Wuhan Coronavirus Thread

Is coronavirus a biological warfare agent released by China?

• yes

Votes: 175 89.3%
  • no

Votes: 21 10.7%

• Total voters
Country flag

The coronavirus was designed as a biological weapon and released on purpose

sorcerer

Country flag
ASEAN distances from China's Covid vaccine diplomacy

China deliberately delayed divulging details of the genetic material of the coronavirus, that originated in Wuhan at the end of 2019, which had handicapped efforts of other countries to develop a vaccine to fight the pandemic.

Beijing has been looking for support to ward off international pressure for an independent investigation into the origins of the virus in China which would expose the dubious role that it played in concealing information that could have saved thousands of lives worldwide. With the US blaming both China and the WHO for not disclosing the true facts about the dreaded virus, China is keen to replace Washington in playing a bigger role at the international organisation.

Sentimental Patriot

Country flag
China says batshit virus might have originated in India .... :shock: :crazy:

Ignore, they have blamed all sorts of other countries for this, from America to Italy to Serbia.

Country flag

Leaked documents show China bluntly lied about Covid-19

Assassin 2.0

Country flag
BioNTech is making their stocks from India only right?
Nop i don't think BioNTech is making vaccines in india.
But covishield is also going to seek permission for emergency use let's see how does that go.
Hours after Prime Minister Narendra Modi visited Pune-based pharma company Serum Institute of India (SII) on Saturday (November 28), the company's CEO Adar Poonawalla said that his company will seek permission for emergency use authorization of 'Covishield' in the next two weeks.

SKC

Country flag
Nop i don't think BioNTech is making vaccines in india.
But covishield is also going to seek permission for emergency use let's see how does that go.
Hours after Prime Minister Narendra Modi visited Pune-based pharma company Serum Institute of India (SII) on Saturday (November 28), the company's CEO Adar Poonawalla said that his company will seek permission for emergency use authorization of 'Covishield' in the next two weeks.
I think i got confused with Bharat BioTech with BioNtech.
But oxford was working with SII. I think Covishield is based on Oxford's vaccine.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
Point to ponder. Do we Indians really need a vaccine?

On the face of it, you can't fault his logic! But the whole point of vaccinations is for the prevention/immunization of Covid. Harbajan's point is recovery after being infected. So yes, we do need the vaccine to prevent infection.
Gov should sterilize people like these.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spindrift

Point to ponder. Do we Indians really need a vaccine?

On the face of it, can't fault his logic! But the whole point of vaccinations is for the prevention/immunization of Covid. Harbajan's point is recovery after being infected. So yes, we do need the vaccine to prevent infection.
Yeah, we need that. One of my colleague who contracted the virus and mostly remained asymptomatic passed away 5 or 6 months after recovery due to a brain stroke. He was in his late thirties

Kumata

Country flag
do we have any data on reinfections post recovery..... I know of a b,lore lady who caught the bat virus again after recovering .... researchers have also ruled out herd immunity...if i remember correctly...

Okabe Rintarou

Country flag
do we have any data on reinfections post recovery..... I know of a b,lore lady who caught the bat virus again after recovering .... researchers have also ruled out herd immunity...if i remember correctly...
Maybe she has a compromised immune. From what I understand, immune system has memory cells (not sure but I think they're called B-cells?) that memorize the proper response to a particular infection so that they can activate the adaptive immune system to re-release the proper configuration of T-cells en-masse when a reinfection is about to occur, thereby enabling a swift end to any type of virus.bacteria that enters and tries to re-infect the body for a second time.
And I remember reading that Covid-19 memory cells do have a long life-span (more than 1 year). So if she was re-infected, it might be due to her immune system being especially weak.

This re-infection appears to be the exception, rather than the norm.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
Maybe she has a compromised immune. From what I understand, immune system has memory cells (not sure but I think they're called B-cells?) that memorize the proper response to a particular infection so that they can activate the adaptive immune system to re-release the proper configuration of T-cells en-masse when a reinfection is about to occur, thereby enabling a swift end to any type of virus.bacteria that enters and tries to re-infect the body for a second time.
And I remember reading that Covid-19 memory cells do have a long life-span (more than 1 year). So if she was re-infected, it might be due to her immune system being especially weak.

This re-infection appears to be the exception, rather than the norm.
Two to three mutated strains running wild.
Anti body for one strain might not be enough for the other.

Just my hypothesis.
Le gareeb scientist

SKC

Country flag
There is nothing unusual in this. around 20-23% of people do not form the covid antibodies or the level of antibodies is very low. These people can surely get infected again.

SKC

Country flag
Two to three mutated strains running wild.
Anti body for one strain might not be enough for the other.

Just my hypothesis.
Le gareeb scientist
Strains are not big deal. There are always strains of any virus around. Thats why RNA vaccine are being developed that will take care of entire virus family.
When HIV was first discovered, scientists were finding upto 50K mutations every week. These mutations does not make HIV into another virus, it broadly remains same.

Global Defence

Articles