Wuhan Coronavirus Thread

Is coronavirus a biological warfare agent released by China?

• yes

Votes: 175 89.3%
  • no

Votes: 21 10.7%

• Total voters

Kumata

Country flag
Even if fully vaccinated with covishield/covaxin, jury is out on its efficacy against delta plus that's already started to spread and will be the driver behind 3rd wave.

'Delta plus' variant evades vaccines? Experts flag major concerns

Delta Plus variant: Lancet data raises alarm over vaccine efficacy
Jury is still out for delta plus and is under testing. So any judgement in vaccine efficacy will be pre mature at this moment.

Rest, I won't trust lancet specially after they said Chinese virus is natural...!!!!

Lost user

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

State lockdown needs to be ordered ASAP and travel banned between maharashtra and other states.

Cases are once again rising there. Centre needs to be act fast before other states are also infected.
Maharashtra and Kerala are two states we're covid never really goes down...

here2where

Jury is still out for delta plus and is under testing. .....
some useful data i found but don't agree with the headline though...

What Delta-plus variant is and why India is not worried about it yet

"the Delta-plus variant has been found to exhibit the K417N mutation. According to The New York Times, the K417N, along with another mutation called K417T, is a mutation in the spike protein of the novel coronavirus .

The spikes on its surface, which give the coronavirus its names, also helps the virus to invade human cells.

Reports say that the "mutation appears on the tip of the coronavirus spike, and may help the virus bind more tightly to human cells"."

"Sharing preliminary details of the Delta-plus variant, researchers at CSIR-Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology (IGIB) said that it may be linked with abilities to better escape immune response, which means the virus can potentially dodge vaccines and antibody therapies. In fact, Vinod Scaria, a scientist with IGIB, said that there is also evidence of the Delta-plus variant's "resistance to monoclonal antibodies Casirivimab and Imdevimab". The reference is to the monoclonal antibody cocktail that was recently okayed for the treatment of milder cases of COVID-19 in India. "

johnq

Joe Rogan Brett Weinstein Pierre Kory Ivermectin Podcast mashup of highlights
Joe Rogan Brett Weinstein Kory Ivermectin Podcast Mashup of Highlights part 2

sorcerer

Country flag
Covid vaccine: ICMR study has good news for fully jabbed | India News - Times of India

While a significant proportion of laboratory-confirmed Covid-19 cases were fully vaccinated, over 83% of them showed symptoms and only 9.9% of the symptomatic breakthrough infections required hospitalisation, the study conducted by the Indian Council of Medical Research shows, offering evidence that vaccines protect against severe illness.

HitmanBlood

Country flag
Good news from Vaccine front, is Novavax approved? And what happened to that QUAD jumla of 1 Billion J&J Vaccines?
I think Novavax is still waiting for approval in India. Maybe this is export order or maybe they are stocking up for big relese when approval is given.

Regarding QUAD and J&J, Biden's America is not a trustworthy partner.

sorcerer

Country flag
IIT Delhi launches rapid covid diagnostic kit, priced at Rs50
Prashant K. Nanda

3-4 minutes

NEW DELHI: The Indian Institute of Technology in Delhi (IIT Delhi) on Friday launched a rapid diagnostic kit for conducting Covid-19 test at a price point of Rs50 apiece.

Authorities and researchers claimed that this will boost testing in rural India given its affordability, easy to use and effectiveness in temperature as high as 35 degree to 37 degree Celsius.

sorcerer

Country flag
3-yr-old becomes youngest to take Covaxin during clinical trial in Uttar Pradesh
Livemint

3 minutes

In a first, a 3-year-old girl in Kanpur has become the youngest volunteer to receive the Covid-19 vaccine during the clinical trials of the Bharat Biotech's Covaxin for children in Uttar Pradesh.

Overall five children were given the first dose of the Covid vaccine at Prakhar Hospital in Kanpur on Thursday, as per a report by Hindustan Times. One child was of a doctor, one of a bank manager, and three of businessmen.

India hopes to vaccinate 1 crore people/day by August
Neetu Chandra Sharma

3 minutes

NEW DELHI: Come August, India hopes to administer 1 crore jabs a day against covid-19, the government indicated on Friday.

Not only that, the country will soon have the world’s first DNA-plasmid vaccine by Zydus Cadilla, which has been Made in India, as per Narendra Kumar Arora, chairman of covid-19 Working Group of the National Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation (NTAGI).

Biological E, a protein sub-unit vaccine, should also be available soon.

"The trials of these vaccines have been quite encouraging. We are hopeful that this vaccine will be available by September. The Indian m-RNA vaccine which can be stored at temperature 2 - 8 degree Celsius should also be available by September," said Arora.

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag

Yo, when did modi officially declare covid was over?
Kumbh Mela and Bengal was only superspreader event in India?
Was Modi arrogant to do rallies, and if so why other political parties' rallies are not shown,
Also why emphasis on Hindus, muslims and Christians can do no wrong?
Also, dead bodies in Ganga, is there any truth to it?

Raaakisazih

Country flag

Was Modi arrogant to do rallies, and if so why other political parties' rallies are not shown,
Kunal earns by abusing modi he will do everything just to appease his masters

Tactical Doge

Country flag
Kunal earns by abusing modi he will do everything just to appease his masters
Did you watch the entire thing?
How factual is his criticism?
Can someone make few points on my questions below?

Raaakisazih

Country flag
Did you watch the entire thing?
How factual is his criticism?
Can someone make few points on my questions below?
Bro i didn't watch shit he clearly says we elected a clown i don't even know how someone else would have handled this pandemic with such a huge population his criticism is based on personal grudge against modi some of his supporters even wanted other so called democracies to interrupted in elections i don't even know what to say after this

Tactical Doge

Country flag
Bro i didn't watch shit he clearly says we elected a clown i don't even know how someone else would have handled this pandemic with such a huge population his criticism is based on personal grudge against modi some of his supporters even wanted other so called democracies to interrupted in elections i don't even know what to say after this
But I need the facts and figures to counter someone, and I haven't followed up in the matter

indus

Living in Post Truth
Country flag

I partly saw a vdo where Kunal Kachra was making fun of Ram mandir. Stopped watching then n there. Trying to find something worthy inside a pile of h1t is futile. If its sh1t, all of it is sh1t.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles