United Kingdom is a third rate power

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scalieback

Professional
One reads a whole lot from British forums and western media of the pathetic state of India and they gloat over the same.

Now, here is just a tip of the iceberg of what ails a 'first rate' country and a 'power'.

I leave it to better judgement if that is the criterion to call oneself a 'first rate' country and a 'first rate' power and have the temerity to sneer and look down the nose on others!

And the report is not from a third world media source! :eek:

I am not doing down Britain. I am merely suggesting that one should not pretend to be 'classy' when the facts do not support that feigned 'class'.
Oh dear, I thought we were stopping all of this at Bushmills request. Are we back on? Should I mention India's hospitals?

Scalieback

Professional
Thats crap, the only power they have now is a seat in the UN security council. If not for that then they are in a huge downward spiral, with out the US then Britian alone means nothing. Their army and power projection is far smaller, they have 420 tanks as if that would mean anything now.
420 of what type of tank? One of, if not the best tank in the world? Please tell me how many Challenger 2's have been destroyed by enamy fire?

Also if you look at the language then almost 100% of the world uses Indian numerals, in a by gone age long before Britian the Indian ideas of philosophy, religion, math and science spread all across the world from Japan to Europe, one of the strongest reminiscent is the number system and buddhism but what does that got to do with India being a power now? India is not a huge power now, we dont even have a UN security council seat and everyone laughs at our poverty not knowing its pains.
Brits acknowledge where our language came from. Perhaps you'd be good enough to acknowledge which language you are speaking and why?

Scalieback

Professional
^^

Quite obvious.

It was always in my mind that the order was: USA, Russia, PRC, India. I wasn't sure about 5th spot.
If India is such a global power, why are they backing away from China? Giving up land?

Scalieback

Professional
Geopolitical equations are changing faster than you can imagine. Current organization of UN represents the world order just after the World War 2, nothing more.
It does, so how much force projection does India have? When has it been tested and used?

I've got no problem with whatever is said about India's mighty military supremacy. Britain isn't where it was sixty odd years ago but it still punches with the big boys.

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
Also if you look at the language then almost 100% of the world uses Indian numerals, in a by gone age long before Britian the Indian ideas of philosophy, religion, math and science spread all across the world from Japan to Europe, one of the strongest reminiscent is the number system and buddhism but what does that got to do with India being a power now? India is not a huge power now, we dont even have a UN security council seat and everyone laughs at our poverty not knowing its pains.
Soft power is overrated. Pakistanis (or our Jholawalas) who participate in "Death to America" rallies, would be enjoying Coca Cola, Mcdonalds, Led Zeppelin etc

Oracle

Pakis adopt an Indian identity in US for job prospects, Bangladeshis use Indian names for their retaurants in UK, I'd not be surprised if many of those posters are Pakis and Bangladeshis masking themselves as Brits. We've also seen Queen Troll Jana adopting the identity of an Indian Christian woman, and getting herself banned from a prominent forum.

I agree with Bushmills that some of them come from unhappy marriages etc and vent it out. Having said that, I'd hold onto my view as well. Been to UK a couple of times, I'd definitely not view Brits as racists. And guess what, I'd faced the odd behaviors too, but they addressed me as a 'Paki'. :D

It's the ruling elite who find romancing Pakis as an adventure, sure not the majority of common Brits.

Scalieback

Professional
I'd not be surprised if many of those posters are Pakis and Bangladeshis masking themselves as Brits.
On Arrse? Not to my knowledge. A lot of Brits masqueraded as Pakistani's to wind up Ray, Pmaitra, Bangelore and Mad Indian.

Oracle

On Arrse? Not to my knowledge. A lot of Brits masqueraded as Pakistani's to wind up Ray, Pmaitra, Bangelore and Mad Indian.
You got it wrong mate, I meant, some Pakis masking as Brits, and ganging up on Indians. Can you tell the difference between a British Pakistani (Paki born in UK) and a native British, with their written english, on a forum?

Scalieback

Professional
You got it wrong mate, I meant, some Pakis masking as Brits, and ganging up on Indians. Can you tell the difference between a British Pakistani (Paki born in UK) and a native British, with their written english, on a forum?
I'm unsure where you mean? On here? On Arrse? Some other forum?

If you're talking about Arrse, bearing in mind I've been a member since '04 or so; I know some Brits who are whiter skinned than me purposely took on some of the Indian posters on there by pretending to be Pakistani. As for some of the other Brits on there, some may indeed by Pakistani origin but you can normally tell from their posts whether they are or not.

Oracle

/\/\/\ Yeah, I meant ARRSE. Thank you for the clarification. :)

Bushmills

Your theory that a third party nationals may seek to use military internet forums to stir dissent between people who have no quarrel may have merit.

In addition, the suggestion that those people may be English "native speakers" may also be plausible.

What actions do you suggest to resolve matters because this row has been blown out of all proportion?

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
No problem. Here to provide some clarification and a somewhat different view on things. :)

If I last that long that is
How long you can last depends on how long you stay dug in. Dig a trench, get body armour and helmet (like you said)

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Your coloquialisms do make me laugh. We'll see Ray. So far you have run to type.

Oh dear. Perhaps if you stopped acting like a spoilt child .........
As a signaller, you had to keep the transmissions short.

And in short, dropping the article and the verbs; forget about figures of speech.

Result :you have forgotten the language! ;)

We're a power alright. Force projection. Seat on the UN security council. But then, we don't have to brag about it or 'willy wave' about some mil bit of kit we;re acquiring over here.
A power indeed!

Like a seat in the UN because of the Empire.

Power projections and Force Projection - like when the US tells you to do so as a camp follower, right?

I agreed on the whining, please think before writing Ray
When one is stating the facts, what is there to think?

Scalieback

Professional
How long you can last depends on how long you stay dug in. Dig a trench, get body armour and helmet (like you said)
Sorry, I've got a life ;) I'll be off in a mo but I'm sure the posts'll keep on coming

Flak jacket, helmet and a bunker are all ready. Just need some sustained fire support from someone else now :)

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Sorry, I've got a life ;) I'll be off in a mo but I'm sure the posts'll keep on coming

Flak jacket, helmet and a bunker are all ready. Just need some sustained fire support from someone else now :)
You will not be infracted for no reason and your posting rights taken away. I can say that with some authority :D

Scalieback

Professional
As a signaller, you had to keep the transmissions short.

And in short, dropping the article and the verbs; forget about figures of speech.

Result :you have forgotten the language! ;)
Oh dear. More musings from Ray. Can I just put these on hold as I'm dealing with three threads at the mo and need to go out.

Ray, you need to put all of your musings down in a little book. We can then all look at it and wonder in amazement at such profound teachings.....

A power indeed!

Like a seat in the UN because of the Empire.
Still got the seat and the empire went yonks ago. You can have it as far as I'm concerned. The UN is frankly a toothless tiger.

Power projections and Force Projection - like when the US tells you to do so as a camp follower, right?
Yep, like a lapdog or poodle. Gotta keep in with the Yanks. then again, isn't that what India is trying to do?

When one is stating the facts, what is there to think?
Yes, these musings should be put in a little book. Call it something like 'The Musings of Chairman Ray'

It'll be a best seller, no doubt ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles