ADA Tejas Mark-II/Medium Weight Fighter

Rajaraja Chola

Country flag
Indeed when compared to french,american,israeli fighters aircrafts...dont know about china but once uttam aesa is developed ,it will make pesa bars radar obsolete even in india itself.
AESA per se doesnt mean its more powerful or make PESA's obselete. Most of F16 or F15 still operate PESA's. It just means it has more scans per minute and a better chance of survival at jamming. Uttam radar still will have a lower range than BARS radar which can detect aircrafts at 300 km. I dont think UTTAM has such capability yet but may be developed and it will consume more power. Even F414 engine power might not be enough for a BARS radar.
So I am not sure how you can use the word obselete here.

Steven Rogers

NaPakiRoaster
Country flag
AESA per se doesnt mean its more powerful or make PESA's obselete. Most of F16 or F15 still operate PESA's. It just means it has more scans per minute and a better chance of survival at jamming. Uttam radar still will have a lower range than BARS radar which can detect aircrafts at 300 km. I dont think UTTAM has such capability yet but may be developed and it will consume more power. Even F414 engine power might not be enough for a BARS radar.
So I am not sure how you can use the word obselete here.
lolz and that is the greatest sign of either getting ignorant or completly lack the knowledge of the subject(pls dont get too emotional) i suggest you to read some papers on aesa before making any random claim...

Last edited:

Rajaraja Chola

Country flag
lolz and that is the greatest sign of either getting ignorant or completly lack the knowledge of the subject(pls dont get too emotional) i suggest you to read some papers on aesa before making any random claim...
I might not be an expert in Radars per se but not an noob. Your claim says AESA Uttam makes N011 BARS PESA obselete which is not the case. AESA any day is better than an PESA radar.

mehrotraprince

Country flag
LCA Mark 1
Specification Measurement
Length 13.2 m
Span 8.2 m
Height 4.4 m
Max Take of Weight 13.5 t
Payload 5.3 t
Speed 1.6 M
Radius of Action 300 km
Takeoff distance 1700 m
Landing distance 1300 m
Service Ceiling 16 km

Power Plant
  • GE 404F2/J-IN20 (1 in no.) (General Electric)
  • Turbofan engine
  • Max. Thrust : 5618 kgf (55KN) - Dry thrust
*Notice the payload

https://hal-india.co.in/Product_Details.aspx?Mkey=54&lKey=&CKey=20

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
LCA Mark 1
Specification Measurement
Length 13.2 m
Span 8.2 m
Height 4.4 m
Max Take of Weight 13.5 t
Payload 5.3 t
Speed 1.6 M
Radius of Action 300 km
Takeoff distance 1700 m
Landing distance 1300 m
Service Ceiling 16 km

Power Plant
  • GE 404F2/J-IN20 (1 in no.) (General Electric)
  • Turbofan engine
  • Max. Thrust : 5618 kgf (55KN) - Dry thrust
*Notice the payload

https://hal-india.co.in/Product_Details.aspx?Mkey=54&lKey=&CKey=20
*Notice the range

Air Force test Pilots have publicly stated to be between 400 to 500 kilometres... Their website is shit! Very likely it'll be 3.5 tons.

IndianHawk

Country flag
*Notice the range

Air Force test Pilots have publicly stated to be between 400 to 500 kilometres... Their website is shit! Very likely it'll be 3.5 tons.
Unless the combat load is specified radius of action is meaningless. Same aircraft can fly far more with lesser load.

5.3 ton payload is technically correct. It matches that of gripen C which has same engine same weight.

A brochure figure to fight brouhers of dishonest foreigners.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Unless the combat load is specified radius of action is meaningless. Same aircraft can fly far more with lesser load.

5.3 ton payload is technically correct. It matches that of gripen C which has same engine same weight.

A brochure figure to fight brouhers of dishonest foreigners.
Then they'd write the maximum possible combat-radius of 500km+ (I'm guessing with 4-5 missiles & 2 tank) as well...

IndianHawk

Country flag
Then they'd write the maximum possible combat-radius of 500km+ (I'm guessing with 4-5 missiles & 2 tank) as well...
Perhaps they mentioned roa at max load of 5.3 to keep the info consistent.

Holy Triad

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
LCA Mk-2 cockpit will be ahead of F-35. Avionics will be similar and hopefully at par with F-35. Sensor fusion is a design driver.

AMCA is aiming a little ahead of F-35. We've to demonstrate that. Automation is the bedrock.

Intelligence is a design driver.

HV thakur works as test pilot with hal

Last edited:

Rajaraja Chola

Country flag
LCA Mk-2 cockpit will be ahead of F-35. Avionics will be similar and hopefully at par with F-35. Sensor fusion is a design driver.

AMCA is aiming a little ahead of F-35. We've to demonstrate that. Automation is the bedrock.

Intelligence is a design driver.

HV thakur works as test pilot with hal
And we are supposed to believe this tweet? F35? It always look better before actual project work starts.

Chanakya 002

Country flag
DRDO must make indigenous fifth generation fighter project happen: IAF Chief.
Lauding DRDO for successfully delivering indigenous weapon systems, IAF chief RKS Bhadauria on Tuesday said that the defence research agency should make the indigenous fifth-generation fighter aircraft happen and it must succeed.

"The Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft (AMCA) must succeed and it needs a lot of attention... it has taken off, it is a DRDO project. In terms of technology, this is one project where DRDO must make it happen," the IAF chief said while addressing the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) Director's Conference.

Asserting that the Indian Air Force wants to control the technology and other aspects of the programme, he said, "I am defining the technology of AMCA because it is where we lack. When we take a system from abroad, we get restricted by the technology and weapon available and there is a 10-year cycle if we have to change it. In AMCA, we want to have control."

"We will improve the technologies as we move on. We will ensure that we will maintain an edge," the IAF chief said.

Bhadauria has already made it clear that the IAF will fully back the indigenous fifth-generation fighter aircraft project being developed by the DRDO.

The IAF chief highlighted successful DRDO projects like the LCA Tejas plane and the INDRA radar.

"That is the first time a low-level radar (INDRA) was developed and we were able to utilise it on our critical areas and have a decent low-level pickup. In terms of technology, it was a hugely successful project," he said.

The IAF chief termed the indigenous Airborne Early Warning and Control aircraft developed by DRDO as another major success for the service.

"It is a huge success, we are looking forward for further development of it. The advantage of indigenous technology is that we are in continuous dialogue and change the specifications and requirements as we go along and get higher performance," Bhadauria said

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Look at this shit... Yusuf is colluding with coupta and shilling for foreign suppliers. BC India ke yeh sabse badi problem hai thora sa paisa khaa ke desh bechne ko tayaar hai sare.

On a positive side, he has been hammered by the public which now seems to understand far more about defence procurement.

Also the fact that there is active lobbying going on to ditch Tejas MK2 implies that it is close to development and is going to be a threat to Grippen-E not just in India but around the world. I fecking hope MoD and ADA stick to it.

This guy has a sensible take on it.
Amit of defence decode is generous.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles