Indian Special Forces (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Immanuel

Country flag
We should not put down US SF because of our own inefficencies.

Everything about the modern warfare we have learnt from US and its operation.

We shouldnt forget we send officers to work in their institutes and study their tactics which are brought back and copied.

be it SF or airborne ops or using helis or anything they have been there.

regarding bravery..every nation has brave people.If we dont think so..we are the only ones who are not properly informed.

US pilots went on a 100% suicide mission to attack japan ..knowing that they wont ever return coz they wont have any fuel..who are we to think that only we are brave coz we did kargil.

But the discussion should not be turned away from the topic...the lean vs bulk physique totally turned the conversation on its head.

We are lean coz we have foot soldiers..they are buff coz they rely on helis and apc...its that simple.
Indian bravery goes back to WW1-WW2 (even before) silly of you to say we were only Brave since Kargil. The Nazis would have continued to reign supreme if wasn't for those pesky meddling 2.5 million Indians under British Indian Army.

As for US they are in all their right the most powerful force to reckon with and we can compare with them all day but to begin such a comparison we need to have atleast 2% of the defence production capacity, industry, consistent support of the Indian military from babudom. Till Obama heck both Repubs and Dems kept the military quite happy. Trump is restoring that after 8 years of steady decline.

I guess what I am saying is, while we can learn from tactics and other things all day, what we apply will depend on many factors (the fickle mindedness of our military leaders, babudom and a private industry which is always gambling and public industry that's slow and lethargic)

AbRaj

Country flag
SF battalions are Relatively small Indian battalions don't exceeds 600

Do you Know terrain On Which We carry Load or operate regularly
ask Caucasians Operate in valley

LOL Do you know causalities US forces Suffered in Tora bora Mountainous region

Have u seen Probation Of PARA SF :megusta:LOL Which army the World run 100 km Endurance

Ask any SF around the world To carry Out Night raid Like We did on tololing During Kargil war At Average height of 5000+ metres Without Night vision And Logistic support.There CO Wil resign first

We don't have luxury Of AC-130 ,Warhogs And Apaches Saving our Ass o_O
o_O

We Lag Behind on in Per ca-pita Soldier spending And Logistic support
I’vs seen a lot of forces operating of terrain equally if not tougher than ours. We simply overestimate ourselves.
Have a look to some of Scandinavian and soviet countries including Russia and the climate where they operate. Also mountains are not exclusive to India. Almost every country has mountains.
2 TBH I’m not, and I’m sure it would be on higher side. But then again we have habit of underestimating others achievements.

Firstly TotaBora is not in USA and US Forces were up against the hardcore muzzahideens and talibans with sophisticated weapons and training. They even had access to stingers , tanks, rockets and ballistic missiles. While Kashmiri terrorists are bunch of poorly organised and armed with AKs and hand grandees.
Comparing both are erroneous and absurd.
Heck I even put TTP above the Kashmiri fighters in every aspect. And it took only couple of years for PA and PAF to take back the areas under their control.
US Forces were thousand miles away from their home in an unknown terrain up against a well organised Taliban regime . So I don’t find anything comparable here.
I’m sure Paras run longer than what is norm in most of the Special Forces. Is it worth it? , i don’t know. What I know is Muscle mass is equality important to special forces and even infantry soldiers. It helps to carry weapons loads and overpowering the enemy.
Endurance is not the only requirement, training for which btw is norm in every country. It’s just that we don’t have adequate training infrastructure and neither the dietary discipline to maintain proper strength development.
No comments here. I find it very depressing that we are world largest Army and 4th largest economy and still we brag about a botched up operation to lift our morale.
NVDs and other mountaineering gadgets are part of military gears among forces operating in hilly terrain. We faced very High casualties precisely due to this lack of preparedness.They came better prepared than us
We underestimated them and paid heavy price for it.

But here We can spin it differently to look good.

Of course we don’t. Because we are busy buying useless stuff like idiots. We are the largest operators of Russian T90 and T72.
We are still buying them I don’t know for what purpose. It’s like army is planning for world war 3 . Equipping soldiers seems least of our concern. It never was. Even in 72 we fought Chinese’s carrying AKs with 303.
So how pathetic can it get.

AbRaj

Country flag
Did I say malnutrition?
Have you seen the body physique of a marathon runner opposed to a 100 m sprinter?
Put few pounds of weight on these marathon runners and ask them to run half the distance. You will know what I’m telling.
They prepare whole life for running few miles without any weight penalty and within predicted optimal environment.

Last edited:

AbRaj

Country flag
Indian bravery goes back to WW1-WW2 (even before) silly of you to say we were only Brave since Kargil. The Nazis would have continued to reign supreme if wasn't for those pesky meddling 2.5 million Indians under British Indian Army.

As for US they are in all their right the most powerful force to reckon with and we can compare with them all day but to begin such a comparison we need to have atleast 2% of the defence production capacity, industry, consistent support of the Indian military from babudom. Till Obama heck both Repubs and Dems kept the military quite happy. Trump is restoring that after 8 years of steady decline.

I guess what I am saying is, while we can learn from tactics and other things all day, what we apply will depend on many factors (the fickle mindedness of our military leaders, babudom and a private industry which is always gambling and public industry that's slow and lethargic)
So we liberated France , Poland and half a dozen other Europian countries and defeated Germany and Japan.
While India was occupied by the tiny Islands known as Britain?

AbRaj

Country flag
Had Heavy Body Being Parameter of Good warrior Skill Mongolians Wouldn't captured Almost 2/3 rd World
Gurkha's Still Considered one of the Most feared Race in war fighting

Gurkha people are very well built compared to some other parts like Bengali, Orissa and other southern India.

WARREN SS

Country flag
I’vs seen a lot of forces operating of terrain equally if not tougher than ours. We simply overestimate ourselves.
Have a look to some of Scandinavian and soviet countries including Russia and the climate where they operate. Also mountains are not exclusive to India. Almost every country has mountains.
2 TBH I’m not, and I’m sure it would be on higher side. But then again we have habit of underestimating others achievements.
Nope none them has Mountain Enough for Himalayas Don't you think We Don't have Trained them in HAWS
None of them has Martial races like we. Large Pool of People

We have Tibetans,Gurkha,Dogra,Kumoan , Ladakhi's Large pool of people Who Can Run on Mountains like there Home backyards

Do you even know Para trooping record of SFF(checkout)on High altitude
We are only force on planet Who deployed In most Gruesome terrain glacier
And has Has over 13 Mountainous Specialized Divisions

Please Mention Operations And War they fought any of those terrain

Firstly TotaBora is not in USA and US Forces were up against the hardcore muzzahideens and talibans with sophisticated weapons and training. They even had access to stingers , tanks, rockets and ballistic missiles. While Kashmiri terrorists are bunch of poorly organised and armed with AKs and hand grandees.
Comparing both are erroneous and absurd.
Heck I even put TTP above the Kashmiri fighters in every aspect. And it took only couple of years for PA and PAF to take back the areas under their control.
US Forces were thousand miles away from their home in an unknown terrain up against a well organised Taliban regime . So I don’t find anything comparable here.
Taliban's sophisticated weapons :megusta:

Pakistani's are Professional Trained Army With Armour ed core .Air defense , And Artillery corps
they Pretty Much Kicked Ass of All Taliban's And TTP militia's in FATA And Swat And Tribal areas
Operation Zarb -e azab With Effectively Better than US in Afghanistan. (credit to our Enemy )
Although We same race

ISI rained terror in hearts of Taliban's

I’m sure Paras run longer than what is norm in most of the Special Forces. Is it worth it? , i don’t know. What I know is Muscle mass is equality important to special forces and even infantry soldiers. It helps to carry weapons loads and overpowering the enemy.
Endurance is not the only requirement, training for which btw is norm in every country. It’s just that we don’t have adequate training infrastructure and neither the dietary discipline to maintain proper strength development.
Not on High attitude warfare Were 60 % of are army deployed operationally

Kindly checkout Probation of Para SF And Specially 100 Km endurance run phase

No comments here. I find it very depressing that we are world largest Army and 4th largest economy and still we brag about a botched up operation to lift our morale.
NVDs and other mountaineering gadgets are part of military gears among forces operating in hilly terrain. We faced very High casualties precisely due to this lack of preparedness.They came better prepared than us
Situation same for US Soldiers In Afghanistan war.Afghanistan is in same state When they invaded it in 2001

Nevertheless We Employ 1.3 million army With 23 billion $ Its Nightmare

Of course we don’t. Because we are busy buying useless stuff like idiots. We are the largest operators of Russian T90 and T72.
We are still buying them I don’t know for what purpose. It’s like army is planning for world war 3 . Equipping soldiers seems least of our concern. It never was. Even in 72 we fought Chinese’s carrying AKs with 303.
So how pathetic can it get.
Why Chinese Deploying MBT's And Artillery ,MBRL

Simple logic is
Because As Powerful Are.We Humans have Fragile bodies An simple 4 Kg RDX Can Blow our bodies Into pieces (Pulwama Example)

A Single 155mm artillary shell Can Shake your Condidence In war When it explode near you Its Physiological Effect Will Enough To give you PSTD

Last edited:

WARREN SS

Country flag
So we liberated France , Poland and half a dozen other Europian countries and defeated Germany and Japan.
While India was occupied by the tiny Islands known as Britain?
Another Absurd Logic
Chinese Were Annihilated by Imperial japan in WW2 Do you Know about Nanjing massacare ???

WARREN SS

Country flag
Gurkha people are very well built compared to some other parts like Bengali, Orissa and other southern India.
LOL Are u Nuts Mallu's are Stronger Than Many North indians ethnicity o_Oo_Oo_O

Have Been In in brawl With Telegu And Tamlian :shock::shock:Its Fucking Nightmare

AbRaj

Country flag
Nope none them has Mountain Enough for Himalayas Don't you think We Don't have Trained them in HAWS
None of them has Martial races this Large Pool of People

We have Tibetans,Gurkha,Dogra,Kumoan , Ladakhi's Large pool of people Who Can Run on Mountains like there Home backyards

Do you even know Para trooping record SFF(checkout)on High altitude
We are only force on planet Who deployed In most Gruesome terrain glacier
And has Has over 13 Mountainous Specialized regiments

Please Mention Operations And War they fought any those terrain

Taliban's sophisticated weapons :megusta:

Pakistani's are Professional Trained Army With Armour ed core .Air defense , And Artillery corps
they Pretty Much Kicked Ass of All Taliban's And TTP militia's in FATA And Swat And Tribal areas
Trin Op Zarbe azab With Effectively Better than US (credit to our Enemy )

ISI rained terror in hearts of Taliban's

Not on High attitude warfare Were 60 % of are army deployed operationally

Kindly checkout Probation of Para SF And Specially 100 Km endurance run phase

Situation same for US Soldiers In Afghanistan war.Afghanistan is in same state When they invaded in Iraq

Nevertheless We Employ 1.3 million army With 23 billion $ Its Nightmare

Why Chinese Deploying MBT's And Artillery ,MBRL

Simple logic is
Because As Powerful Are.We Humans have Fragile bodies An simple 4 Kg RDX Can Blow our bodies Into pieces (Pulwama Example)

A Single 155mm artillary shell Can Shake your Condidence In war When it explode near you Its Physiological Effect Will Enough To give you PSTD
Bro, you seem to be very biased in favour of Indian Army. Try to be rational and you will see that Kashmir/Kargil are officially part of India while Torabora is in Afghanistan ruled at that time by Talibs.
It’s highly outrageous comparison.
Martial race theory was a British creation to divide and rule India.
Every nation state has some kind of fighting races. Europeans were always at war with each other.

You just proved what I said earlier that a professionally trained army can easily overpower poorly organised militia.
We doing it in Kashmir and Kargil is no different.

My point is that we are effectively masking our lack of proper diet and exercise regime in the name of Lean and Mean and Endurance.

All we have done to this date was flighting few war at the border areas without any conclusive victory (except maybe 72) and insurgents within our borders.
Comparing USA which is fighting nonstop and invading dozens of countries is foolish.
We should accept and learn from the practices better than ours.

AbRaj

Country flag
LOL Are u Nuts Mallu's are Stronger Than Many North indians ethnicity o_Oo_Oo_O

Have Been In in brawl With Telegu And Tamlian :shock::shock:Its Fucking Nightmare
Majority are not. Also they suffer more from GI problems. All due to their dietary habits.
Too much carbs and spices.

WARREN SS

Country flag
Bro, you seem to be very biased in favour of Indian Army. Try to be rational and you will see that Kashmir/Kargil are officially part of India while Torabora is in Afghanistan ruled at that time by Talibs.
It’s highly outrageous comparison.
Martial race theory was a British creation to divide and rule India.
Every nation state has some kind of fighting races. Europeans were always at war with each other.
They Genetics Gurkha's has Better Genetics in Mountainous terrain
its Science
You just proved what I said earlier that a professionally trained army can easily overpower poorly organised militia.
We doing it in Kashmir and Kargil is no different.
Kashmir Is international Dispute
We Cannot Use anything there Unless Pakistan's invade us
My point is that we are effectively masking our lack of proper diet and exercise regime in the name of Lean and Mean and Endurance.
India army soldier get Pretty Much what US Soldiers eats
???
We have CSD facilities Which they don't have :facepalm::facepalm:
All we have done to this date was flighting few war at the border areas without any conclusive victory (except maybe 72) and insurgents within our borders.
Comparing USA which is fighting nonstop and invading dozens of countries is foolish.
We should accept and learn from the practices better than ours.
USA Has 700 Billion $ military Budget With highest per capita spending
give us even half of that then talk

Last edited:

AbRaj

Country flag
They Genetics Gurkha's has Better Genetics in Mountainous terrain
its Science

Kashmir Is international Dispute
We Cannot Use anything there Unless Pakistan's invade us

India army soldier get Pretty Much what US Soldiers eats
???
We have CSD facilities Which they don't have :facepalm::facepalm:

spending
1 Gurkhas are well built no doubt. But majority of Indians don’t.
2 Jammu and Kashmir (at least approx 3/5 of the original state) is part of India under the civil and military control of Republic of Bharat.
It’s not disputed.
3 I’ve see a lot of videos showing forces have to live with substandard food.

AbRaj

Country flag
Do you know Even Been to terrain open google earth you get it :troll:
So what’s next comparing Somalia with Uttar Pradesh :biggrin2:
Try to understand the point here. It’s fuckig our land. Unlike Torabora

Have you seen any other special forces regularly doing 2/3 days long CASo op anywhere in world?
It’s like langar out there

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Articles