ADA Tejas (LCA) News and Discussions

Which role suits LCA 'Tejas' more than others from following options?

• Interceptor-Defend Skies from Intruders.

Votes: 342 51.3%
  • Airsuperiority-Complete control of the skies.

Votes: 17 2.5%
  • Strike-Attack deep into enemy zone.

Votes: 24 3.6%
  • Multirole-Perform multiple roles.

Votes: 284 42.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
We should induct as many Tejas MK1A before 2025. 100-120~~~

We should start working on HAL AMCA by now with full swing so that possible start testing by 2023-24 and start limited production from 2026.

We should learn from history, HAL Marut "was technically obsolete by the time it was first delivered in 1964 and phase out in 1990. It goes to Pakistan JF 17 as well, they are also doing same mistakes and even HAL Tejas is much better than JF 17.

If we are not capable to develop by himself within the next few years than should do joint-project with help from Russia, France or US.
It was not technically obsolete,

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/indias-disappointing-marut-jet-fighter-proved

It won all its engagements with PAF F 86 sabres,,

If only GOI took up the offer of Bristol Siddley , to develop a better engine for it , for the cost of 5 cortes,

The fate of indian aviation industry will be different,

But this engine proposal from Bristol was rejected,

Just like IAF air marshal Parameshwaran headed committee shut down the snecma gtre JV for kaveri,

Which the modi govt had the brains to restart again.

Marut didn't enjoy the patronage of visionaries like Abdul Kalam.

Last edited:

Faithful Guy

It won all its engagements with PAF starfighters, the uber cool flying machine of that decade,

If only GOI took up the offer of Bristol Siddley , to develop a better engine for it , for the cost of 5 cortes,

Just like IAF air marshal Parameshwaran headed committee shut down the snecma gtre JV for kaveri,

Marut didn't enjoy the patronage of visionaries like Abdul Kalam.
It won all its engagements with PAF starfighters, the uber cool flying machine of that decade,
Only one aerial kill was recorded as having been achieved by a Marut; on 7 December 1971. By the way, Marut primary role was a bomber.

Could you please provide any evidence for your claim?

but now we have options....... after 20-30 years of failure. we should understand that if we don't have knowledge to build or develop than start from joint venture with full TOT. once you are mature enough o develop your own soul than develop new and advance for further use and replacement. I don't and will never buy which we lost 20-25 years including Indian tax money.

We were heading nowhere, now we are taking help from other countries after wasted many years

FactsPlease

Country flag

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/indias-disappointing-marut-jet-fighter-proved

It won all its engagements with PAF F 86 sabres,,
Shooting down an early-1950s introduced (F86F) airplane does NOT help to prove a 1967-introduced Marut "NOT technically obsolete". What you should had provided (discussed) is the technical standard back then, for most military aircraft (though not necessarily fighters). And that Marut did possess those standards.

-- it's just like arguing LCA Mk1 can fly as fast as MKI, does NOT make it automatically "complying with Whitcomb Area rule", as your first defense in that topic.(Turns out that comparison is barely apple to apple). (Thanks to HariPrasad-1, the exact scenario got some clarification!)

---- or, it's like boasting my 6-year Lexus NX outrun a 12-year-old Q8 on Canada highway prove it to be "NOT technically obsolete", even that NX lacks all FCW, RCTA, RDW, BSD, the common/required features now for most European SUV.

Last edited:

Enquirer

Shooting down an early-1950s introduced (F86F) airplane does NOT help to prove a 1967-introduced Marut "NOT technically obsolete". What you should had provided (discussed) is the technical standard back then, for most military aircraft (though not necessarily fighters). And that Marut did possess those standards.

-- it's just like arguing LCA Mk1 can fly as fast as MKI, does NOT make it automatically "complying with Whitcomb Area rule", as your first defense in that topic.(Turns out that comparison is barely apple to apple). (Thanks to HariPrasad-1, the exact scenario got some clarification!)

---- or, it's like boasting my 6-year Lexus NX outrun a 12-year-old Q8 on Canada highway prove it to be "NOT technically obsolete", even that NX lacks all FCW, RCTA, RDW, BSD, the common/required features now for most European SUV.
Another important fact that gets missed by the overzealous jingo fanboys is that Marut was technically not an Indian design.

It was designed by ex-Luftwaffe (Nazi) designers who happened to be living in India (after getting kicked out of Argentina where many Nazis sought refuge after WWII).
But to India's credit, they were part of HAL.

Most folks keep lamenting that the know-how got lost after Marut; not entirely true as the know-how was not created from grassroots - it was concentrated among the Germans who were already in the know!

US too used ex-Nazi scientists/engineers quite productively. India somehow didn't create a lasting knowledge base. (Also was cold towards some ex-Soviet scientists who wanted to settle in India after USSR breakup)!

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag

what I mentioned,

After the abandoning of Orpheus reheat engine for Marut,

It became subsonic, .& Not cosnsidered as ,"agile" ,due to lower peak thrust engines ,

So it was assigned in bombing roles,

But it gave a good account of itself in ai combat & scored kills in air combat.

"The North American F-86 Sabre, sometimes called the Sabrejet, is a transonicjetfighter aircraft. Produced by North American Aviation, the Sabre is best known as the United States' first swept wing fighter that could counter the similarly-winged Soviet MiG-15 in high-speed dogfights in the skies of the Korean War (1950–1953),"

Against F86,

So top speeds alone doesn't matter in air combat was my point.

"

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
Shooting down an early-1950s introduced (F86F) airplane does NOT help to prove a 1967-introd yuuced Marut "NOT technically obsolete". What you should had provided (discussed) is the technical standard back then, for most military aircraft (though not necessarily fighters). And that Marut did possess those standards.

what I mentioned,

After the abandoning of Orpheus reheat engine for Marut,

It became subsonic, .& Not cosnsidered as ,"agile" ,due to lower peak thrust engines ,

So it was assigned in bombing roles,

But it gave a good account of itself in ai combat & scored kills in air combat.

"The North American F-86 Sabre, sometimes called the Sabrejet, is a transonicjetfighter aircraft. Produced by North American Aviation, the Sabre is best known as the United States' first swept wing fighter that could counter the similarly-winged Soviet MiG-15 in high-speed dogfights in the skies of the Korean War (1950–1953),"

Against F86,

So top speeds alone doesn't matter in air combat was my point ".

Agility at close combat is far different from top speeds,

If that's so , then mirage 2000, is better than rafale.

Official document mentions , tejas as ,"super sonic at all altitudes,".

Tejas Flutter test dive's plummet distance, time, beginning speed of the dive

,(where pilot took his hands of the controls, & didn't give any throttle input)

terminal speed of the dive are all unknown quantities,

So guys concluding it was a powered dive , hv their own convictions for doing so.

Guys who conclude otherwise, hv their own convictions in doing so.

We still don't know tejas's sea level top speed resulted from breaking out of the dive or separately.

There are no official confirmation for that.

Plus it was the IAF official who said ,"now tejas mk1 , achieved same top speed as that of su 30 mki, in indian condition",

Not me.

May be some people know more than him, I don't bother about that.

As all the stuff has already been discussed here,

I need not go into it again.

Whitcomb area rule has no relevance in sub sonic , corner speeds in close combat ,

For which STR, ITR, AOA, Max Gs pulled, G onset rate, roll rate are calculated,

is my reading of aerodynamics.

Guys who say otherwise, are of no concern to me.

I am posting to set the record straight.

That's all.

Last edited:

Chinmoy

Country flag
Oh man.. my bad.. got excited seeing "FOC LCA".. And CSIR publishes this PR now. :doh:
Read the report again. Dr Sahni only emphasized on the order and just mentioned the positives of using a composite body over conventional metallic body.

We get driven by headlines only.

CSIR-National Aerospace Laboratories (CSIR-NAL) has received an order of more than Rs 100cr for delivering critical composite air-frame components to Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL), for the LCA-Tejas Full Operational Capability (FOC) standard aircraft.

Composite technology is one of the critical technologies that make the LCA a 4th generation fighter aircraft. The challenges were to develop the co-cured complex components indigenously during the time of technology denials and sanctions from other countries. Moreover, the autoclaves necessary for processing composite materials were also developed indigenously by CSIR-NAL. This homegrown technology developed by CSIR-NAL was used in realizing primary air-frame components of LCA like Fin, Rudder, Wing Spars and Fairings, Centre Fuselage and Main Landing Gear components.

DG-CSIR, Dr Girish Sahni while congratulating the team at CSIR-NAL stated that the use of this co-curing technology in LCA has resulted in 40% reduction in the part count, 50% reduction in the number of fasteners, and 30% reduction in the assembly time when compared to a conventional metallic air-frame. The usage of composites has led to an overall weight reduction of about 20% in the air-frame.

It is a matter of pride for the country that LCA’s percentage deployment of composites is one of the highest among contemporary aircraft of its class anywhere in the world and this order of Rs 100 crore plus value is a major achievement for CSIR and highlights CSIR’s commitment towards the Make in India initiative” said Dr. Sahni.

CSIR-NAL’s collaboration with LCA program started from technology demonstrator (2 aircrafts) to prototype development (5 aircrafts) to limited series production (8 aircrafts) and Initial Operational Capability (IOC) standard production aircrafts (SP1 to SP20). The initial IOC order of 20 sets is nearing completion. CSIR-NAL has now further received an order to supply additional 20 sets of parts for FOC standard aircraft (SP21-SP40) at a cost of Rs 100cr plus including development of tooling. CSIR-NAL has identified a private industry, M/s Tata Advanced Materials Limited (TAML), Bengaluru, as a production partner.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
20% weight reduction in airframe for FOC Tejas!!
This is a very important piece of news and very welcome one.
Members should discuss on this and give some insight what it could mean for FOC.
They are talking about the weight reduced due to composite. It is not case that Tejas's air frame weight is reduced 20% now.

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
https://defenceforumindia.com/forum/threads/kaveri-engine.5097/page-139

"The Canard weight is I not the problem. It's the weight of the radar.
Canards were added to Su-30MKI (a derivative of Su-27) primarily to support the heavy weight of the new & powerful radar. ".
https://defenceforumindia.com/forum/threads/ada-tejas-lca-news-and-discussions.1/page-845

Page 845 in this thread

"You seem like a guy who dies of an ant prick!
150 kgs extra weight right inside the spine of the aircraft & uniformly distributed DOESN'T NEED ANY ADDITIONAL STRENTHENING!
950 kgs of additional weight?? You're completely over reacting!
If you're even half sane you probably know already"

"could use some new ceramics etc! And what if it needed some additional heat dissipation mechanism....
20% 'engine' weight doesn't have to result in 'dead' weight everywhere! CG balancingcan be achieved by justhaving additional payload(made available viaadditional thrust) in the wing & aft regions.
Also, Fuel is mostly carried in the wings!"

If 150 kg additional engine weight, at the tail of tejas, doesn't require, any

ballast,
airframe redesign,
& Can be balanced with fuel & payload in 6.5 ton empty weight tejas,

Why does a few 100 kg extra weight radar on a 30 ton Su mki needs to be balanced with canard?

Can't it be also managed with distributing fuel, pay load uniformly?

So we seem to hv two different aerodynamics schools here,

One for odd days,
One for even days,

In kavreri engine thread,. "We need canards to balance the su 30 mki's" extra radar wright,

But when it comes to tejas,

300 kg extra engine weight needs no balancing ballast in air frame,

Guys beware of shilling trolls,.

From the time I interrupted him & try to correct his BS,

He is just telling more lies to cover up one lie.

Like Whitcomb area rule meant for minimizing wave drag at are and sonic speed also applies at sub sonic corner speeds ,

Berating the low wing loading of tejas etc,

Ot seems a Troll Inc is at work here posting stupid stuff, then unleashing a deluge of abusive language,

Wen senior members try to point this out.

Mods must note this.i T will result in this forum being hijacked by a pack of quacks,

Selling snake oil like ,"tejas is a mig 21 class fighter", which still fails to meet the original ASR",
etc, etc

Last edited:

Jackd

Seriously, I thought this stupid contest was finally over and everyone breathed a sigh of relief. Obviously, we all were mistaken and here it is again - #₹₹₹ Measuring Contest 2.0. It is a request to @Enquirer not to participate and ignore. Both of you are geniuses.

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
Seriously, I thought this stupid contest was finally over and everyone breathed a sigh of relief. Obviously, we all were mistaken and here it is again - #₹₹₹ Measuring Contest 2.0. It is a request to @Enquirer not to participate and ignore. Both of you are geniuses.

Seriously that post was not aimed at you,

& You need not reply for that.

You need not front for that guy,

He is so full of ,"knowledge" that he can enthrall & entertain us with his ,"relativity theory of aerodynamics"

ROFL.

He has discovered that Whitcomb area rule pertaing to wave drag at trans sonic to supersonic flight regime,
Is not binary,
Is cumulative,
Is operating in ,"continuum" from that moment ,
When pilot steps into the cockpit for ignition.

ROFL

Last edited:

Enquirer

Dude, I gave up reading/responding to ersakthivel's posts long back. My last response was only to his obsequious 'chela' who re-posted ersakthivel's nonsensical question to me about Su-30MKI sea level speed(his 'chela' still claims I didn't answer the question despite my pointed answer that everyone else expounded on and agreed with)
Rest assured, I have no intention to engage morons.

Last edited:

vishal_lionheart

Lol. No chance.

Only 4.5 gen fighters IAF will buy from now on is LCA, MKI and Rafale. There’s no room for any other type.
Sir ji ACM B.S.Dhanoa told that Tejad mk2 will be new aircraft different from Tejas Mark 1A . It's trials wil be start from next decade. This are the tricks of Army general.

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
ROFL,

Idiots typing abusive language &calling others morons is funny,

Pretend to be wearing a ,"dignified" halo to escape after being get caught.

Pack of quakes should accept that they were lying through out this thread &

Behave properly in future.

That's intention of my post.

Not to engage with foul mouthed gutter rags.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles