500,1000 Rs Note no longer legal tender!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

raheel besharam

Dont be a blind modi bhakt and repeat the lines what BJP is projecting.... wait for the results.... Bold step.

sorcerer

Country flag
I repeat again. Govt. doing sensible is not something like announcing from Midnight onwards the money you have is papers only till you exchange them. That is called a rash action. Now, some guys are going to make a killing from tomorrows Market collapse. Now, they must be salivating.
Market collapse!! :D Thats taking risk..somebody has to do that one day or the other. Tomorrow or any other day thats supposed to happen for the same reason..

may be.good for you .Buy the real estate stocks of reliable companies.. :D hold long.

Rash action..:D
Do you expect GOvt to slowly slowly release the news?..create confusion and panic so that some can benefit from it..
One day or the other day they have to do it..
its GoI not a bunch of college kids ..They would have sought advice of a LOT of people in the system before making such a decision.
Also Reserve bank...they are not idiots who would have given their nod for Political leadership prior to breaking news.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
It is like watching Shankar movie.
I am going full smile on my face since the news broke out.

I don't care even if the economy collapse tomorrow. But now I am happy.
Well, even though plenty of people like @jackprince will take some hits. I think this might be good for some time, to take out a good deal of black money from the system.

@jackprince best bet, if you really don't want to cancel the trip, is to contact some friends etc in the area to do something about it.
Agreed this sudden late night annoucement stings.

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag
Well, even though plenty of people like @jackprince will take some hits. I think this might be good for some time, to take out a good deal of black money from the system.

@jackprince best bet, if you really don't want to cancel the trip, is to contact some friends etc in the area to do something about it.
Agreed this sudden late night annoucement stings.
On it man. Got about 7500Rs. But, most ppl won't share the 100rs. bills as they also have to use them. the 500Rs. demonination is what people mostly have thnx to the shitty ATM system. I really don't know what to do.

Blood+

Country flag
That is called robbery.
For the greater good my friend, for the greater good!!
Temple gold belongs to temple or who/whatever manages the temple, not government.
Well, that's exactly what should be changed, what purpose all that gold and money is serving by rotting in those temples - zilch, absolute zilch!!Why not just take it out and use it for the people??

sorcerer

Country flag
For the Modi lovers, from a new born Modi-hater, I too understand the need for the action. What I hate, besides the coincidence which placed my mom in a quandary, is that he went for a Bang in a pure showman style, when nothing significant except a few chillar hoarders may get effected. The biggest help it will do is that it will take all fake bills out of circulation for a quite a long time to come, but the hoarders mostly don't hoard in bills except the idiots.[/
Govt gave everyone of the hoarders a chance to declare their undecalred asset.
This is what follows NEXT!!
Something has to follow the other.

No..they dont invest in Idiots..
They keep it in Gunny bags..including some very famous politicians who keep it that way to spend for elections and till they can wash it systematically.
Whats invested in institutions already have papers for it. or atleast comes under scrutiny if the administration wants it.

Best part is common man with hard earned currency get a chance to buy a piece of land for building a home for himself.
Best part is common man wont be fooled by hoarders giving him fake currency when he works in the sun from dawn to dusk.
Lots..
the best part is having in posession of fake currency leads to screwups.,.which GoI believes the current notes are replicated beyond extent supportable by the system.

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag
Market collapse!! :D Thats taking risk..somebody has to do that one day or the other. Tomorrow or any other day thats supposed to happen for the same reason..

may be.good for you .Buy the real estate stocks of reliable companies.. :D hold long.

Rash action..:D
Do you expect GOvt to slowly slowly release the news?..create confusion and panic so that some can benefit from it..
One day or the other day they have to do it..
its GoI not a bunch of college kids ..They would have sought advice of a LOT of people in the system before making such a decision.
Also Reserve bank...they are not idiots who would have given their nod for Political leadership prior to breaking news.
Not giving even a day to have some recourse and causing panic among common men is rash action. If in doubt go to the nearest ATM banks and see the faces of the common men. My wife today paid the maids their salary and in 500Rs. bills. Cannot even imagine what panic they must be facing. The shopkeepers already refusing to take 500Rs. bills. It is panic outside and if you'd care to come down to the earth from the high heavens you would have noticed, too.

alphacentury

Country flag
For the greater good my friend, for the greater good!!

Well, that's exactly what should be changed, what purpose all that gold and money is serving by rotting in those temples - zilch, absolute zilch!!Why not just take it out and use it for the people??
One word, Naivety...............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles