500,1000 Rs Note no longer legal tender!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSeeker

Which includes the majority of the indian population considering that only 2-3% of indian population pays taxes.
Majority of Indians do not have hoarded money. A huge mass of general public (farmers, day workers etc.) do not pay taxes because they do not fall under tax slab.

TheSeeker

yeah, now for the whim of this moron I have to ask my mom and 'her religious circle' to cancel the trip they have been planning for over a year, had booked tickets and hotels and everything. What kind of administration is this?
Stop whining!! Neither your family issue nor mine is bigger than the larger issue that involves the whole nation.

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag
That's the reason you should read, listen and understand news properly. You could transact 500 and 1000 denomination in Airport, Railway Station, Bus stand, pharmacy till 11th of this month. Rest she could go to any bank across India and can exchange the notes............
Do you even have any understanding that a housewife who never had to do a single financial transaction above shopping, who was supposed to go for a thrilling adventure of her choice like going to a Religious place with her own religious circle for the 1st time in her life without my dad accompanying, is going through right now? She cannot use any of the modern mode of transaction and she hardly ever went to the local bank, and she is supposed to go to Haridwar and find out a bank and wait in queue to withdraw money?

My Mom is worried and verge of panicking and I cannot forgive this shit administration for the scare it put into my Mom.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
The idiot strikes again. Strike on Black Money holders without having enough supply of new currency on Banks, what shit? My mom is about to leave for tour to Haridwar with her religious circle tomorrow and what is she supposed to carry with her? She doesn't know how to use ATMs and I have got Rs.15000/- withdrawn just yesterday for her travel expenses. Now, what the fuck should I do? Where can I exchange that shit by tomorrow? how is my mom going to do the expenses? No streetside vendor or small time business is going to accept the Rs.500/- and Rs.1000/- bill from tomorrow, whatever that it is valid till December,30. I mean what the fuck? I am out of my minds now. A shit head.
Add to this, tomorrow is a bank holiday....
Only solution now for you is , Go to an ATM right now and withdraw 400/- at a time. Deposit the 15K you got with you, day after tomorrow.

Better go to the atm before all 100's are exhausted.

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag
Stop whining!! Neither your family issue nor mine is bigger than the larger issue that involves the whole nation.
Fuck larger issue. You think the hoarders wouldn't find a way to get the new bills w/o trouble by 30 Dec? If you think so you are too naive to survive for long.

And, to me, my Mom having panic attack is much more important than a lame attempt.

And, yes it involves whole nation, but not going to impact the actual black money empires at all.

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag
Add to this, tomorrow is a bank holiday....
Only solution now for you is , Go to an ATM right now and withdraw 400/- at a time. Deposit the 15K you got with you, day after tomorrow.

Better go to the atm before all 100's are exhausted.
Went to all the ATMs nearabout. But I was a bit late to game and all are almost empty. Got about 1000 Rs. in 100s. Was stupid too, got an additional 500Rs. to exchange too.

Bahamut

yeah, now for the whim of this moron I have to ask my mom and 'her religious circle' to cancel the trip they have been planning for over a year, had booked tickets and hotels and everything. What kind of administration is this?
I understand your anger but if they had given more time then unaccounted money would have been changed in large amount .
You think the hoarders wouldn't find a way to get the new bills w/o trouble by 30 Dec? If you think so you are too naive to survive for long.
Sir there are no fake 100 notes in circulation , there are simply just not enough 100 notes to cover for each 500-1000 , govt. must be storing and printing money for the last 3 months for this .

alphacentury

Country flag
General life will be disruptive for a few days. But then, thats a given. For this to work, he couldnt have announced the time/date beforehand. The govt. should go on air everyday to give instructions and remind dead line.

sorcerer

Country flag
New notes. at the back Red Fort and Mangalyan.
Rumor is that these notes have chips in them to detect whether its fake or not.

View attachment 11443 View attachment 11444

People want change but don't want to put any effort in it.
:D
You know there was this recall for old bank notes which administration thinks is replicated to a larger extent..
They want all that back in the bank before MARCH 15.Its just a "measure" put in place.

Remember they even said the same thing for a particular series of notes and also they asked for the same process of ID card which we should submit after a particular day if we are exchanging notes on a particular series..but we hardly noticed that.

New bank notes will roll and its may be temp issue.

Chinmoy

Country flag
आज रात 12 बजे से 500 और 1000 रूपये के नोट बंद हो रहे हैं।
⭕आप अपने पुराने 500 व 1000 रूपये के नोटों को 10 नवम्बर से 31 दिसम्बर तक अपने खातों में बैंक या डाकघर में जमा करवा सकते हैं और नए निकलवा सकते हैं।
⭕आपसी लेनदेन ऐसे ही पुराने 500 व 1000 के नोटों से चलता रहेगा लेकिन 31 दिसम्बर से पहले देश में कोई भी पुराण 500 व 1000 का नोट नहीं होगा।
⭕आज रात से ही पुराने 500 व 1000 के नोट सरकारी लेनदेन में नहीं होगा।
⭕ये कार्य नकली नोटों को रोकने के लिए किया गया है।
⭕कल सारे बैंक व 9 व 10 को कुछ जगह पर ए टी म बंद रहेंगे।
⭕जब तक नये नोट ज्यादा नहीं आते तब तक एटीएम से हर रोज 10000 व सप्ताह में 20000 तक ही निकल सकते हैं। बाद में ये सीमा बधाई जायेगी।
⭕बैंक से सीधी राशी कितनी भी निकाल सकते हैं।
⭕5,10,50,100 रूपये के नोट ऐसे ही चलते रहेंगे। इनमें कोई बदलाव नहीं किया गया है।
⭕कुछ विशेष जगह अब से 72 घंटे तक पुराने नोट स्वीकार किये जायेंगे।

And this is the very reason why emphasis was given for A/c opening. It was not for card transaction only, but to make people know about bank functioning.

Stacking money and removing it from circulation is another form of black money transaction.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
If you are yet to decide, if yourself are person who puts "India First", you would have felt elated(even momentarily) as soon as you heard the news. nitty gritties sinking in a little later is still fine.

That would mean you don't mind small sacrifices for the greater good.

If not, you have to rethink your stand on "India First".

sorcerer

Country flag
General life will be disruptive for a few days. But then, thats a given. For this to work, he couldnt have announced the time/date beforehand. The govt. should go on air everyday to give instructions and remind dead line.
And these morons want to fight a war with pakistan with their mentality of civilian support...them who cant take a temp issue..
:D

Them who thinks the world and places of Hindu worships are safe from black money sponsored terrorism.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Incidentally Chandra Babu naidu made a statement couple of weeks back, that govt should withdraw 500Rs notes. he said it is leading to black money.

His wish partially granted.

Bahamut

Sir if this was done then people will use black money to buy investment like house ,computer etc but now because of small time limit ,there is no way but for them to burn it or wipe their shit.Think of it like cutting arm to avoid infection to spread quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles