2016 India–Pakistan military confrontation

Chinmoy

Country flag
2 days back Parrikar talked about gouging paki eyes. In a pre Modi government era that statement would have been made into a 1 week prime time debate, but now people do not give a fuck.
In pre Modi government people would have talked weeks about it because they knew that we are not going to do that or atleast our politicians would not dare do such a thing. But now we already did it once. Now talk would be whether we would do it or not.
Moreover he too mentioned that govt had given a free hand to army against anything this time. So point of discussion this time would be what Army is doing rather then what a politician has said. Haven't we ourself talked about our politicians recently when some of them has asked for proof of surgical strike. Discussion is always there, just the flow and stream of it has been changed.

Chinmoy

Country flag
Actually yes. When my father was in service back in 80 and also in 90s and early 2000

In 1981 14 Pak troops were killed by cross border strike because they killed one of our Capt and prevent our troops to recover his bodies which was rotten in open.

Paki lost heavily in siachen including one helicopter shot down killing Brigadier Naved Anwari.

In early 2000 entire Neelam valley was pulverized and paki declared unilateral cease fire after humiliation. Off course they called it due to Ramadan.

We killed their civilian in cold blood by cross border raids. This is well documented in Int media.

======================

Kindly don't overestimate the fake bravados of politicians. We have seen enough of 1 ke badle 10 sir.
I agree on what our soldiers had done and I have heard many more of such things personally. Neither I am overestimating the politicians bravado. I am only saying is, did you heard of such retaliation before in media? Have you read about pak civilian casualty or any such cross border ops taking place immediately in past?
There is a clear steer around in govt policy this time. Its not like keeping things hush this time around. You just don't win a war militarily. After each and every military action, you need a strong govt to back you up and own responsibility. Compare the same with Pak govt. They don't even own there dead soldiers.

Poseidon

Country flag
Nagrota attackers had local support, they infiltrated a week back and were staying in some ones house.
They recced the camp two days back.
Their police uniforms were recently stitched in Jammu.

mavles ihctep

Nagrota attackers had local support, they infiltrated a week back and were staying in some ones house.
They recced the camp two days back.
Their police uniforms were recently stitched in Jammu.
Should capture these dogs immediately

Chinmoy

Country flag
There are project to cover the base with security camera and electric fence but in many cases they have fake army ID and uniform.

Urban warfare and building entering tactics are very difficult to perfect and can be mastered only by the best.In this case where the terrorist were cornered and we had time on so it was decided to let SF because the have the required skill
This time they used Police uniform and entered disguised as policemen.

mavles ihctep

ANI
@ANI_news
21m
Since surgical strikes, more than 15 Pak rangers killed and more than 10 militants neutralised,many Pak border outposts destroyed: BSF DG

Chinmoy

Country flag
Economics and War are two different things, if we were to held our hopes for those aholes to decay on there own than we are done, sometimes things are quite simple and effective by force too. The cold war policies don't work here I am afraid, those were very different times than these. Today threats are highly dynamic and unconventional which we are witnessing right now, and to counter such, sometimes military might is needed.
You have not read what I have written. I only said that we might not go against any HV civilian target. And no where I said that we should not take military action. On contrary I said that we should keep engaging them on both East and West front. Along with subversive activity inside their soil.

A simple war would obviously bring you victory, but again Jaheel like these would get billions in name of nation buildup and instead of that would use it to attack you all over again. You see, its a basic human psychology to come together against any external blow. In case of India, there is always so much discontent in some parts of the country for one thing or other, but each and every time some thing like URI or NAGROTA this time, takes place, we all start demanding elimination of Pakiland. Things are same across border too.

Spread so much discontent among themselves and break them so much from within that this time when we go for a full blown blow, our dream of independent Sindh, Balochistan, Punjab and assimilation of POK into one Indian Kashmir could be relived. Other then this it would be just taking care of our ego and nothing else.

India22

India should divert 10% of its defence budget to fund terrorising Pakistan. I am sure 7 billion dollars in hands of Baloch fighters or others will bleed Pakistan. It will be 3-4 times effective than spending the same for Indian defence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There is a problem with that. Iran and Afghanistan dont want Balochistan to be separate. Pak Government is also trying to settle Afghan refugees in Balochistan changing demographics of Balochistan. Iran has their own Balochistan problem. We need to hit their border posts and strengthen Afghan army.

cruise_1982

Country flag
There is a problem with that. Iran and Afghanistan dont want Balochistan to be separate. Pak Government is also trying to settle Afghan refugees in Balochistan changing demographics of Balochistan. Iran has their own Balochistan problem. We need to hit their border posts and strengthen Afghan army.
Whatever makes them bleed and weaker.

Anikastha

DEEP STATE
Country flag
Our soldiers need better training.
And our civilian leadership needs something called brain and pair of balls .
Nowadays I am loosing interest in defence.
Damn.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00LD using Tapatalk

India22

Our soldiers need better training.
And our civilian leadership needs something called brain and pair of balls .
Nowadays I am loosing interest in defence.
Damn.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00LD using Tapatalk
Very true even Modi government as I hoped is not that strong. Certainly not like Putin. Also Indian army's field treatment system should be upgraded asap. When we have direct evidence that Pakistanis are behind terrorists then we cant open fire? Also our strategy in border does not work. We use a lot of motars and 105mm guns, these guns are best in taking out enemy caught in open, but not against stone covered border posts. Instead of this we should bring back 106mm Recoilless rifle and hit their posts using MILAN 2T. It is better to score a direct hit than randomly firing hundreds of mortar and 105mm rounds.

I am still waiting for the day when Indian troops will open unprovoked firing.

Butter Chicken

Country flag
India should divert 10% of its defence budget to fund terrorising Pakistan. I am sure 7 billion dollars in hands of Baloch fighters or others will bleed Pakistan. It will be 3-4 times effective than spending the same for Indian defence.

Yes,open Ordinance factory in Afghanistan.Will help both Afghans and Baloch

Butter Chicken

Country flag
And then Talibans will gain its control. ANA is not that reliable. Lots of ANA soldiers defected to Taliban. We have to tread carefully.
Yes of course.I think in that case India will have to station its own security.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles