Indian Special Forces (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waanar

Country flag
Its Not denial it Logic and Facts

Without Logistics And Close Air support
US SOF is pretty much nightmare like any SOF

There Many Ops Were US SF's fucked up without Warhogs or Apache's on there tail against Taliban ragtag militia's

buffing Up Will makes you nightmare on high-altitude in valley

Give Para SF budget 50000-70000 $ Per Soldier ca-pita

Like I said It all about budgetary constraints And logistic support
Do Para SF has it When they raid Enemy posts ??? that has 5 times Ratio
Be realistic here

PARA SF don't have
SOCOM like logistics And Close air supports
They have AC-130,War hogs,Apache's
USSOCOM's FY2021 budget request is for $16.6 billion, and USSOCOM has requested a force structure of 67,092 military and 6,831 civilian personnel.

Do a Comparison
Urge you to read "One green breret" by Mark Giaconia.
It describes, in detail, the troops on the ground in Iraq *before* the troops on the ground in Iraq and how they did what they did.

I don't know, neither care for what USSF uses. All I know is "They win".
Do you think it matters if an enemy has been shot by 7.62 or 50 bmg if he dies of it?

Also, Paras have barely if ever gone deep beyond LOC until it was a full blown war. Guess what?
USSF regularly breach borders and are MEANT to do it, going by their role.
I agree that US spends pretty lavishly (read:recklessly) on them, but it doesn't matter. The level of sophistication at which they work, with crystal clear priorities and efficiency, is something we can only dream of having.

Criticism of USSF, when coming from someone whose own country doesn't even have a unified SOCOM and SOFs are lumped together with paratroopers is, (and no, I'm not being sarcastic or offensive) quite rich.

Knowitall

Do Para SF has it When they raid Enemy posts ??? that has 5 times Ratio
Be realistic here

PARA SF don't have
SOCOM like logistics And Close air supports
They have AC-130,War hogs,Apache's
USSOCOM's FY2021 budget request is for $16.6 billion, and USSOCOM has requested a force structure of 67,092 military and 6,831 civilian personnel.

Do a Comparison
You are talking complete nonsense here.

Yes para sf has good enough logistics when we do raids in Pakistan. We are right beside them we have a secure supply and logistics line of course our para sf have logistics.

I think you keep forgetting one thing pakistan is right beside us while Afghanistan is really far away from the US of course they need logistics.

Heck any special force of any kind of force deployed in foreign land needs logistics to survive.

Are you saying that we can deploy our special forces without any logistics what bullshit is this.

Be it France UK Russia all their sf have proper supply and logistics line and aircover it's like bread and butter.

You keep forgetting that pok and kashmir are a different ballgame than say Afghanistan or ME or africa.

How many times do you see terrorists here roll out with stingers RPG anti aircraft guns technicals mounted on trucks BMP's and in some cases even old tanks.

US forces don't use air cover everywhere they use it where it's necessary.

We don't use it because of our ROE and the fact that pok is right beside us we can have artillery support etc.

If say we do a cross border raid with say a sizeable force and now they are in deep trouble I'm pretty sure we will use airpower ourselves.

Of course taliban has fucked US countless times dude Afghanistan is very different from kashmir you will see even worser results if we deploy our SF there its a fact.

In places like say helmland you can't even tell if a civilian is against you.
They don't have a extensive network of ground intelligence like we do we can send crpf local police talk to the villagers cordon etc because kashmir is ours we can shut the net cellphone towers etc and hinder their communication etc.

You think we can do all this in Afghanistan cmon man this is bullshit.

Last edited:

WARREN SS

Country flag
What are you trying to say ? That we should demean US SOF just because they have access to better resources ?

If resources/support/tech/logistics are so evil then why don't we take away even the Tavors from our SF, just send them to war empty handed...perhaps naked bcuz you seem to believe that they're superhumans who don't require any of this evil logistics
I am Just comparing the Availability of Resources And Comparison BTW indian SOF and UK

How can any force Fight With A-10 & Apache's Close air support

WARREN SS

Country flag
Urge you to read "One green breret" by Mark Giaconia.
It describes, in detail, the troops on the ground in Iraq *before* the troops on the ground in Iraq and how they did what they did.

I don't know, neither care for what USSF uses. All I know is "They win".
Do you think it matters if an enemy has been shot by 7.62 or 50 bmg if he dies of it?

Also, Paras have barely if ever gone deep beyond LOC until it was a full blown war. Guess what?
USSF regularly breach borders and are MEANT to do it, going by their role.
I agree that US spends pretty lavishly (read:recklessly) on them, but it doesn't matter. The level of sophistication at which they work, with crystal clear priorities and efficiency, is something we can only dream of having
LOL US SF breach the Borders Of Syria And IRAQ :hmm::hmm:

Even PARA SF Breaches border Of Myanmar daily

Tell they them Try it With Chinese And Russians :megusta:Who actually have equal Resources if not better :nono::nono:

Pakistan army is Regular And Professionally trained army

Assassin 2.0

Country flag
Why people here think that it's only the American forces which work in Afghanistan?afghan army strength 180,000 troops; 1,000 officers of general rank
They have thousands of troops in Afghan military which provide ground intel provide statistical Data were to do pin point airstrike
Have bullet proof tanks and gunships to silent whole towns and have dropped few mother of all bombs.
But still today taliban is bringing them for talks.
Indian special forces in kashmir fight a asymmetrical warfare daily if we had allowance to role tanks and aircraft then who knows POK can be also occupied leave wiping kashmir :biggrin2:

WARREN SS

Country flag
Ofcourse taliban has fucked US countless times dude Afghanistan is very different from kashmir you will see even worser results if we deploy our SF there its a fact.
Heck any special force or any kind of force deployed in foreign land need logistics to survive.

Are you saying that we can deploy our special forces without any logistics what bullshit is this.

Be it France UK Russia all their sf have proper supply and logistics line it's like bread and butter.
you are not getting my point

Compare the Operational cost BTW

US SOCOM SF soldier And PARA SF operator Man to man

PARA SF don't have Air assets like A-10,Apache's And AC-130

Knowitall

you are not getting my point

Compare the Operational cost BTW

US SOCOM SF soldier And PARA SF operator Man to man

Because I'm sure if we had the money or air assets and the ROE to use them we would have too.

Assassin 2.0

Country flag
Because I'm sure if we had the money or air assets and the ROE to use them we would have to.
Why we didn't did that in 1999 war?
When special forces were tasked to climb on painful peaks without any air support under the heavy enemy LMG Fire one wrong step means headshot.
The answer is simple india doesn't want to use apache or Sukhoi to wipe out naxals which will eventually cause more damage to our infrastructure and same case in kashmir we don't want to bomb the shit out of our own people in the name of air support USA is able to this stuff in foreign lands because it's not their own stuff.

Knowitall

Why people here think that it's only the American forces which work in Afghanistan?afghan army strength 180,000 troops; 1,000 officers of general rank
They have thousands of troops in Afghan military which provide ground intel provide statistical Data were to do pin point airstrike
Have bullet proof tanks and gunships to silent whole towns and have dropped few mother of all bombs.
But still today taliban is bringing them for talks.
Indian special forces in kashmir fight a asymmetrical warfare daily if we had allowance to role tanks and aircraft then who knows POK can be also occupied leave wiping kashmir :biggrin2:
The only thing i disagree here is that no we dont fight an asymmetrical battle not even close.

We have all the troops from crpf and police force to the army to deploy if we need to with in most of the cases we can cordon them off eaisly.

WARREN SS

Country flag
When special forces were tasked to climb on painful peaks without any air support under the heavy enemy LMG Fire one wrong step means headshot.
The answer is simple india doesn't want to use apache or Sukhoi to wipe out naxals which will eventually cause more damage to our infrastructure and same case in kashmir we don't want to bomb the shit out of our own people in the name of support USA is able to this stuff in foreign lands because it's not their own stuff.
Have u Read About Tololing I Mean Which Army in the World Will go on suicide mission Without NVG's and CA Support
on high altitude War fare at Average Height of 5000 Meters at Night
Iam not being Nationalistic Here but rationally on operational point of view it was Suicide

Last edited:

Assassin 2.0

Country flag
The only thing i disagree here is that no we dont fight an asymmetrical battle not even close.

We have all the troops from crpf and police force to the army to deploy if we need to with in most of the cases we can cordon them off eaisly.
And what about those jihadis which are also in numerous there? What about Pakistani army which is launching Tons of artillery shells to give cover to them what about thousands of people which come on street to do stone pelting.
If you think that there are only 10-20 jihadis in kashmir then you are wrong. If we have police and CRPF then they have there own local network.
Most common OPS in kashmir is house invasion and mountain warfare which is asymmetrical

WARREN SS

Country flag

Who do you think Lay An ambush in jungles Of Sopore And Handwara for Infiltrators

samsaptaka

तस्मात् उत्तिष्ठ कौन्तेय युद्धाय कृतनिष्चय
Country flag
Bruh...that is the whole point ! They SHOULD have such assets and better equipment else be prepared for more casualties. We're not comparing them with other SF, we are pointing out what is sorely lacking in our SF and which will make them a better force. I think you are thinking too emotionally dude.

Knowitall

The answer is simple india doesn't want to use apache or Sukhoi to wipe out naxals which will eventually cause more damage to our infrastructure and same case in kashmir we don't want to bomb the shit out of our own people in the name of air support USA is able to this stuff in foreign lands because it's not their own stuff.

One word ROE we didn't use air support even against china while we were losing our troops because we didn't want them to use their airforce either.

We don't use this stuff in kashmir because its a part of country and extremely bad for PR that's why.

And not only US if it comes to foreign lands even we are ready to bomb the shit out biggest example pakistan.

WARREN SS

Country flag
Bruh...that is the whole point ! They SHOULD have such assets and better equipment else be prepared for more casualties. We're not comparing them with other SF, we are pointing out what is sorely lacking in our SF and which will make them a better force. I think you are thinking too emotionally dude.
We Don't Have that because We can't afford It Not in Next 2 Decade's

An Army of 1.3 million With 23 billion $ in hand Including large Pension bill

Without cutting it in half

WARREN SS

Country flag
One word ROE we didn't use air support even against china while we were losing our troops because we didn't want them to use their airforce either.

We don't use this stuff in kashmir because its a part of country and extremely bad for PR that's why.

And not only US if it comes to foreign lands even we are ready to bomb the shit out biggest example pakistan.
Taliban is not Pakistan

Pakistan's are Professionally trained Soldiers With better Equipment in some case better than even us

Knowitall

And what about those jihadis which are also in numerous there? What about Pakistani army which is launching Tons of artillery shells to give cover to them what about thousands of people which come on street to do stone pelting.
If you think that there are only 10-20 jihadis in kashmir then you are wrong. If we have police and CRPF then they have there own local network.
Most common OPS in kashmir is house invasion and mountain warfare which is asymmetrical
Loc is heavily guarded we can give a tit for tat or devastating response.

Their artillery fire is limited to only getting them in.

You can't compare stonepelters with civilians wearing sucide vests heavy weaponry like rog or grenade launchers.

Stone Peters we can block them shoot 1 or 2 they will run away unlike say afghanistan where one can expect taliban to come with 100-200 armed terrorists.

samsaptaka

तस्मात् उत्तिष्ठ कौन्तेय युद्धाय कृतनिष्चय
Country flag

Really ?? But we can import 400 T-90s ? This is the age of asymmetrical warfare, not the nostalgic tank battles of WW2 era my friend.
We should cut down on such shit imports and instead invest more and more in SF.
If we can even half the number of T-90 or other such fancy imports we can easily upgrade our entire SF to the best standard. So this excuse of lack of funds does not fly.

ArgonPrime

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

Actually, it can be done very easily if the IA can be convinced to make do with just a hundred fewer T 90S MBTs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles