Turkey shot down Russian Su 24

pmaitra

I think erdogan got his orders from the upper echelons of NATO/US.
1. Turkey would lose credibility in front of europeans when they see that turkis shot down Russians who are bombing isis.
2. If nato remains cold to turkey's adventures then that means nato will be seen as useless and turks can't go at it alone against russia. They will be fried for breakfast.
3. Washington might have been trying to cook something. Provocations to agitate russia; to make it seem like a russian aggression. They have done this in donbass, afghan.
That hypothesis is part of my analysis here.

This, however, does not explain western news channels going mild on Russia, unlike the Ukraine crisis?

tharikiran

Country flag
This, however, does not explain western news channels going mild on Russia
I guess, we all are observing on the net in comments section of various articles be it US or UK or European..people actually siding with Putin for taking on ISIS. The general public mood in all these countries is pro Russia..pro Putin.

pmaitra

I guess, we all are observing on the net in comments section of various articles be it US or UK or European..people actually siding with Putin for taking on ISIS. The general public mood in all these countries is pro Russia..pro Putin.
That seems like a probably reason.

pmaitra

Can somebody tell me the air-defence range of the Fort System on the Moskva class missile cruiser? I hear that the Fort System is like the S-300. Does it cover Incirlik from Latakia?

tharikiran

Country flag
upload_2015-11-25_12-7-36.png

upload_2015-11-25_12-8-1.png

Thirty characters.......................................................

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Range only 90 km? So, it probably does not cover Incirlik?
I guess not.

But then again wiki cannot be fully trusted for accuracy.

And there is also version fort-M, with longer range(150km as per wiki), but apparently not on Moskva.

Distance b/w Latakia and Incirlik AFB, seems to be 150-160km.

pmaitra

Ok, folks, more interesting stuff.

Last edited:

pmaitra

Ankara defends ISIS, Russia has data on Turkey’s financial interest in oil from ISIS - PM Medvedev
Some Turkish officials have ‘direct financial interest’ in the oil trade with the terrorist group Islamic State, Russian PM Dmitry Medvedev said as he detailed possible Russian retaliation to Turkey’s downing of a Russian warplane in Syria on Tuesday.

Medvedev said Ankara is protecting Islamic State (IS, formerly ISIS/ISIL) because of the illegal oil trade and revenues Turkish officials get from it.

Turkey shot down a Russian bomber over Syria on Tuesday, claiming it had violated Turkish airspace. Russia says no violation took place and considers the hostile act as 'a stab in the back' and direct assistance to terrorist forces in Syria.

pmaitra

Looks like Russia is targeting the region from where the parachuting pilots were shot at. Retribution, I suppose.

About 21 hours ago:

About 35 minutes ago:

Not sure how true this is:

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
View attachment 6712

View attachment 6713
Thirty characters.......................................................
There is supposedly a "deep state" in turkey. These guys are mostly in the military. They are not very friendly to Erdogan (AKP PM as mentioned in your tweet)
And some in the deep state apparently favor better ties to russia and don't like erdogan coz of his islamist agendas as opposed to the turkic nationalist agenda of kemal.
I read about this long back, don't know how true it is today.

tharikiran

Country flag
When did this happen? Looks like Turkey has terrorist training camps right across the border, just like Pakistan has across the LoC.
From the videos we saw yesterday of the downed pilot, I could feel some of the guys are not Turkmen. Looked like..what should I say..Chechen.Putin is right. They will level those mountains for sure.

pmaitra

There is supposedly a "deep state" in turkey. These guys are mostly in the military. They are not very friendly to Erdogan (AKP PM as mentioned in your tweet)
And some in the deep state apparently favor better ties to russia and don't like erdogan coz of his islamist agendas as opposed to the turkic nationalist agenda of kemal.
I read about this long back, don't know how true it is today.
I would love to read about it. When you get time, please share.

pmaitra

18:57 GMT

German Vice-Chancellor Sigmar Gabriel called Turkish actions unpredictable.

“This incident shows for the first time that we are to dealing with an actor who is unpredictable according to statements from various parts of the region – that is not Russia, that is Turkey,” Gabriel said, as cited by DPA news agency. He added that Turkey was playing “a complicated role” in the Syrian conflict.
Source: https://www.rt.com/news/323240-russia-turkey-warplane-downed/

Significant?

@Razor, @tharikiran?

salute

Let me say something .. The So called Russian Defensive systems, countermeasure suites, Jamming pods are all in effective, when dealing with an American air to air missile even engaged from longer range.

aww.. what... Russian cheerleaders said Su 24 will blind the Arleigh Burke's Radar, then why it failed against a tiny F 16
but su - 24 is tech from 60's,
its not modern or stealth aircraft,
it does not even look good air combat jet but more like ground attack or jaguar kind of aircraft.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
I would love to read about it. When you get time, please share.
Right now I'm not able to find that pdf but I've pmed you some links.
Note that in the over 10 years that Erdogan has been in power he has actively undermined military's importance.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles