Indian Special Forces (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
The top brass doesn’t dictate such trivial things. This comes out of SOPs

what blows my mind is that India has been fighting a conflict for all of its modern history and more specifically a hardcore insurgency since the mid 1980s and in that time has failed to develop sufficient tactics, standards or equipment levels. Any other country that was in a similar position to India would have responded by making units like RR, PARA SF etc world class by now.

Israel is a world leader in CT becuase it has vast experience in this problem and has had to come up with counters. How has India responded? Just absorbing the blows and moving on like nothing has changed

I honestly cannot grasp how a people can be as passive as this, every level of India has failed- boots on the ground, their immediate leaders and then civilians at the very top
You know what i think....

Do we have the IQ to invent things like Foregrips,picatinny rail,ballistic shields,pistol holsters

or even a pair of boots or uniform or not?

All we brag about is 50 years in CI/CT...so what..what did we invent?

Look at Israel..it faces the same problems and look what all they have invented.

Is making ballistic shields or pistol holsters rocket science?

They whole system is corrupted.

abingdonboy

Country flag
By the way, @COLDHEARTED AVIATOR @abingdonboy @rkhanna what do you think of the physical training standards of the Para SF and the regular army as well? I for one think they could insert some dedicated strength training in their regime but I would like to know your opinion on this as well.
Only really recently have indian units started to be interested in strength training and bulking up, before recently it was all cardio. You can see a similar trend in the West about 20 years ago, today their door kickers are tanks. You’re seeing a lot more of this from units like NSG, SPG and to an extent the mil SFs but I don’t think infantry units have got the memo yet

Para SF are on par with regular infantry of modern armies as per training,skill and equipment.
the average USMC grunt or british rifleman has a LOT better gear than anything in PARA (SF)‘s inventory today.

training/skill? It will be close but I’d wager Indian SFs don’t have the same level of competence in modern warfighting as the regulars from NATO nations. Drills will be sloppier and combat readiness lacking.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
Wait, that's not very encouraging, what about the regulars then??!! I thought the Para would be at least at the same level as the 75th Ranger Regiment as far as physical training standards are concerned.
Strength i dont know but in endurance and agility they would be very strong.

I was talking about skill, equipment and training.

abingdonboy

Country flag
Wait, that's not very encouraging, what about the regulars then??!! I thought the Para would be at least at the same level as the 75th Ranger Regiment as far as physical training standards are concerned.
75th Rangers? Not even close!

Firstly one has to understand that since the WOT era the 75th has emerged as THE direct action/raid force in the US military, almost all their time was spent kicking in doors during deployments and their training/equipment/physique reflect this today. Look at any Ranger post 2001, they are all JACKED and have an insane amount of expertise in urban assaulting.

India has no comparable unit and PARA SF don’t have the same skills even close and their physical standards are miles away from this.

abingdonboy

Country flag
i dont think the Army can afford giving chicken in every meal.I dont know now but earlier i think 2 days in a week was chicken and 2 days was eggs for soldiers.

Someone who has a relative in the Army can confirm whats the situation now.
I’m pretty sure, at least in SF btns, there is quite a lot of effort made to give the operators significant quantities of protein over and above what they get elsewhere

ArgonPrime

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
75th Rangers? Not even close!

Firstly one has to understand that since the WOT era the 75th has emerged as THE direct action/raid force in the US military, almost all their time was spent kicking in doors during deployments and their training/equipment/physique reflect this today. Look at any Ranger post 2001, they are all JACKED and have an insane amount of expertise in urban assaulting.

India has no comparable unit and PARA SF don’t have the same skills even close and their physical standards are miles away from this.
Of course, I know that and that's why I kept my comparison limited to the physical training standards only but I see your point.

WARREN SS

Country flag
i dont think the Army can afford giving chicken in every meal.I dont know now but earlier i think 2 days in a week was chicken and 2 days was eggs for soldiers.
Alcohol Subsidies Of Army in Millions

Nevertheless You don't need Non-veg To be buff. BCAA & Cretin Will Do its job

There Hardly 1200 Para SF And 7000 Ghatak operators Its Will hardly cost 5-10 million $

But I didn't Find a Point of getting buff

Last edited:

WARREN SS

Country flag
Only really recently have indian units started to be interested in strength training and bulking up, before recently it was all cardio. You can see a similar trend in the West about 20 years ago, today their door kickers are tanks. You’re seeing a lot more of this from units like NSG, SPG and to an extent the mil SFs but I don’t think infantry units have got the memo yet
Apart Of From Battle Gears And Per soldiers operational cost.
I didn't Find much Logic in getting Buffed.It Will Make u Potential Health hazard In the Kashmir valley
Specially on LARP's in Northern Kashmir

ArgonPrime

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

There Hardly 1200 Para SF And 7000 Ghatak operators Its Will hardly cost 5-10 million $

That's gotta be a typo because no way in hell there could only be 1200 Para SF operators at any given time!!

ALBY

Section Moderator
Country flag

Just1200 SF? There are atleast 10 SF units with 700-800 men in each.

MuzzleVelocity

I don't get the argument for jacked up bodies lol
I have worked with enough labourers and workers in India to know how brutally effective lean muscle is.
There are a lot of advantages that Western SF hold, I don't count as one of them.

AbRaj

Country flag
I don't get the argument for jacked up bodies lol
I have worked with enough labourers and workers in India to know how brutally effective lean muscle is.
There are a lot of advantages that Western SF hold, I don't count as one of them.
I love this argument. Bengladoshi too use it very often to justify the malnutrition as lean and mean. I mean WTH you want to look like Katreena and Deepika.

Muscle mass is proportional to the proper nutrition and diet. We Indians are too much into spicy Carbs. Our boys love to eat Idli/dosa and sambhar. Half of our population love to eat rice as staple diet. A large amount of them are strictly vegetarian. So there are lots of hurdles .

You will get what you eat and how much you exercise. Most of our Army camps don’t have optimum level of gym facilities.
Good amount of muscle mass is essential for carrying heavy load that modern soldiers carry (in western forces). Endurance is also important. Since our soldiers are not habituated to Carry heavy load, our forces don’t care much about muscle mass and gyms.

Last edited:

Snowcat

Country flag
Most of the para sf guys seem pretty athletic, getting jacked up is over rated and the more jacked up you are, you get tired much more easily.
Also you can't really compare indian body structure with western ones. First of all they are mostly taller and thicker boned as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articles