ADA Tejas (LCA) News and Discussions

Which role suits LCA 'Tejas' more than others from following options?

• Interceptor-Defend Skies from Intruders.

Votes: 342 51.3%
  • Airsuperiority-Complete control of the skies.

Votes: 17 2.5%
  • Strike-Attack deep into enemy zone.

Votes: 24 3.6%
  • Multirole-Perform multiple roles.

Votes: 284 42.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Saichand K

Country flag
#GaganShakti2018 : #LCAOps Major IAF level exercise Gagan Shakti has started from 11 Apr 18. This year over 1100 aircraft have been deployed at their operational locations. This exercise is also unique as LCA, our indigenous fighters are being deployed at forward bases. During the first phase of the exercise, today all the deployed LCA aircraft had participated. The operational efficiency and mission worthiness of these platforms would be put to test in a real time intense exercise environment. A milestone towards ‘Make in India’, LCA will employ Close Combat and Beyond Visual Range Air to Air missiles in a simulated scenario apart from Air to Ground weapons.
The IAF has consistently encouraged the development of indigenous defence production capability and capacities. A look at the past demonstrates the IAF’s participation and promotion of indigenization programs. It is proud moment for our test pilots as they have been involved in its development since 1990’s.
This versatile multirole fighter would be put through its operational paces towards validating concepts. Ex-Gaganshakti will test the LCA across a varied spectrum encompassing Air Defence and Strike capabilities amongst others. The employment of LCA in the exercise will go a long way in incorporating its capabilities in the operational matrix of the IAF.

LCA will show bvr capabilities.....then lsp8 will be their or ....ioc... versions produced after bvr test has the capability to fire bvr??
confused

from indian air force fb page
Yeah Looks like it. I think the radome in the above pic of Tejas is green.

Rahul Singh

Country flag
Yeah absolutely..most irritating part. If you want to do PR and Psyops - you better do it correctly. Nothing about this configuration says strike missions , even LDP is not present
The pictures could be of Ferry missions.

Chinmoy

Country flag
waiting for this video ....but in all above photo. .Tejas is unarmed .........
..........................only drop tanks
Look out carefully. You would notice that all these pics are taken during landing, except one which I doubt is during taxing after landing.

Immanuel

Country flag
Even know the deal with Russians, we have to import the materials for every part, cutting a part from the material eventually costs more since then the materials are wasted as they aren't cannibalized for other part due to the part contract... DRAL Is a JV not an anil Ambani.. The machineries in the DRAL are French.... HAL with 70 years of experience has little idea of business. One of the major MMRCA failure reason was guarantee on HAL made Rafale which Dassault refused to offer since HAL didn't went for French precision tooling but issued a global tender ...

Sent from my Aqua Ace II using Tapatalk
So we are suppossed to believe that the quality of Rafale coming out of DRAL will be on par with that of French made Rafales knowing that DRAL hasn't made a precision nut and bolt to this day?

HAL tendering to buy precision tooling is perfectly fine and in this day and age most precision tooling providers are good and are able to meet well within needs. Actually doing so would have ensured lower cost of tooling and set-up costs for facilities. Guaranteeing HAL made Rafales would have been easy as well since anyways full time Dassault manufacturing and process experts would on site from day 0 to ensure the build quality is as expected.

Reality is Dassault wasn't keen on giving out deep airframe secrets to HAL which with Tejas, AMCA, Ghatak UCAV and future projects etc. would potentially be a big competitor in the future. Another reason is that they weren't keen on giving out full-tot either.

They knew from day one knowing what HAL does about MKI and others over the years, HAL would have an insight of aircraft few in the world have, an ability to know the inherent strengths and weaknesses of western and Russian airframes & design philosophy.

Reality is for the most case, DRAL will put parts coming from France together or in most cases, they'll slap a nice 'made in India' sticker or laser etch it, even a nice 'make in India' Lion on it just so they can show it off to high level folks coming to visit once in a while. knowing full well how Reliance operates for decades, that's probably how it will end up.

Last edited:

Kshithij

DharmaYoddha
So we are suppossed to believe that the quality of Rafale coming out of DRAL will be on par with that of French made Rafales knowing that DRAL hasn't made a precision nut and bolt to this day?

HAL tendering to buy precision tooling is perfectly fine and in this day and age most precision tooling providers are good and are able to meet well within needs. Actually doing so would have ensured lower cost of tooling and set-up costs for facilities. Guaranteeing HAL made Rafales would have been easy as well since anyways full time Dassault manufacturing and process experts would on site from day 0 to ensure the build quality is as expected.

Reality is Dassault wasn't keen on giving out deep airframe secrets to HAL which with Tejas, AMCA, Ghatak UCAV and future projects etc. would potentially be a big competitor in the future. Another reason is that they weren't keen on giving out full-tot either.

They knew from day one knowing what HAL does about MKI and others over the years, HAL would have an insight of aircraft few in the world have, an ability to know the inherent strengths and weaknesses of western and Russian airframes & design philosophy.
Please understand that any ToT given to DRAL will be directly sent to DRDO and guarded as national secret. Also, India knows what ToT to ask. Dassault is not giving ToT as per its whims but as per agreement with India. It is irrelevant whether ToT is given to DRAL or HAL.

Dassault is going to help DRAL make whatever items it is making and will give guarantee for it. This deal is backed by French government and there will be no cheating involved. If DRAL makes poor quality items, Dassault will inspect it and reject it. It is Dassault's duty to ensure quality. Dassault will train DRAL team to manufacture the parts with high quality, provide equipment and inspect it to ensure no compromise in quality.

The precision manufacturing given to DRAL will automatically flow into DRDO. Then from there it can go to anyone. So, it is meaningless to say that technology will not be given to HAL. ToT is given to India, not to private companies. DRAL can't simply be bought by Saudi Arabia and all the technology with it. Technology in defence can't be a copyright of a private company.

Reactions: VIP

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag

a tight slap for Tejas haters.. .those who had said Tejas takes 20 hr maintenance...for one hour sortie ...

This is excellent. All 8 Indian Air Force LCA Tejas jets forward deployed (some at Phalodi air base in Rajasthan) for Exercise Gagan Shakti. Here's HAL chairman Suvarna Raju saying they're flying three sorties a day each.

and in your terminology .....I am a fan boy .....hmm I am ...and proud of it ....a Tejas lover

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
I have a doubt........hal..chief said all 8 inducted Tejas are part of ....the exercise Gagansakti

and according to air force Tejas will fire bvr in that exercise . and we all know bvr capability is possible in for version.....and only one jet lsp8 can fire this .(contradict s hal chief s statement)...

so ....I think hal is adding bvr capabilities in current version s may be ....

that s why ..... according to latest report (unconfirmed)....the 21 sp..will be mk1a
@Rahul Singh

Rahul Singh

Country flag
This is excellent. All 8 Indian Air Force LCA Tejas jets forward deployed (some at Phalodi air base in Rajasthan) for Exercise Gagan Shakti. Here's HAL chairman Suvarna Raju saying they're flying three sorties a day each.
Since Sp-9 is still doing pre-delivery trials, it means that all SPs (1-8) are forward deployed and at least some (if not all are flying) 3 sorties a day in an intense exercise.

Well, such is the rate of availability of first 8 IOC Tejas.

Rahul Singh

Country flag
I have a doubt........hal..chief said all 8 inducted Tejas are part of ....the exercise Gagansakti

and according to air force Tejas will fire bvr in that exercise . and we all know bvr capability is possible in for version.....and only one jet lsp8 can fire this .(contradict s hal chief s statement)...

that s why ..... according to latest report (unconfirmed)....the 21 sp..will be mk1a
@Rahul Singh
As per Tejas FB admin, BVR integration is over. And to make all SP 1-8 BVR capable only thing HAL needs to do is to update the software. Which HAL might have completed already.

In any case, it is not a time intensive job as we own every bit of software that is there in Tejas.

Did I just mention benefits of having an indigenous fighter jet? Sure I did.

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
As per Tejas FB admin, BVR integration is over. And to make all SP 1-8 BVR capable only thing HAL needs to do is to update the software. Which HAL might have completed already.

In any case, it is not a time intensive job as we own every bit of software that is there in Tejas.

Did I just mention benefits of having an indigenous fighter jet? Sure I did.
and I am sure air force is in love with Tejas....it's media who is creating this hate story 3 film ...

air force knows ..they can use any weapon (Russian, western and indian too) with Tejas ...which they couldn't before with their fighters ......
and waiting for that video of Tejas in Gagansakti ...but i don't think ...iaf..will release this .....

Anathema

Country flag
and I am sure air force is in love with Tejas....it's media who is creating this hate story 3 film ...

air force knows ..they can use any weapon (Russian, western and indian too) with Tejas ...which they couldn't before with their fighters ......
and waiting for that video of Tejas in Gagansakti ...but i don't think ...iaf..will release this .....
They have released. First video of night time flying operations by Tejas has been posted by IAF Twitter handle

AMCA

Country flag

a tight slap for Tejas haters.. .those who had said Tejas takes 20 hr maintenance...for one hour sortie ...

and in your terminology .....I am a fan boy .....hmm I am ...and proud of it ....a Tejas lover
And a Chutiya Jurno had written in a report that Tejas requires 20hrs maintenance for every 1 hour of flight

Kshithij

DharmaYoddha
And a Chutiya Jurno had written in a report that Tejas requires 20hrs maintenance for every 1 hour of flight
They mean to say that after 800 hours, Tejas needs to be overhauled. Overhauling is complete disassembly and followed by checking and then reassembly. Since assembly of Tejas costs 7 months of time and disassembly and checking costs another 1-2 months of time if checking is done parallel to reassembly, the total time taken will be 9x30x24= 6480 hours which is 8 hours overhaul per hour of run. They are technically correct but all planes have to undergo this as some parts do get damaged and especially the engine needs some repairs.

The journalists want to spin the news in such a manner so as to make Tejas appear bad. F16, for example, takes 10-11 months for assembly. Hence the overhaul period would be 1 whole year, far worse than Tejas. But these journalists are selective

darshan978

Darth Vader
Country flag

@Rahul Singh
LSPs are not inducted in airforce and lsp 8 =SP 1 to 9
so if LSP can fire bvr SP 1to 9 also can....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles