2016 India–Pakistan military confrontation

India22

If you want to inflict maximum damage with mortar or artillery fire, you did to fire them in pistol mode. With mortar it can't be done but India had done the same with arty. But while doing so, the range of any artillery is seriously diminished and you cant fire it at long range. Most of Paki outpost are beyond the reach of direct arty fire.
If you ask about damaging effect of any 80mm mortar shell on a stone bunker, then you should know that any direct hit from one such shell could devastate a reinforced bunker too. Why you think we do use 14mm or 12.7mm AMR against such posts. Look the effect of any 30mm AA gun in any such post.
"then you should know that any direct hit from one such shell could devastate a reinforced bunker too." So you agreed with my statement that without direct hit mortars cant do anything. However scoring direct on small outposts is hard, so I actually asked can a 120mm mortar or 105mm gun damage posts without causing direct hit? Answer is no. So that's why I said use ATGMs. MILAN ATGM can effectively be fired and it has more range than accurate Carl Gustav.

India22

That is why we need to raise militia which will infiltrat and commit heinous acts other side. That will force Pakis to petrol and if they don't. They will loose support of people of POK.

Either way it raises cost.
Who will be the people to fight as a militia for us? Local Kashmiri? Better not or they may defect to Pakistani side.

IndianHawk

Country flag
Who will be the people to fight as a militia for us? Local Kashmiri? Better not or they may defect to Pakistani side.
Nope we can assemble militia from all over the country. Train them pay them and let them loot in the POK.

We can pardon some old criminals for the task too. Our jails are overflowing anyway.

And for decent money yes we can find Kashmiri too. Don't think these jehadis are dying only for allah. It's always the money First

India22

Nope we can assemble militia from all over the country. Train them pay them and let them loot in the POK.

We can pardon some old criminals for the task too. Our jails are overflowing anyway.

And for decent money yes we can find Kashmiri too. Don't think these jehadis are dying only for allah. It's always the money First
Good suggestion still I may point out that those type warfare needs local support. Although PoK has lots of anti-Pakistan demonstration I doubt if they would support India. Though we can use that militia to use hit and run tactics in border.

Chinmoy

Country flag
"then you should know that any direct hit from one such shell could devastate a reinforced bunker too." So you agreed with my statement that without direct hit mortars cant do anything. However scoring direct on small outposts is hard, so I actually asked can a 120mm mortar or 105mm gun damage posts without causing direct hit? Answer is no. So that's why I said use ATGMs. MILAN ATGM can effectively be fired and it has more range than accurate Carl Gustav.
You have not read my earlier post right?
Anyway let me make things more clear. With any ATGM or RCL the maximum range you could acquire is 5km max. Whereas mortars are used effectively for 10+ kms. Do you think all the Paki posts are within 5km range of ours? The range is the very reason why we can't use even arty in direct fire mode.
Moreover if any 80mm mortar shell fired in conventional mode hits a bunker, it means huge devastation irrespective of its make or structure.

tharun

Patriot
Country flag
Those Hawkeye 105mm howitzers are less weight..can be used as direct fire towards pak posts

Butter Chicken

Country flag
Good suggestion still I may point out that those type warfare needs local support. Although PoK has lots of anti-Pakistan demonstration I doubt if they would support India. Though we can use that militia to use hit and run tactics in border.
Population of Gilgit-Baltistan - 1.8 million

There are many Shias here and might just stay on the fence.Bombarding Skardu Airbase and Karakoram highway will even things in favour of India.Land is very strategic as it can cut off link to China.

Population of "Azad" Kashmir = 4.6 million

India cant win over population here.Anyways this land is not worth much nor is it strategic.

India22

You have not read my earlier post right?
Anyway let me make things more clear. With any ATGM or RCL the maximum range you could acquire is 5km max. Whereas mortars are used effectively for 10+ kms. Do you think all the Paki posts are within 5km range of ours? The range is the very reason why we can't use even arty in direct fire mode.
Moreover if any 80mm mortar shell fired in conventional mode hits a bunker, it means huge devastation irrespective of its make or structure.
Please tell which mortar has 10km+ range. There are lots of Paki posts just on their side of border. We dont have to hit their posts far beyond LoC. Hitting the posts which are just on the other side of LoC and within eye range will do more damage, as often they provide covering fire for terrorists. That's why I say we should use ATGMs and hit their posts within visual range.

Chinmoy

Country flag
Please tell which mortar has 10km+ range. There are lots of Paki posts just on their side of border. We dont have to hit their posts far beyond LoC. Hitting the posts which are just on the other side of LoC and within eye range will do more damage, as often they provide covering fire for terrorists. That's why I say we should use ATGMs and hit their posts within visual range.
First of all any 80mm mortar does have a decent 5+ km range. 120mm mortars could be fired upto 7+km easily. These two are mostly used around LOC along with RCL in some cases.
Do you think we are not targeting all of their posts within our range? All those Paki casualties last week did happened in these posts itself.

India22

First of all any 80mm mortar does have a decent 5+ km range. 120mm mortars could be fired upto 7+km easily. These two are mostly used around LOC along with RCL in some cases.
Do you think we are not targeting all of their posts within our range? All those Paki casualties last week did happened in these posts itself.
We are inflicting. I was just supposing hitting their posts within visual range by ATGMs will be more effective and cost effective.

hammer head

Country flag
@hammer head brother your video has gone viral,over 1.5 lakh views!
Thanks a lot buddy. I want more and more porkis to witness their army's flat lies..
A lot of discussion was going on how we should retaliate, Gentlemen their will be a RETALIATION have faith, things like this will not go unpunished but it will be done again at a place and time of our choosing. I am surprised how we loose faith in our system so quickly?? Knowing what we have done in the last 3 months to them i have faith / purna vishwaash that they will pay.

India22

Another thing is we do remember that Pakistanis warned us of surgical strike from their side. I think they send terrorists to Nagrota for this purpose. Pakistani commandos will not conduct but their terrorist forces will do. Also terrorist forces are just cannon fodder for Pak army. So hitting Pak border posts will hit Pakistan harder than hitting terrorist camps.

Righteous Warrior

Country flag
Bhailog let's leave what can be or should be done.

Does anyone have any info or hint if IA is going to avenge this attack.

Articles