2016 India–Pakistan military confrontation

TheSeeker

these guys have big local support, reconcile with that fact first, before shouting out your ass
you have already fell on the your master trap anyway? no use of explaining to you. i do not portend to be fake, neither I'am fearful of being called an anti-national, anti-army, anti-parrikar, anti-modi, anti-rajnath etc etc( add some as you like). in the mean time notch up you nationalistic credentials little more by going to the LOC and take them head on yourself. and also do not forget to take your marching orders before you start this courageous task.

So you are reporting fron LOC ? Is it?

Many member remembers your stupid continuous trolling before the surgical strike . you ran with your tail in between your legs . And you are back again

You think you know more than IA how to handle this?

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag
I get a feeling nothing major will happen tomorrow. There may be artillary level retaliation in couple of days if pakis break cease fire again tomorrow. I will be very happy to be proven wrong. But looks like something big is already planned to happen in next 1 year. Our one cut will be equal to 10000 Cuts.
I have a feeling you are right. I feel that these small scale artillery attacks are there to lull the Pakistanis into complacence and think that India has done what it wanted while the real retaliation is planned.

Righteous Warrior

Country flag
No one is ready for war. Currently every one is busy in bank. To take back POK you need consensus and suitable condition inside your home. Under this demonetisation it is not possible for next 1 year to do anything.

It will take decades to reach to Skardu. Forget whole POK.
Sorry but I beg to differ.
No one is ready for war. Currently every one is busy in bank. To take back POK you need consensus and suitable condition inside your home. Under this demonetisation it is not possible for next 1 year to do anything.

It will take decades to reach to Skardu. Forget whole POK.
Sorry but I beg to differ. With demonitization we have low inflation, Govt coffers are full, fake currency out of circulation. What better time than this, economically to initiate action against Pak.

With low inflation if war comes and with it high Govt expenses will result in only higher employment.

Yes the China factor, ammunition availability etc etc surely needs to be taken care of.

Righteous Warrior

Country flag
Though I never studied warfare but marketing is a lot inspired by warfare strategies. That said, classically an opponent indulges in gorilla tactics when it knows it cannot go for a frontal attack since it lacks the strength to do so. They pigs too are doing the same since ages.
Now we need to honestly ask ourselves, is their assessment of us correct? If yes, then again classically any gorilla attack should be met with a frontal attack by the bigger force to call the bluff of the enemy.
If their assessment is wrong, then we can employ an array of strategies to take the war to their homeland like covertly targeting the CPEC. When wet target CPEC along with increased military cooperation with SCS nations like Vietnam, Japan etc that may send the message to PRC that unless you reign in Pak tightly their energy supplies can be impacted at the straights of mellacca as well as through CPEC.
However we should be ready to take two things in our stride Risk and Cost. Peace would be costly no doubt but not bearing that Risk is more costly.

mavles ihctep

Direct war will bring lot of casualties on indian side as well. This wil also unite pakis and their various jighadists groups. Our response should be increasing our counter terrorisam operation in valley.also proxy war should be replied by proxy war.
Yes we can't chest thumb or modi can't use this strategy to paucify his supporters. But it's the very effective strategy and wil be far more effective than surgical strike or direct war.
I think manmohan government done this strategy without much noise. Now our paki strategy looks like reactive rather than any defined objective

Last edited:

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
With low inflation if war comes and with it high Govt expenses will result in only higher employment.

Yes the China factor, ammunition availability etc etc surely needs to be taken care of.
The maximum would be cross border firings and nothing else. They may escalate at times.

The fact is. After the encounter of Burhan wani pak army got panicked. Because this is something they have not expected. He was a major leader and their very very important asset. Why, well in coming decades he could have been the successor of Gilani and a young youth icon too, and may be in later stage he would have surrendered like yasin malik and had come into politics. But their plans failed.

Whatever is now happening is because Pakistan knows, India's policy has changed. No more toleration of such terrorism. And Pakistan fears that India may go offensive due to cpec this is why to keep a balance they have increased the momentum.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
The maximum would be cross border firings and nothing else. They may escalate at times.

Whatever is now happening is because Pakistan knows, India's policy has changed. No more toleration of such terrorism. And Pakistan fears that India may go offensive due to cpec this is why to keep a balance they have increased the momentum.
Yup, I would buy this argument.

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag

The fact is. After the encounter of Burhan wani pak army got panicked. Because this is something they have not expected. He was a major leader and their very very important asset. Why, well in coming decades he could have been the successor of Gilani and a young youth icon too, and may be in later stage he would have surrendered like yasin malik and had come into politics. But their plans failed.

I'd agree with you if two majors were not killed. This is a major embarrassment for the Army if not avenged publicly, even Rajnath Singh has declared that we will send a retaliatory message to Pakistan by making them lose more than we have.

India22

You are simultaneously underestimating our forces while attributing capabilities to Pakis they don't possess at all places all the times.
For some places sure. But with a time and place of our choosing, they can't.
If we are to execute a surgical strike we have to be now cautious and need a careful planning. Instead of this, concentrate Artillery and Pinaka and blow up a few of their posts. Whether it is Pakistani army or terrorists, to us they are all same.

mavles ihctep

I'd agree with you if two majors were not killed. This is a major embarrassment for the Army if not avenged publicly, even Rajnath Singh has declared that we will send a retaliatory message to Pakistan by making them lose more than we have.
This is a foolish strategy,this wil only help BJP and their motar mouth ministers to chest thumb.

Righteous Warrior

Country flag
Agree. They need to be shocked and numbed by our response for a long long time.
We need to decide on the width of the corridor on their side of the border where they cannot maintain any posts, any presence at all. To achieve this do whatever is required. Saturated bombing of these areas either through artillery or by Arial bombing.
If Bakis think they can stop us by escalating, let's give them a bloody bloody nose.

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
For that you have to escalate. Which I already mentioned.

India's failure is to penetrate into Lashkar divide it or create a rift between LeT and PA. If India succeeds doing this 90% of India's border will be secure.

scatterStorm

Country flag
You are right, since we have demonetized the money and flushed off all the back channels through which militants had access to our money now is a good time to "shock and awe", it should impact there economy. **SCS** is good tool for us to put constraints on there energy supplies, but what about the Brahmaputra and the Indus card! We can also do it, I know it's not humanitarian for us but let's see how they react. Also about the chinkies, yes they are a problem, Gwadar port is about to generate revenue there, and rumors floating in about Ruskies secretly tying up with pakistan for strategic purposes for a backdoor to middle east. Shit's going haywire IMO.

Further Chinkies are very good at copying things, it won't be a surprise if they could print replica of our new notes.

IndianHawk

Country flag
Me barking and you quoting I should go over there, well about that, I tried my best in NDA exam, I failed 2 times, cried miserably while returning home, felt ashamed of myself, though that I am not a man, couldn't talk to anyone for 2 months, went into depression for the next 3 months that I couldn't make the cut, yeah I know it's sob story.
Not a sob story buddy.
It takes courage to try and to admit failure.
You are indeed a man:)

Filtercoffee

Country flag
Abh Pak ko koi nahi Bacha sakta. Brics ne take over kar Liya hai. Saleh garudon seh panga Liya hai, bhenoon dressed as Bhai Yoon ko ek boond bhi amrit nahi milega.

Filtercoffee

Country flag
I deleted that draft just because it was too personal for something to share, but oh well! I appreciate brother that somebody would understand, yeah it happened and yeah it was really tough time dealing with it.
When did you apply for NDA? And which stream were you keen on?

Global Defence

New threads

Articles