2016 India–Pakistan military confrontation

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
Indians never learn. 6 days back Pak begged us to stop bombardment on LOC and like idiots/fools we listened to them.
nothing new...
we have ancestors like Prithvi raj chauhan who always forgave ..
it is in our blood..

thats why I say send NE people.. they never forgive. All Mughal commanders were chopped by them on their first capture.

MrPresident

Country flag
7 of our own are Martyred. None of the politicians are coming out to condemn it, such a sad situation.

One more thing why is our army loosing so many in these sort of attacks, I read that 1 officer and 2 soldiers died while storming the building. Where they PARA?

Zulfiqar Khan

Excellent work. is it possible to ID the regiment based on the insignia? The soldier is not an officer so no chance of getting any info through official channels.

The rifles on the troops have wooden furniture, so these are very old. Could be from Mujahid Battalion?

Old picture, guns have been replaced and yes; they are from the Mujahid Battalion.

India22

I think Indian army's combat training needs to be upgraded. Another factor may be these terrorists were trained by Pakistan army so expect their training to be much harder than TTP. Maybe Indian army needs to use Carl Gustav and full auto rifles more. When terrorists are held up in a building, instead of clearing it, just demolish it by Carl Gustav.

aditya g

Country flag
Old picture, guns have been replaced and yes; they are from the Mujahid Battalion.
Thanks, I meant the KIA seargent's regiment and not the one in the parade. The insignia seems same. The berets are red but thats probably on account of the 'condolence party' beiing from military police.

piKacHHu

Country flag
What a sorry state of security at Nagrote base and what's more pathetic are the statements given to explain security breach.
" The army will investigate later how the attackers breached the highly fortified base, but officers said the terrorists were from the fidayeen or suicide squad and were "determined to get in"."

"Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar said: "Statistics have shown the attack is on military installations. Civilians are not being targeted.""

Source: http://www.ndtv.com/india-news/3-so...ack-on-army-base-near-jammu-10-points-1631637

Officers are attributing it to "Determination" of Fidayeen and our RM is taking refuge into "Statistics" after giving lofty speeches about surgical strikes and LOC actions. He should think that these words could come back to haunt him in the form of Fidayeen strikes !!
Now what's next ?? A wait for another surgical strike...

dude00720

Country flag
Why are we having families inside bases? And , how is it happening consistently, that, terrorists are reaching into sensitive positions so consistently. This needs a serious operational review, before we talk about retaliation.

Filtercoffee

Country flag
We are letting it happen don't tell me your internal links are not working, again it's not a weighing scale.

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
Why are we having families inside bases? And , how is it happening consistently, that, terrorists are reaching into sensitive positions so consistently. This needs a serious operational review, before we talk about retaliation.
that is normal
bigger question i how are they able to get inside and there is no intel in advance ...

scatterStorm

Country flag
So the troop movement along LOC was a deterrence against India's surgical strikes. While they carry out attacking Indian soldiers using proxies.

What will our response be? Will there be a response from our side for losing just 3 soldiers?

India has to think of something to end this 1000 cut war.
Agreed, they have created an effective deterrence that is cheap, I am a statistician and small numbers generally add up to large pool of numbers, If I am not wrong, from September to this month two or more than two military personnel is getting dropped in every two weeks, like waves or pattern, this is concerning! Our policy makers should create a spearhead to counter such vigilance, all I keep seeing is our jawans are fighting an enemy who has no strategies at all they are literally coming to our Army HQ doorsteps, I mean seriously pakistan has no shortage of people ready to die for there cause.

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag
Home minister has said in a statement they have a policy of exacting a heavier toll on the enemy and advised people to wait, there is something coming from our side as well.

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag
In Delhi, former Union Home Secretary and BJP MP, R.K. Singh. said the attack at Nagrota is a "message" sent by Pakistan's newly appointed army chief General Qamar Javed Bajwa to India. “We need to take note of the fact that this is the (Pakistan) new Army chief sending a message. His policy will be same as followed by the predecessor...We (also) need to send across a message to him," he said adding "India will hit back harder every time it is targeted." he said.

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/nati...-army-camp-near-jammu-2-soldiers-injured.html

Filtercoffee

Country flag
Sir we are blowing up the country anyway from within. For us this is nothing new, they strike after we tell them to. And further more please tell the council we like to stay alive instead of believing in 72 wet cunts waiting for us on the other side.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles