Understanding China

Status
Not open for further replies.

ace009

Freakin' Fighter fan
For the benefit of states? muhahahhaha. Someone still stuck in the 70s, I think. People work to earn money, then they buy things with it It is the same everywhere. Democracy amd communism got nothing to do with it.
That was meant to be sarcasm - but that might be banned in China too - right?

In India people can demonstrate against the government - even burn effigies of the ruling elite. The most they will get is a ticket for traffic violation (if they block the streets). what about in China? Or was Tiananmen square too "1980s"?
As for workers conditions - I am not imagining this am I?
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/26/business/ieconomy-apples-ipad-and-the-human-costs-for-workers-in-china.html

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
i were saying not implying....any healthy brain can comprehend.
Even if one has a healthy brain, in this forum it has to be in English and not transliteration of Chinese or meanderings of a disconnect mind!

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I can go and call my Prime minister an ass hole to the police or even the Prime minister himself, if i think he is doing something bad to my country, without getting killed, Can you????:lol::rofl::taunt1::taunt1:
Why are you asking this poor bloke.

Please don't challenge him.

We don't want to lose a contributor to our forum!

ice berg

I can go and call my Prime minister an ass hole to the police or even the Prime minister himself, if i think he is doing something bad to my country, without getting killed, Can you????:lol::rofl::taunt1::taunt1:
What a silly question, How can I answer you when I am dead? ROFL.
Do use your brain next time.

ice berg

That was meant to be sarcasm - but that might be banned in China too - right?

In India people can demonstrate against the government - even burn effigies of the ruling elite. The most they will get is a ticket for traffic violation (if they block the streets). what about in China? Or was Tiananmen square too "1980s"?
As for workers conditions - I am not imagining this am I?
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/26/business/ieconomy-apples-ipad-and-the-human-costs-for-workers-in-china.html
Sorry, I do not realise sarcasm is exclusively owned by you.

Demonstrations are allowed in India? Gasp, Next you gonna say they got elections in the US?

/Sarcasm ends.

The thread is about providing new information. You have the knack of stating the obvious.

masterofsea

China and Chinese are different. All of you outsiders will ever and never understand Chinese and our culture. The world only have two different culture system. One of them is pan-Mediterranean-Middle east which include Indus civilization since Indus have connection with Mesopotamia all the way. The another is China. China/Chinese is alien for you. She is different with you from architecture to literals. How elephants can understand dragons.

nimo_cn

Country flag
Indeed, I don't think you will get killed for telling the truth about India. Indian PM is an a$$hole, why should the honest people get killed for calling a spade a spade?

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Indeed, I don't think you will get killed for telling the truth about India. Indian PM is an a$$hole, why should the honest people get killed for calling a spade a spade?
But then Mao killed a whole lot of human orifices in China since he knew that they were nothing more than that!

Mad Indian dared you. to call Wen and Hu human corroded orifice and you squirmed in fear!

As a running dog you dare not open your mouth against the CCP or its leaders!

That is the point!

一顆老鼠屎壞了一鍋粥

Enjoy yourself.

不見棺材不掉淚

Last edited:

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
What a silly question, How can I answer you when I am dead? ROFL.
Do use your brain next time.
I used my head. If you have brain- just answer my question honestly. Can you criticise your govt without getting killed?:heh::taunt:

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
There were glaring asymmetries in the way India and China looked at each other, Perhaps as a result of Western scholarship, English educated Indians had developed an "orientalist" view of China. To Western scholars, the "Orient" or Asia was a cultural continuum, particularly because of the Buddhist connection. In the English educated Indian mind, however, it became "Indianisation" of China. This perspective gave a distorted picture of India's place in China's world-view.

In reality, Buddhism started on the periphery of the Chinese society and by the time it acquired a large number of adherents, it had become so transformed that it ceased to be Indian. Politically, Buddhism was strongly opposed by the Confucian mandarins who thought it subverted Chinese values. The much talked about "missions" were from and to the peripheries of both societies and by the early fifteenth century they had stopped altogether. But westernised consciousness in India took such contacts to be between nations.[11] Hence the myth of India and China being Asian sister-countries[12] a myth given currency not only by Nehru but many others.[13]

The Chinese communists also adopted the myth during the "bhai-bhai" days.[14] But their ancestors rarely ever showed any interest in India whatsoever except to acknowledge the remote origins of Buddhism in the "Western Heaven".[15] Until the early fifties, Chinese scholars had not produced a single work on India as a country.[16] "India" entered Chinese consciousness as the land from which soldiers of the British Indian Army came to loot and kill; it was from where opium came.[17] All state-to-state contacts were with British India where Indians were not the decision-makers.

They saw Indians in China as "zou gou" (running dogs) of the British. Through translated works, they came to know that Buddhism had disappeared from India, that India had first gone under Islamic rule and then western "barbarian" rule.[18] Public affairs, which were central to Chinese thinking, were mismanaged by Indians. Chinese thinkers when debating the Western challenge to China cited India as a negative example. They would deal with the West in their own way, decidedly not as India had done.[19]

----
Excellent article IMO

The Nehru Years Revisited - Giri Deshingkar

redragon

Country flag
Well, so far, you've said of not only the Chinese government, but ALL chinese people:

1. We have no morality: "but I'm extending it to a people i.e the Chinese"

2. We are liars and deceivers: "Chinese culture is based on deception. Judge them ONLY by their actions, and not their words"

3. Materialistic and lacking culture and religion: "materialism is the the only thing they follow"

4. Selfish and self-absorbed: "It is selfish and self-absorbed"

All of which is incredibly racist, insulting AND EXTREMELY UNTRUE. I'm very Chinese, and I think I know my hard-working country countrymen more than you do.
All these explained why I changed my mind completely, I don't want to understand and communicate with them any more, they are a bunch of well brainwashed people, they are so rasist so narrow minded, I believe this country has a lot longer way to go to adapt to globalization.

blank_quest

Country flag
All these explained why I changed my mind completely, I don't want to understand and communicate with them any more, they are a bunch of well brainwashed people, they are so rasist so narrow minded, I believe this country has a lot longer way to go to adapt to globalization.
You changed your mind and they are racist narrow minded ----==>>>> How does it matters, for India, what you Think.You are Racist Minded as well. Your so called CULTURE allows Tibetan Massacre and self-Immolation. No one bothers about anyone in your SO CALLED GLOBAL CULTURE remotely. Damn true .

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
To be fair to Indians, we, Indians, don't care a tinker's damn as to what you think of India.

You are just another nation in the world but you are a bit different - you are like Uncle Scrooge and Ebenezer Scrooge rolled in one with their lust for money and the constant and insatiable quest to grab land that is current and through your history.

DaTang

Tihar Jail
Banned
Good joke, I laughed.

Chinese are a very interesting mix of people.

Though it is propagated that in China there are 95% of the people who are Hans, it is not whole true.

The real Hans are those who are North of the Yellow River.

The remainder are 'barbarians' (as per the true Hans) who were assimilated. This assimilation was by conquest, intermarriage, subjugation and humiliation and systematic wiping out of the culture, traditions, customs, language as what you see is being done in Xinjiang and Tibet of today.

The Chinese are an industrious lot and very sharp in their practice. They make fantastic businessmen. That is why much of the SE Asian economies are controlled by overseas Chinese. The fact that Mahatir could not force Islam in Malaysia, even though he brought in discrimination through the Bhumiputra ascendancy law is because the economy was totally controlled by the Chinese. In fact, Singapore broke away from Malaysia was because the Chinese felt that they were being sidelined!

The Han culture is a proud culture and that is why there is a feeling that they treat other people rather short!

Much of their mindset is a fallback of their Theory of Legalism.

A summary of the same may be read here
Legalism (Chinese philosophy) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
Necro posting.

I admit I was wrong in my earlier posts and a bit too bombastic. I was viewing China from the lens of Western Universalism. Chinese have their own view of the world - Chinese universalism if you call it. From whatever metric you use, they have been quite successful with it.

We need to look at China and the West through our own lens. Dharmic universalism or something. What is that lens -- I'm not completely sure, have vague ideas. But atleast I've realised my biases.

rockdog

Country flag
Necro posting.

I admit I was wrong in my earlier posts and a bit too bombastic. I was viewing China from the lens of Western Universalism. Chinese have their own view of the world - Chinese universalism if you call it. From whatever metric you use, they have been quite successful with it.

We need to look at China and the West through our own lens. Dharmic universalism or something. What is that lens -- I'm not completely sure, have vague ideas. But atleast I've realised my biases.
This threat recalled me those old days dabating with Ray, if i remeber right he was high ranking officer and respectful in for forum. But i have to say all his judegement and prediction about China was wrong. I think he represented most Indian's view about China during that time.

I good thing is in recent years in this forum the "fair" opinions from Indian are increasing.

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
Counterpoint - do the Chinese understand us ? I was going through posts on some Chinese forums. The level of discussion was hilarious - their opinions seem to have been shaped by reading OpEds by the likes of Arundhati Roy.

I don't think China has made any serious attempt to study India

Example thread: https://lt.cjdby.net/thread-2646489-1-1.html

Note: this is not a troll/meme thread

rockdog

Country flag
Counterpoint - do the Chinese understand us ? I was going through posts on some Chinese forums. The level of discussion was hilarious - their opinions seem to have been shaped by reading OpEds by the likes of Arundhati Roy.

I think i can answer somehow.

I m member of CJDBY from 2004, DFI member since 2011;
members from both forums are the same level: quite shitty to understand each other.

Still there are some points i have to say:
1. Almost all Indian members from DFI's prediction about China's economy were wrong, from 10 yrs ago they predicted it would go down, which is wrong.

2. Indian members from DFI always put CCP and communism those kind of old ideology stuff with China (especially Mr Ray, i had debate with him 10 yrs ago), but China is much more complicated than this.

3. Chinese members also underestimate/downplay India's military power, i think this is not the right way, we have to take our strategic competitor seriously.

4. If you really wanna understand elite Chinese's POV to India, you would find some dicussions from zhihu.com (Chinese quora)

Like this dicussion about the recent 23.9% of GDP fallen of India:
The first anwser gain 3000+ like, you would try Google translate.

5. CJDBY is more military forum, same as here, full of angry youth...

rockdog

Country flag

From ecomonic view,

China has $50 billions trade surplus on cargo trade, 300+ active APPs before GOI's banning which belong to service trade.

Which means there are more Chinese working and living via India than Indian for China.

Especially for those APPs, they are popular here not because of simple duplication of original APPs from China, must made massive localization, especially to common Indian people and the culture.

If you put the those angry youth from CJDBY aside, i personally think Chinese have more chances to understand India and Indian on different aspects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles