Votes: 51 49.5%
  • ≤ 10

Votes: 36 35.0%
  • ≤ 15

Votes: 16 15.5%

• Total voters

warriorextreme

Country flag
the opponent was simply too much powerful.

I am wondering if our wrestlers are competing in correct weight class. Our Wrestlers are looking Skinny compared to opponents.

Well he will have change for Bronze now.
I hope other sports are going through the same phase that our cricketers went for many decades, i.e. they had skills, passion etc. but did not have mental toughness to win at global stage. Ganguly and Dhoni changed many things in that sense players and Kohli is continuing that and rest of the cricketers are in better stage mentally to handle the pressure.

Some might say that comparison with Cricket might not be valid as it is not an Olympic sport but still Cricketers still have a lot more pressure on them to perform.

I hope our future generations of athletes are able to handle the pressure from young age as they get more and more exposure.

TakAman

Country flag
I hope other sports are going through the same phase that our cricketers went for many decades, i.e. they had skills, passion etc. but did not have mental toughness to win at global stage. Ganguly and Dhoni changed many things in that sense players and Kohli is continuing that and rest of the cricketers are in better stage mentally to handle the pressure.

Some might say that comparison with Cricket might not be valid as it is not an Olympic sport but still Cricketers still have a lot more pressure on them to perform.

I hope our future generations of athletes are able to handle the pressure from young age as they get more and more exposure.
Also one more reason for this is Pakistan.

Indian-Pakistan rivalry made cricket very popular. It was everyone's dream day to see Sachin hammering down on Shoaib Akhtar or Sehwag with his beautiful cover drives against Umar Gul.

With rest of South Asia literally miles behind India on Olympics, the Indo-Pak or very recent Indo-Kangla rivalry does not bring the heat out of our players on these sports. As any match in wrestling, etc will be simply Indians thrashing the Pakis (will look like a Tejas - JF17 fight).

And will not make the crowds interested.

Jimih

Country flag

What is the obsession of Indians with Non-contact sports like Cricket?

Contact Sports is what makes a "man from a boy".

US and Europe all play and promote Contact Sports.

GoI and Civil Society should promote sports like MMA, Football, Boxing, Kabaddi, Hockey, Basketball, Wrestling etc in large numbers. Cricket is what making Indian population lazy and feminine.

Heck! Cricket is played by only 12 countries in the world.

TakAman

Country flag

GoI and Civil Society should promote sports like MMA, Football, Boxing, Kabaddi, Hockey, Basketball, Wrestling etc in large numbers. Cricket is what making Indian population lazy and feminine.

But population size pool of those 12 nations make up 2 billion plus. That 30% of the world.

Plus it is wrong to say, Indians are only obsessed with non-contact sports. Kabaddi is a prime example, where pro-kabaddi leagues are second most popular after IPL. And India has won many world cups in kabaddi.

I think, Olympics committee is many a times at fault when it has 10 medals for Judo (primarily played by Japan, a nation of 120 million people) and ignores cricket (played by 2 billion plus) or kabaddi.

Jimih

Country flag
But population size pool of those 12 nations make up 2 billion plus. That 30% of the world.

Plus it is wrong to say, Indians are only obsessed with non-contact sports. Kabaddi is a prime example, where pro-kabaddi leagues are second most popular after IPL. And India has won many world cups in kabaddi.

I think, Olympics committee is many a times at fault when it has 10 medals for Judo (primarily played by Japan, a nation of 120 million people) and ignores cricket (played by 2 billion plus) or kabaddi.
If you ask a 12 year old kid who is interested in taking sports as a career, what sports will he/she choose for making a living, definitely his/her answer will be Cricket. Iam telling this from my personal experiences.

Cricket will never be in Olympics, it doesent have the validity of the Whole world.

Pro-Kabaddi league is the starting point, but the other sports I mentioned should also not be underlooked.

SKC

Country flag

Physical Strength and Toughness is also needed.
Specially in Wrestling our boys were appearing too thin and week compared to their opponents.

Did you see that fight of Punia brother with American opponent. That guy was having double the size of biceps then punia and in strength also two to three times.

doreamon

Country flag
If you ask a 12 year old kid who is interested in taking sports as a career, what sports will he/she choose for making a living, definitely his/her answer will be Cricket. Iam telling this from my personal experiences.

Cricket will never be in Olympics or Asian games, it doesent have the validity of the Whole world.

Pro-Kabaddi league is the starting point, but the other sports I mentioned should also not be underlooked.
They can start a 15-15 in cricket like 20-20 where only 7/8 players can bat and boll and 11 players can do fielding .. And ask for its acceptance in olympics ... Cricket has more global acceptance than some of the ridiculous sports in olympics which only elites of europe play .

SKC

Country flag

Nothing wrong in Cricket.

We must utilize our strength in which ever sport is popular in Indian make it included in Olympics.

Japan added Golf and Skateboarding in this Olympics, how many nations are playing these sport?
Japan won Gold in Skateboarding.

Which sports is strong in Indian get it included in Olympics by hook or crook.

Its BCCI during 2000s which led to Cricket being not included in Olympics. Other wise there were plans to include it in 2016 Olympics in 2000s.

BCCI does not even send Cricket team in Asian games many times and other times sens Grade C team not even B team.

Maharaj samudragupt

Kritant Parashu
Banned
Country flag

We must utilize our strength in which ever sport is popular in Indian make it included in Olympics.

Japan added Golf and Skateboarding in this Olympics, how many nations are playing these sport?

Which sports is strong in Indian get it included in Olympics by hook or crook.

Its BCCI during 2000s which led to Cricket being not included in Olympics. Other wise there were plans to include it in 2016 Olympics in 2000s.

BCCI does not even send Cricket team in Asian games many times and other times sens Grade C team not even B team.
Why didn't bcci allowed it to be incluDed.

SKC

Country flag
Why didn't bcci allowed it to be incluDed.
Don't know for which weird reasons BCCI was not favorable of getting Cricket included in Olympics for long time.
Still no they are hesitant on getting it in Olympics. We can get it in Olympics with the new Hundred Format or with standard T20.

Jimih

Country flag

Japan also play Football in FIFA World Cups, Does India play?

Global Defence

New threads

Articles