ADA Tejas (LCA) News and Discussions

Which role suits LCA 'Tejas' more than others from following options?

• Interceptor-Defend Skies from Intruders.

Votes: 342 51.3%
  • Airsuperiority-Complete control of the skies.

Votes: 17 2.5%
  • Strike-Attack deep into enemy zone.

Votes: 24 3.6%
  • Multirole-Perform multiple roles.

Votes: 284 42.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
All Major bases have bomb proof shelters, Though i agree with this that all bases do not have such capability ..

Also for many reason fighters are parked in row for quick scramble and movement ..

I sure we have enough Sun/heat proof roofs to house the Fighters, But don't have enough Shelters which can save the Fighter from PGM/LGB bombs,

tejas warrior

Country flag
Capture.JPG

December 2015 FOC for the HAL Tejas is shaky at best if the new radome and IFR capability are kept as 'must haves'.

Abhi9

Country flag
Cobham is a british company and i think they are still sulking away due to Eurofighter's loss and thus are intentionally delaying the parts for Tejas. Very well could be a reality

Khagesh

Brits, Frenchies and Americans are all a tag team. France sells exocet to Argentina but hands over the secrets to Brits. They are all in this together.

Don't remember where I read it but IAF people have been going over to Cobham and tried to pressurize the Cobham people for both the IFR & Quartz Radome delivery. So much for IAF strategic partnership with the western countries. Instead of getting IFA and Quartz Radome, IAF had to give the Hawk-132 upgrade contract instead. Chaube ji chale, Chabbe ji ban ne, Dubeyji banke laute. Arre bhai kya karoge LCA leke, Hawk ko hi upgrade kar lo. And dutifully these bigshots sell the idea. IAF super bosses never fail to make me laugh.

There was a time when Brits did not think it good enough to sell a sub to us and in walked the Russians with Foxtrots. Result ATV.

Look at IAF on the other hand.

Ind4Ever

View attachment 5334
The good news. No window for Gripen exists any more. Discussions on long term development related partnership underway.
Gripin never had their chance . NG will anyway cost more than sukois . And we already have Tejas MK1 plus version and MK2 programmes . High time we ship our focus to adding more capable Su35 MKI variant and let the Tejas to fill mig 21/27 gap in the future .

Ind4Ever

Brits, Frenchies and Americans are all a tag team. France sells exocet to Argentina but hands over the secrets to Brits. They are all in this together.

Don't remember where I read it but IAF people have been going over to Cobham and tried to pressurize the Cobham people for both the IFR & Quartz Radome delivery. So much for IAF strategic partnership with the western countries. Instead of getting IFA and Quartz Radome, IAF had to give the Hawk-132 upgrade contract instead. Chaube ji chale, Chabbe ji ban ne, Dubeyji banke laute. Arre bhai kya karoge LCA leke, Hawk ko hi upgrade kar lo. And dutifully these bigshots sell the idea. IAF super bosses never fail to make me laugh.

There was a time when Brits did not think it good enough to sell a sub to us and in walked the Russians with Foxtrots. Result ATV.

Look at IAF on the other hand.
That's there plan got very long time now . I guess they have succeeded with it. Mistake is also on our side too

Shirman

Country flag
Like i said Hal should complete its 2015 target/deadlines /schedule and reap the benefit of the political backing it is currently getting in these few years...Tomorrow in the future there may be no Parrikar/Modi those guys are not permanent in our current political uncertain climate but Air force, Indian Bureaucracy Babus are meant to stay for eternity. Heck Parrikar has names now such as Popat Parrikar, Flip-Flop Parrikar, Loose Cannon and god knows what from his critiques as he has easily avoided twice cabinet reshuffles thanks to NDA coalition parties such as Shivsena and PDP in the past so i mean such is our political uncertainty that defence minister position is also not certain who seems to back Tejas in full force. I guess this along with previous DM Antony’s Work load pressure is making him frustrated / loose cannon type behavior...

Defencearts

Someone actually went ahead and made a RC model? COOL

But that Cow Moo at the beginning is not cool.

Illusive

Country flag
The model is not precise to be honest but nonetheless good work. The cow moo is kinda a shout for India? :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles