Turkey shot down Russian Su 24

Akim

Professional
Country flag
My premonition. I expect to see at least 1 Turkish F-16 going down soon.
Maybe. While it may be KNR (Kurds People's Republic). There's a complicated knot. Moscow may begin deliveries of weapons to the Kurds at the same time, Istanbul can start supplying weapons to Azerbaijan.

salute

Cadian

Maybe. While it may be KNR (Kurds People's Republic). There's a complicated knot. Moscow may begin deliveries of weapons to the Kurds at the same time, Istanbul can start supplying weapons to Azerbaijan.
FYI Azerbaijan is already overflooderd with modern weapons from Russia, including T-90S, BMP-3, TOS-1A, Mi-35 etc., there is nothing special Turkey can offer.

Akim

Professional
Country flag
FYI Azerbaijan is already overflooderd with modern weapons from Russia, including T-90S, BMP-3, TOS-1A, Mi-35 etc., there is nothing special Turkey can offer.
It is important not to quality and quantity. Although originally Turkey has to lose. Kurdistan - a non-existent state why they can receive any number of weapons to destabilize Turkey. I repeat - there is a complex knot in a formula: 1 + 1, it does not fit.

pmaitra

Turkey's links with ISIS and other terrorists being exposed, and the reaction:

tharikiran

Country flag
Moscow may begin deliveries of weapons to the Kurds at the same time, Istanbul can start supplying weapons to Azerbaijan.
Not through the kurds. I am expecting S400 proving itself. If Erdogan continues with his statements, expect F-16's getting swatted.

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
Russian didn't do anything yet its a humiliation of a great military power by a tiny jihadi country operates a small fleet of f 16 and F 5.

This is the perfect time to show the claimed superiority of SU 30SM and Mig 29/35 over puny f 16s of furks.

pmaitra

Russian didn't do anything yet its a humiliation of a great military power by a tiny jihadi country operates a small fleet of f 16 and F 5.

This is the perfect time to show the claimed superiority of SU 30SM and Mig 29/35 over puny f 16s of furks.
I would not take this as a humiliation.

I think many NATO members are saying this behind the scenes that Erdogan over-reacted. This makes sense if British propaganda outlet BBC publishes an OP-ed saying the same.

It was Turkey that first shot down the air-craft, and that it crashed inside Syria puts Turkey in a difficult position.

Now, with S-400, we have a virtual no-fly zone within the regions covered by S-400.

This actually gave Russia more power and operational freedom.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles