ADA Tejas (LCA) News and Discussions

Which role suits LCA 'Tejas' more than others from following options?

• Interceptor-Defend Skies from Intruders.

Votes: 342 51.3%
  • Airsuperiority-Complete control of the skies.

Votes: 17 2.5%
  • Strike-Attack deep into enemy zone.

Votes: 24 3.6%
  • Multirole-Perform multiple roles.

Votes: 284 42.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kshithij

DharmaYoddha
Don't ask for them, none of them would have any sane discussion.

If I am not wrong, some of'em would say than IAF had given order of 20 IOC Mk1 LCA in 2006 even after 12 yes, not even half of the order is delivered......

They know what LCA had gone through, how it all happened, but..................

Well, let's just say that they are crtiques and ignoring them is good for health.
I am the one who have been consistently telling that Tejas was ordered in 2006. But I am not a critique of Tejas but of UPA. I always held that UPA is responsible for all defence related problems. I don't know why you have referenced me here.

tejas warrior

Country flag
That's 2 SP in the month of March. And you getting this rate when there is confirmed orders for only 40 Tejas.

Where are critiques?
It's 4th aircraft coming out from Dec-17 : SP5, 7, 8 & 9 in 4 months.

SP10 & SP11 both should be getting ready and making their first flight in next 2 months (by May). (IR@BR expects SP11 by April itself.. but that will get heart attack to Dalals.)

Then you have 6 in 6 months.

Next FA target is 12 fighters.

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
I see sp12. .in a short interval after sp11
as. up to sp12..are in line in different stages......if hal..will deliver sp11..in April then definitely hal is in turbo mode . they will fulfill their promise of 11 fighter s in squadron..

Pandeyji

Country flag
I had sent them a DM and I quote "
Sir , one question
Can I know Tejas's maximum ferry range only on internal fuel?""

No replies.

And then I had commented on one of their posts saying something like (dont remember exactly) .. "I asked to know the maximum range of the Tejas on internal fuel, and no one bothered replying"
Fir to ban hona hi tha. If you don't get what I am saying go to an AF or Army base & start asking such detailed questions with the technical terms. Then tell me what happened.

The secret to knowing is to pretend to not know anything. For some reason people are more willing to spill all the beans in front of somebody who they believe to be an idiot.

Rahul Singh

Country flag
I had sent them a DM and I quote "
Sir , one question
Can I know Tejas's maximum ferry range only on internal fuel?""

No replies.

And then I had commented on one of their posts saying something like (dont remember exactly) .. "I asked to know the maximum range of the Tejas on internal fuel, and no one bothered replying"

This was a while ago. I go back to the page now and I dont know when they blocked me.

The Bird I have been researching and supporting for years decides to block me thanks to some rogue admins on the loose. Doesn feel good.
Don't ask specific technical details. These details are never to be shared in public.

Publically stated ranges are vaguely put, even during PR exercises. Even a foreign air force buying Tejas won't know about exact specific details of IAF Tejas. Especially the type you have asked on FB.

For once Tejas carries almost same fuel as Gripen C. Yet it's publically stated range is about half of Gripen C. Many choose to believe it. And enemy also then it's favourable for IAF. Also alarming western military industrial complex at this point is not suitable for our infant industry for obvious reasons.

A similar example is Agni-5. Dimensionally it should be plus 8000km ICBM. Yet its stated range in 5500km. DRDO does it for geo-political gains.

Last edited:

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
Based on my discussions with people in the 'Tejas community' it seems increasingly likely that MK-1A production may begin with the 21st HAL series production unit itself.

Bhai u r too fast...bdw thanks a lot

and what does it mean ....21 st production means. foc version s will be mk1a. variant s.....or what..

lcafanboy

Country flag
Based on my discussions with people in the 'Tejas community' it seems increasingly likely that MK-1A production may begin with the 21st HAL series production unit itself.

No doubt about it. I had already said that FOC now means Mk1A configuration hence all the delay. Earlier FOC was to be achieved by 2014 then shifted to 2015 and now 2018 end. Why? Because new foc standards which is Mk1A. There could also be engine change to f414 in Mk1A as there are no new orders for f404 and f414 have started to arrive..
Naysayers will be in for some real nasty surprise....:biggrin2:

Last edited:

tejas warrior

Country flag
Bhai u r too fast...bdw thanks a lot

and what does it mean ....21 st production means. foc version s will be mk1a. variant s.....or what..
I don't know what does Saurav means.. BUT only thing I'm concerned is production shouldn't stop. Mk1/Mk1A etc are all secondary.

indiatester

Country flag
No doubt about it. I had already said that FOC now means Mk1A configuration hence all the delay. Earlier FOC was to be achieved by 2014 then shifted to 2015 and now 2018 end. Why? Because new foc standards which is Mk1A. There could also be engine change to f414 in Mk1A as there are no new orders for f404 and f414 have started to arrive..
Naysayers will be in for some real nasty surprise....:biggrin2:
I hear atleast 1 LCA flight daily. I hope the IFR, AESA and gun trials are validated soon.

lcafanboy

Country flag
I hear atleast 1 LCA flight daily. I hope the IFR, AESA and gun trials are validated soon.
Mk1A was to be completed within 3years in 2016 and in 2019 3yrs will be completed. So it could be true and instead of foc standards lca Mk1A could be coming. It also is being hinted with cancellation of SE fighter competition and one more thing is confirmed that Mk1A itself is quite capable.

Also it seems mk2 will be much more capable hence direct orders of over 200 lca mk2 fighters.

Someone has put senses into IAF, DRDO, HAL and others who are involved, maybe carrots and stick. Anyway it seems modi government has been pushing corrupts to wall and indigenous products are coming out faster and being accepted by forces. Good for the nation s defences.....

kstriya

Country flag
Mk1A was to be completed within 3years in 2016 and in 2019 3yrs will be completed. So it could be true and instead of foc standards lca Mk1A could be coming. It also is being hinted with cancellation of SE fighter competition and one more thing is confirmed that Mk1A itself is quite capable.

Also it seems mk2 will be much more capable hence direct orders of over 200 lca mk2 fighters.

Someone has put senses into IAF, DRDO, HAL and others who are involved, maybe carrots and stick. Anyway it seems modi government has been pushing corrupts to wall and indigenous products are coming out faster and being accepted by forces. Good for the nation s defences.....
If 20 FOC = MK1A then we will have 103 MK1A... Jai Hind... This is ache din...
:india::balleballe:
:hail:Modi for 2019

Kshithij

DharmaYoddha

Actually, the scientists are very enthusiastic people . The UPA govt was treasonous. Most of the projects started in NDA1 was not completed for 10 years of UPA and dragged on indefinitely.
Some examples:
1) Tejas first flight was in 2001 and 20 ordered in 2006 but not even 1 Tejas made till 2014
2) Astra BVR was first tested in 2003 but till 2014 was not progressed
3) Kaveri engine was not funded
4) Brahmos was also inducted in NDA1 and was supposed to be indigenised fully over time. It is only happening now
5) Scorpene submarines were negotiated by NDA1 and signed by Antony in 2005. France agreed to build in India but nothing happened till 2014. First submarine came in 2016. A new submarine takes 2-3 years to build.
6) IAC-1 did not progress till 2014
7) Nuclear submarine project began in NDA1 but it was not fitted till 2016.
8) Weapons locating radar was first thought of in 2003 but it took Modi to rprocure it

There are many more such events that were happening smoothly in NDA1 and then went to slow mode in UPA but revived in NDA2. It is not meaningful to say that scientists were all genius till 2004 and then after 2014 while they became corrupt and evil between 2004-2014.

darshan978

Darth Vader
Country flag
Actually, the scientists are very enthusiastic people . The UPA govt was treasonous. Most of the projects started in NDA1 was not completed for 10 years of UPA and dragged on indefinitely.
Some examples:
1) Tejas first flight was in 2001 and 20 ordered in 2006 but not even 1 Tejas made till 2014
2) Astra BVR was first tested in 2003 but till 2014 was not progressed
3) Kaveri engine was not funded
4) Brahmos was also inducted in NDA1 and was supposed to be indigenised fully over time. It is only happening now
5) Scorpene submarines were negotiated by NDA1 and signed by Antony in 2005. France agreed to build in India but nothing happened till 2014. First submarine came in 2016. A new submarine takes 2-3 years to build.
6) IAC-1 did not progress till 2014
7) Nuclear submarine project began in NDA1 but it was not fitted till 2016.
8) Weapons locating radar was first thought of in 2003 but it took Modi to rprocure it

There are many more such events that were happening smoothly in NDA1 and then went to slow mode in UPA but revived in NDA2. It is not meaningful to say that scientists were all genius till 2004 and then after 2014 while they became corrupt and evil between 2004-2014.
agreed on all except 5 and 6 ........................

Prashant12

Country flag
agreed on all except 5 and 6 ........................
NDA-1 Sanctioned Rs 3,500 crore for Phase 1.
NDA-2 Sanctioned Rs 19,000 crore Phase-II and III.

The approval for the around Rs 19,000 crore Phase-II and III construction of the long-delayed indigenous aircraft carrier (IAC), to be christened INS Vikrant, figures among the top agenda items for the new Modi government's Cabinet Committee on Security (CCS), say sources.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com...rier-tops-CCS-agenda/articleshow/35798198.cms

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
If 20 FOC = MK1A then we will have 103 MK1A... Jai Hind... This is ache din...
:india::balleballe:
:hail:Modi for 2019
That's why I'll vote for Modi in 2019 compared to Khangress I can really witness the change in Armed forces.
Indignation, privatisation, upgrade of logistics and fast cementing of deal.
But off course the Israeli pace of weapon procurement, manufacturing and innovation is desired.
It's a miracle that a country with 8 million population can do just stuff through sheer determination.

Kshithij

DharmaYoddha
That's why I'll vote for Modi in 2019 compared to Khangress I can really witness the change in Armed forces.
Indignation, privatisation, upgrade of logistics and fast cementing of deal.
But off course the Israeli pace of weapon procurement, manufacturing and innovation is desired.
It's a miracle that a country with 8 million population can do just stuff through sheer determination.
Israel gets technology transfer from USA. It does not do so much on its own. It is a myth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articles