ADA Tejas Mark-II/Medium Weight Fighter

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Thais true but it is my reasonable wish list. Had they designed Mk2 with atleast frontal stealth in mind, Mk2 would have been at least frontal stealth. Anyway, Mk2 is going to be a very good state of art aircraft with Uttam mk2 radar or even GAN based Uttam. If we can bring in forced intrusion capability like Rafal with state of art EW, we can make is highly useful like Rafal which can perform many roles.
Maybe a LCA Tejas Mark3 someday.

IMG_20210825_174445.jpg

pipebomb

Country flag
Nah. Its far better that they aren't souping this up by forcibly trying to make it low RCS. Its far better to complete these projects within the set timeline without any delays. That will allow us to overcome the psychological barrier of previous generation projects like Tejas, Arjun, etc. That punctures the foreign arms industry propaganda that Indian weapons projects are slow. I am very happy with the speed of these new projects: LUH, Tejas Mk2, Uttam Mk2, etc being on time. Now watch as the propaganda shifts to "India still making 4th gen planes in 2020s and 2030s".

From a tactical standpoint, low RCS won't offer us a lot of advantages. Stealth is a game of either going all in or simply abandoning it altogether. Its better to have drones and fighters like AMCA that focus entirely on microwave and IIR stealth while also having a 4th Gen fleet that is purely focused on minimizing turn-around time and maintenance costs while maximimizing aerodynamic performance, range, sensors and payload without being dragged down by stealth shaping and materials.
Absolutely, lca doesn't have a rcs problem to begin with then why address it. RCS is relative anyway. I say everything that delay mk2 needs to be relegated for future upgs, lets say something like wide area touch display etc. I have far more reasonable demands for mk2 than stealthy lca like an active fuel proportioner or a better wing body blend design or an retractable refueling probe.

not so dravidian

Country flag
i heard about certain RV Tejas program, from there i concluded that it cud be stealth variant

i remember member like porky kicker discussing that it cud be model/a TD variant for AMCA usage

not so dravidian

Country flag
If they find the Teddy's semistealth thing useful, then it might happen... 7t class Light-medium fighter will be required later too.
Will light jets be of any use given that m-mrac like Tejas mk2 and gripen e may take that role???

P.S: I've no clue role of lca type aircraft

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Will light jets be of any use given that m-mrac like Tejas mk2 and gripen e may take that role???

P.S: I've no clue role of lca type aircraft
Yea min 7ton class I said.. Jas-39, F-16, Mirage-2000 & our MWF they're all considered "light-medium class"... As opposed to Mig-29, Eurofighter Typhoon, Rafale, F-18, J-10, F-35, Su-75 & our AMCA are in the heavier side.

The Mig-21 to Tejas/Jf-17 class will be gone, like they once replaced the even lighter class of HAL Ajeet.
Only trainers (max LIFTs) will remain that light, not proper combat aircrafts.

Are MK2s canards movable?
Yup 30°up 20°down, like we found in a tender sheet. See older posts of the model.

Last edited:

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
This was the single engined LCA Navy Mk1 (modified). It was later updated to add those small stabilators at the tail. This was the design that was in the works before the Navy rejected it saying they didn't want a single engine fighter.
I know what this was... But i loved the design (& many people actually I was saying back then that the NLCA Mark2 design is much more mature than LCA Mark2 (.... I specifically remember one incident where someone wrote, on the the limited effectiveness of canards on MWF, due to how the wing aerofoil of Tejas already is).

Made some changes to that tho.

Last edited:

Spitfire9

Country flag
If MMRCA.2 happens, roughly how many Mk2 would be ordered? I wonder how much the price would increase if 80 Mk2 were ordered rather than 150+.

Was the declaration that India aims to become a major exporter of arms just hot air? Of Mk1A, Mk2 and AMCA, I see Mk2 as holding the greatest promise in the export market. Reducing the IAF production run would increase its cost, reduce its export prospects and so undermine the declared aim of GOI.

Global Defence

Articles