ADA Tejas (LCA) News and Discussions

Which role suits LCA 'Tejas' more than others from following options?

• Interceptor-Defend Skies from Intruders.

Votes: 342 51.3%
  • Airsuperiority-Complete control of the skies.

Votes: 17 2.5%
  • Strike-Attack deep into enemy zone.

Votes: 24 3.6%
  • Multirole-Perform multiple roles.

Votes: 284 42.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Enquirer

Yo mud headed expert,

Read the following,

Before starting your ,"fortune telling",

"Combined with relatively low wing loading andpowerful basic flight controls, it makes for an exceptionally agile aircraft, controllable even at very low speeds and high angle of attack. "

You hv been yelling from the roof top that,

LOW WINGLOADING is some insignificant spec.

Correct your lying ways, before calling others fraud.

The Su-27's basic design is aerodynamically similar to the MiG-29, but it is substantially larger. The wing blends into the fuselage at the leading edge extensions and is essentially a cross between a swept wingand a cropped delta (the delta wing with tips cropped for missile rails or ECM pods). The fighter is also an example of a tailed delta wing configuration, retaining conventional horizontal tailplanes.

The Su-27 had the Soviet Union's first operational fly-by-wire control system, based on the Sukhoi OKB's experience with the T-4 bomber project. Combined with relatively low wing loading and powerful basic flight controls, it makes for an exceptionally agile aircraft, controllable even at very low speeds and high angle of attack. In airshows the aircraft has demonstrated its maneuverability with a Cobra(Pugachev’s Cobra) or dynamic deceleration – briefly sustained level flight at a 120° angle of attack
You're my bitch who can't get me out of your mind!

Pash

Country flag
You guys an't stop stop this ugly derailing of many threads e.g. here and in Kaveri thread thread too. It not only look bad but extremely bad for other readers. Open another thread for yourself and throw you knowledge vomit on each other there. Your extra knowledge is not much helpful for ordinary reader. if you have nothing on new update, please stop posting here.

@mods you cannot do any thing?

Enquirer

@Dovah

I have been trying to avoid engaging with ersakthivel, yet he keeps drawing me into a brawl with abuses hurled at me, flame baiting with (several months) old topics that he doesn't let die.
I can ignore this moron to some degree, but will hit back at some point.

Not punishing this disrupter with suspension or ban is only encouraging him to act more and more thuggish!

I don't particularly relish being bracketed with this thug, by other minions, either!

Sancho

Is there a way to accomodate a SPJ inside the body of Tejas in Mk1 and Mk1A versions during their midlife upgrade?
Midlife upgrade would be based on MK2 airframe and that hopefully will have the required internal space, that the MK1 airframes lack. Till then only the external wing station, or a twin pylon on that station will be the only solution.

Enquirer

@Dovah

I have been trying to avoid engaging with ersakthivel, yet he keeps drawing me into a brawl with abuses hurled at me, flame baiting with (several months) old topics that he doesn't let die.

Not punishing this disrupter with suspension or ban is only encouraging him to act more and more thuggish!

I don't particularly relish being bracketed with this thug, by other minions, either!
Forgot to add:

If a suspension needs to be imposed on me (for past, present & future transgressions), please do so right away.
I'll be in wilderness (mostly without Internet/cell) for the next 5 days :) :)

Enquirer

Midlife upgrade would be based on MK2 airframe
What does that mean?
When Mk1A comes for a mid-life service/upgrade they'll turn it into Mk2 airframe?
Not likely to happen. Mk1As will remain with Mk1A airframe & F404 engines for the rest of their lives.

Sancho

What does that mean?
When Mk1A comes for a mid-life service/upgrade they'll turn it into Mk2 airframe?
The first once to be upgraded are obviously IOC and FOC, but yes, since MK1A is based on the same MK1 airframe, it needs the new MK2 airframe, to integrate all missing upgrades of the MK2 (new engine, integrated EW...).

Enquirer

The first once to be upgraded are obviously IOC and FOC, but yes, since MK1A is based on the same MK1 airframe, it needs the new MK2 airframe, to integrate all missing upgrades of the MK2 (new engine, integrated EW...).
That's like building a new aircraft from scratch with new material while trashing the already built Mk1A aircraft and throwing away its parts!
They will just leave Mk1As as is...and use that new-airframe/new-engine/all-the-avionics-bundle that you mention to build a brand new Mk2!

Reactions: G10

Sancho

That's like building a new aircraft from scratch with new material while trashing the already built Mk1A aircraft and throwing away its parts!
First of all MK1A is nothing special, it's a slightly modernised FOC, nothing more. It bridges the time and keeps the production line busy, until MK2 can be available.

Secondly, the MK2 changes are mainly based on the center fuselage. The nose / cockpit section, the wings, the vertical tail... will all remain the same. So upgrading an MK1 airframe to MK2 means changing the center fuselage and all the internals in it + adding the new plug to extend the airframe.
Also MK1A upgrades like new AESA and RWR can be retained, or replaced with indigenous once. Considering that the upgrade will come only after around 10 years in service, it's likely that they will replace them.

Enquirer

First of all MK1A is nothing special, it's a slightly modernised FOC, nothing more. It bridges the time and keeps the production line busy, until MK2 can be available.
Agreed.

Secondly, the MK2 changes are mainly based on the center fuselage. The nose / cockpit section, the wings, the vertical tail... will all remain the same. So upgrading an MK1 airframe to MK2 means changing the center fuselage and all the internals in it + adding the new plug to extend the airframe.
Also MK1A upgrades like new AESA and RWR can be retained, or replaced with indigenous once. Considering that the upgrade will come only after around 10 years in service, it's likely that they will replace them.
Actually, Mk2 wings, tail etc are bigger. The cockpit is also new/modern.

So retaining the nose section is like taking a good cotton shirt & tearing-off/replacing the sleeve, collar, front & back with silk fabric but retaining the buttons & calling it an upgrade to the old cotton shirt!
Why not keep the old cotton shirt & have a new silk shirt too? You'll have two shirts to wear instead of one!!

Sancho

Actually, Mk2 wings, tail etc are bigger.
The span is planned to remain the same, the overall height is planned to increase, which however doesn't mean the tail changes, but the airframe.

The cockpit is also new/modern.
The displays, not the cockpit section. That's standard modernisation see Jaguar, Migs, or MKI.

Enquirer

The span is planned to remain the same, the overall height is planned to increase, which however doesn't mean the tail changes, but the airframe.

The displays, not the cockpit section. That's standard modernisation see Jaguar, Migs, or MKI.
Again, you want to retain the buttons throw away the cotton sleeves, collar, pockets etc to make an 'upgraded' silk shirt!
There's nothing wrong in keeping both the shirts for the extra cost of buttons! :) :)

Also, with MTOW going from 13.5 tonne to 17.5 tonne the tail section has to be modified to retain the same maneuverability!

Last edited:

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
@Dovah

You just keep all holes of your body tightly shut up ,when it comes to snidely insulting me,

Why would I waste my time replying to you?

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
After lying thr
@Dovah

After lying through out this thread on

Wing loading,

engine thrust can do the job of balancing CG, CL, margin of instability, with no need for weight balancing,

Trans sonic wave drag operates in subsonic speeds,
it is cumulative, continuum from, not binary

etc, etc,

& Getting caught red handed,

What else did you contribute here in the past month?

You hv the gall to advice mods to ban me,

ROFL.

Last edited:

Enquirer

After lying thr

After lying through out this thread on

Wing loading,

engine thrust can do the job of balancing CG, CL, margin of instability

etc, etc,

You hv the gall to advice mods to ban me,

ROFL.
Ideally you deserve a kick in the ass; but since we all live in the virtual world the best that can be meted out to you is to ban you - the quality of discussions will improve so much! You've made your 'friends' quite dumb by feeding them BS, they deserve better!

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
Ideally you deserve a kick in the ass; but since we all live in the virtual world the best that can be meted out to you is to ban you - the quality of discussions will improve so much! You've made your 'friends' quite dumb by feeding them BS, they deserve better!
Problem is the toxicity you bring in with your foul mouthed convo skills

Long arguments & heated discussions are not new to this thread.

I am posting here for close to a decade.

Don't lie & mislead people.

This thread was once cited in CAG report.There is a thread on that too,

Mods hv asked me a couple of times to write an article on tejas , for posting it in articles section.

I am just waiting for FOC to get over.

You are the only ,"expert" who has found out about my ,"faux science" here

LOL.

First rule in an open forum is to not to use foul language
&
advertise one's hooligan instinct like you are doing in the post above.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles