war. why IAF is not realizing it? The more delay or stopping Tejas means, required number of Rafales to replace Obsolete aircraft will increase which will cost a lot of money.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
It's going to keep dwindling down like this as the IAF gets more an more desperate to get their 114 MRFAs.

We outsiders know the LCA Mk.2 is the best option for industry and to get their SQN numbers up but it's irrelevant what we think, the IAF senior leadership has been utterly fixated on 100+ MMRCA/MRFA for the best part of 25 years now and they are not dropping this demand- even if it costs the LCA Mk.2 project.

Of course we can all see how this play out- there's no money for the MRFA so it won't ever see the light of day but they won't concede this point for a good many years to come meanwhile the MK.2 project stagnates and delays mount. Meanwhile the legacy fleet (jags/MiG-29s/Mirages) age and start to become more and more of a liability so have to be phased out. As a result SQN strength starts to tank again.

Sound familiar? This is the EXACT same scenario that has played out in the 00s/10s vis a vis Tejas,MMRCA and MiG-21/23/27. So we know this is plausible and the likely scenario.

An additional 36-54 Rafales off the shelf and 10-12 SQNs of LCA Mk.2 would effectively address all of the IAF's late 2020s-2030s woes but they seemingly only have eyes for the 114 MRFA as their 'silver bullet'.
Actually one thing was pointed out in BRF, that is, IAF pre 2018 had plans of 40 Mark1 & 201 Mark2.

The Mark1A happened & we now are to have 120 Mark1 with 130-170 Mark2.

I can try asking. Give me the list of questions.
He was just saying to request him concentrate more about MWF... I'd like to hear about the transition from Mk2 to MWF, the projected number & timeline, if semi-stealth, engine to 110kN?, TVC option, where-the-fuck-is-the-jammer, no gun?, no trainer version so LIFT to take over from Hawk in future?, NP-5 order possible as Naval trainer?, the NLCA Mk2 to Teddy 😬 ok Imma stop now

Last edited:

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
This part sounds good atleast...

MWF will have its first flight by 2023 and will be followed by 3 more jets which will see a move from IOC configuration to FOC configuration with each aircraft configurations. ADA is skipping TD (Technological Demonstrator ) and PV (Prototype Vehicle ) Stage for the MWF Program which will allow ADA and HAL to directly move to the production stage from its first flight in less than 5 years.

Spitfire9

Country flag
Posted in Mk1 thread:

LCA mk2 will cost around 25 billion $
I don't think 🤔

Considering AMCA IAF that much funding

It's not pragmatic
When there is OCRA
With the economies of scale in producing 200 Mk2, it would be cheap (say <$60 million flyaway) to produce, wouldn't it? Additionally some systems would contribute to AMCA or other type development (MAWS etc).

And if India is going to become a force in the international market for fighters, how is that going to happen without Mk2?

flanker99

Country flag
Actually one thing was pointed out in BRF, that is, IAF pre 2018 had plans of 40 Mark1 & 201 Mark2.

The Mark1A happened & we now are to have 120 Mark1 with 130-170 Mark2.

He was just saying to request him concentrate more about MWF... I'd like to hear about the transition from Mk2 to MWF, the projected number & timeline, if semi-stealth, engine to 110kN?, TVC option, where-the-fuck-is-the-jammer, no gun?, no trainer version so LIFT to take over from Hawk in future?, NP-5 order possible as Naval trainer?, the NLCA Mk2 to Teddy 😬 ok Imma stop now
I had asked HVT sir about the gun on mwf he said guns are becoming obsolete....pretty easy to understand the answer from that

WARREN SS

Country flag
Posted in Mk1 thread:

With the economies of scale in producing 200 Mk2, it would be cheap (say <$60 million flyaway) to produce, wouldn't it? Additionally some systems would contribute to AMCA or other type development (MAWS etc).

And if India is going to become a force in the international market for fighters, how is that going to happen without Mk2?
Most of the parameters are already achieved through Mk1A

The core of aviation sector is still missing
That is Turbofan engine technology.

Getting that is the most statergic importance goal than any additional technology if you ask
Me.

More than Lca mk2 and or MRFA

If u ask me we still at of 50 % on Indigenous aviation R&D until we develop are own engines

The day we did it
We will be pioneers

Sir pe tapla

Country flag
we all know how factual our fav halwai is...but how do you see his remark that akash sam was obsolete when it was inducted...? naturally pakistanis are enjoying him thanks to pgurus!

Maybe It is time for Mr. Iyer to plant his ass in a plane and fly towards an FoB armed with Akash missile

Okabe Rintarou

Country flag
Most of the parameters are already achieved through Mk1A

The core of aviation sector is still missing
That is Turbofan engine technology.

Getting that is the most statergic importance goal than any additional technology if you ask
Me.

More than Lca mk2 and or MRFA

If u ask me we still at of 50 % on Indigenous aviation R&D until we develop are own engines

The day we did it
We will be pioneers
Kaveri might be flying soon. They sorted out all the issues.

abingdonboy

Country flag
we all know how factual our fav halwai is...but how do you see his remark that akash sam was obsolete when it was inducted...? naturally pakistanis are enjoying him thanks to pgurus!

The irony being SAM/AD is actually one the the areas that has seen mammoth CAPEX flow from S400 to MRSAM and with Akash going from 1 to 1S to NG/2 there's a clear pipeline of very capable systems coming online not to mention QRSAM.

This clown doesn't even know the basics of defence matters, he just likes the sound of his own voice and I don't know why he's considered an 'expert' by so many. He's been lobbying for foreign toys for a log time because he still thinks India is in the 1990s.

abingdonboy

Country flag
This part sounds good atleast...
Yeah it does, confirms the timeline ADA/HAL has said before-2028 for first production ready aircraft.

That said I am a little skeptical as we know how the Indian forces make Indian products jump through hoops, are the IAF really going to order the LCA Mk.2 2 years after its first flight (2025) so it can be ready for 2028 (36 months needed for delivery is the standard for all OEMs)? When have Indian users committed so early to ANY Indian product? Look at the LUH/LCH debacles- even after IOC (and even LSP production) they've not placed orders for even 1 unit 4 years after LSP begun.

Knowing how the Indian services work, even if they have a 6 SQN requirement they'll order 16 LSP, wait 3-4 years then order another batch. They'll be lucky to have 2-3 SQNs in service by 2035 even if production is ready in 2028.

Brood Father

Country flag

AIM is a full blown chootiya . Barak ka paisa iska baap dega ..
So according to this chootiya if a system takes 15- 30 years then it's obsolete.. Then let's retire Rafael as well because the inception of Rafael started from 1980 ..

mai-merko-sab-ata-hai-mai-expert-hu.jpg

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
Meaning no Technological demostrator unlike tejas mk1,Total 4 prototypes , all 4 are production standard. initial 2 are IOC standard and last 2 are FOC standard they would directly be inducted I think by 2026 or so IAF will get it's first tejas mk2.
When will first protype will come ? By 2022 I guess.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles