2020 US election and its Impact on India Megathread

Status
Not open for further replies.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
It's entertaining how some otherwise educated people have "sispended disbelieg" just to accommodate their Trump parallel reality --- So the Democrats went to all the unprecedented trouble of manufacturing ballots and votes to make Biden win the Presidency then forgot to help Democratic Congressional and Senatorial candidates? And Republican states like Georgia and Arizona are helping Democrats cheat only for Biden over Trump? Think about how absurd that sounds people!

FalconZero

Country flag
It's entertaining how some otherwise educated people have "sispended disbelieg" just to accommodate their Trump parallel reality --- So the Democrats went to all the unprecedented trouble of manufacturing ballots and votes to make Biden win the Presidency then forgot to help Democratic Congressional and Senatorial candidates? And Republican states like Georgia and Arizona are helping Democrats cheat only for Biden over Trump? Think about how absurd that sounds people!
Already all of this has been discussed, go back a few pages and read for yourself, reserve the judgement for yourself for now.

FalconZero

Country flag
Already all of this has been discussed, go back a few pages and read for yourself, reserve the judgement for yourself for now.
Also, want to add that people are concern more about the after-effects if dems come in power, so there's that.

sorcerer

Country flag
There will obviously be a stock market crash post US election results and ...
will chinese dump the dollars post the election shock..??!!! just for a sustained recession in US economy
election results seems like a good cover for such

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Forget US elections mate, this chapter is almost closed. Might even close the thread if Biden team doesn’t start announcing their White House top posts, in another couple of days.

incase your flag is correct, does duterte have a chance of being re-elected? I had a old theory that, what ever happens to trump will happen to duterte.

sorcerer

Country flag
Three states pass amendments that 'only citizens' can vote

well!! thats in the midst of the election..and thats how the circus runs

sorcerer

Country flag

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
US Election 2020: Thousands of uncounted military ballots may still change outcome in battleground states, says advocacy group
Soldiers comes to save the day.

Akshay Fenix

Country flag
Trump lost, he needs to stop acting like a cry baby.

He would have lost the last election as well, if the dems hadn't selected Hillary.

Satya Indra

Country flag
Interesting enough, while browsing through reddit, twitter or even non-mainstream like 4chan i found people viewed both Yang and Tulsi positively, even like very conservative groups had a good view about Tulsi but stated that she will not be widely supported because she is a Hindu, any idea about Yang he doesn't seem like a bad idea but iirc he also supported UBI, i think UBI is a stupid idea, what do you think about him?
Yes, it's true, I've also seen many people like him. I guess maybe because he is not from the establishment.

Firstly, I agree, Yang's trump card - the UBI is highly impractical. It's like a lollypop given by typical politicians, and it's surprising since it's coming from a businessman. By an estimate, it ll cost around 2-3 Trillion Dollars each year.

Secondly, His thoughts lack depth. For example, In Iowa (its a big trucking stage), he said that self-driving trucks will destroy all the trucking jobs, but he failed to recognise that self-driving trucks will still require a driver. So, his main pitch was, when you'll lose your job, my Freedom Dividend of $1000 will save you. Most of his ideas are full of such examples.

Lastly, he is not good at debates, no counter-arguments, or pro-active participation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles