Can India do a Falklands war type campaign if PLAN takes over Andamans

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
WoW... you guys take everything so seriously. This is a Fleet Command sim only. Thinking out the next mission in my simulation was all. I played it and France won in the forced landing scenario running over the Eastern fleet. I even gave it 3X sqdr of MKI. The SSNs really made the difference, Indian ASW was ineffective to say the least.

ace009

Freakin' Fighter fan
NO - I like the way Armand thinks - Sims are important for pointing our non-obvious scenario responses. In my own line of work I have seen it happen a few times too. India does have deficiencies it's naval power and the IN would like to find it out. That is exactly why IN holds almost year round drills with foreign navies - imagine this - in the last 3 years IN has held 22 drills with foreign navies - would have been 23 if the Russians had not cancelled. I am sure IN is learning a lot and developing plans and strategies.
However, I ran Armands assessment (of French Navy being able to invade and hold AnN) by another (more) professional forum of defense experts. Their response was that the French Navy will be able to take over a few Islands in AnN, but could not hold them for more than a few weeks. India would be able to dislodge the French in about a month or so. The political ramifications for the invaders would be devastating though.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Right, where can I find such simulators?

arya

Country flag
what are the main advantage of France air force ??

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
It's modern, and backed up by NATO...
No no. He means apart from the NATO part. Combined with NATO, even Australia makes a deadly military. But I agree. French air force is strong and modern. It is capable, has a strong industrial know-how and is relatively battle-hardened compared to other European air forces.

I wonder why Germany has stopped being militarily assertive even though it is fully capable of being an independent superpower. So much so that it has to buy nuclear security from Allies despite being the modern NATO ally.

arya

Country flag
@ kunal you are the right person to ask

what are main advantage of france airforce against us and china

what will happen if both france and china will go in war

you can give more light on that

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
No no. He means apart from the NATO part. Combined with NATO, even Australia makes a deadly military. But I agree. French air force is strong and modern. It is capable, has a strong industrial know-how and is relatively battle-hardened compared to other European air forces.

I wonder why Germany has stopped being militarily assertive even though it is fully capable of being an independent superpower. So much so that it has to buy nuclear security from Allies despite being the modern NATO ally.
Germany is a castrated tiger, its a toothless lion and it should be grateful the Allies left it in one peace.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
@ kunal you are the right person to ask

what are main advantage of france airforce against us and china

what will happen if both france and china will go in war

you can give more light on that
Depends how many Sqadrons the can manned for the carrier..

Top notch Fighter, Spectra ECM, True fire and forget ASHM..

Depends where it will happen..

arya

Country flag
Depends how many Sqadrons the can manned for the carrier..

Top notch Fighter, Spectra ECM, True fire and forget ASHM..

Depends where it will happen..
just take any example if war happen between them then what are the main points in favor of france

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Nothing only national Pride..

At least Libya got oil ..

Illusive

Country flag
@kunal - any possibilities of getting PAK-FA/FGFA into this scenario since timeline is 2020

@Armand- does France has a 5gen fighter programme.

ace009

Freakin' Fighter fan

French airforce is small, but advanced and well maintained. They have ~300 combat aircraft, about 110 Rafales and the rest are Mirage 2000s of various configuration. French pilots are well trained and skilled.

Germany has stopped being assertive in the international arena since the 2nd WW. The fact that it cannot have nuclear weapons and must depend upon USA, UK and France for nuclear defence was both a part of the post WW2 treaty as well as a national recoil against Nazi violence.

ace009

Freakin' Fighter fan
Please don't tell me you used "Fleet Command" to model a conflict of 2020 - that is based upon 1990s force comparisons for nations - no wonder the French win. My guess is, if you use a 2020 enabled version of Fleet command, India will win.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles