The Syrian Crisis

pmaitra

Russia sends naval flotilla to Syrian port: report

A December 2008 file photo of the Russian Admiral Chabanenko destroyer arriving at Havana harbor in Cuba. Russia has sent a naval flotilla of six warships, including the Admiral Chabanenko and led by an anti-submarine destroyer, to its naval base at the Syrian port of Tartus, the Interfax news agency reported on July 10.

pack leader

Professional

pmaitra

^^

Speak for yourself Sir. Many people actually find Syrian accounts more reliable.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
No one cares about Syrian State TV.
Maybe not in the west but some people on the other side of the world like to view both sides and decide for themselves which is more believable.

or should saudi funded al-jazeera be trusted ? because western media and al-jazeera seem to be showing the same thing and doing a propaganda campaign against syria. I as it is doubt western media but i know for certain that al-jazeera is full of crap and a tool for the wahabi saudi royal family. One day when hypocritical west turns its back on that scummy royal family they will be dragged through the streets and be-headed in one of there parks where they get others behead.

Last edited:

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
I believe you have a fairly good idea what im implying at.
There were two options.

1. Assad may want to use weapons against rebels or civilians

2. Others believe he is trying to safeguard stockpile from his opponents

You said "about time", which is ambiguous. So I have no idea what you are implying.

pmaitra

Maybe not in the west but some people on the other side of the world like to view both sides and decide for themselves which is more believable.

or should saudi funded al-jazeera be trusted ? because western media and al-jazeera seem to be showing the same thing and doing a propaganda campaign against syria. I as it is doubt western media but i know for certain that al-jazeera is full of crap and a tool for the wahabi saudi royal family. One day when hypocritical west turns its back on that scummy royal family they will be dragged through the streets and be-headed in one of there parks where they get others behead.
To be honest, the Syrian media has remained consistent with their reports. It is the Western media that hyped up this so called 'uprising' and have now changed their tune and started admitting smuggling of arms and foreign mercenaries entering Syria from Turkey. I have already demonstrated, in this thread, how the rebels carried out the Houla massacre and tried to place the blame on Assad; and the Western media's reports that the civilians were shelled by the Syrian Army were found to be in conflict with the pictures of the dead civilians. It is quite obvious now to the Western media that they cannot go around reporting fiction in the hope the world will buy them.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
To be honest, the Syrian media has remained consistent with their reports. It is the Western media that hyped up this so called 'uprising' and have now changed their tune and started admitting smuggling of arms and foreign mercenaries entering Syria from Turkey. I have already demonstrated, in this thread, how the rebels carried out the Houla massacre and tried to place the blame on Assad; and the Western media's reports that the civilians were shelled by the Syrian Army were found to be in conflict with the pictures of the dead civilians. It is quite obvious now to the Western media that they cannot go around reporting fiction in the hope the world will buy them.
Do you think "the Western media" are monolithic?

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Here this should further solidify your argument

Last edited by a moderator:

pmaitra

Do you think "the Western media" are monolithic?
Nope, it is not. For example, Allgemeine Zeitung has been reporting things in a largely different tone than its more influential counterparts like BBC and CNN. I perceive the more powerful news channels and agencies of having a largely monolithic front in the way they are reporting the Syrian Crisis.

One needs to look who controls the strings of the major media houses the world over: Here is an article that might interest you: Seven Jewish Americans Control Most US Media

"Today, seven Jewish Americans run the vast majority of US television networks, the printed press, the Hollywood movie industry, the book publishing industry, and the recording industry. Most of these industries are bundled into huge media conglomerates run by the following seven individuals:

Gerald Levin, CEO and Director of AOL Time Warner

Michael Eisner, Chairman and CEO of the Walt Disney Company

Edgar Bronfman, Sr., Chairman of Seagram Company Ltd

Edgar Bronfman, Jr, President and CEO of Seagram Company Ltd and head of Universal Studios

Sumner Redstone, Chairman and CEO of Viacom, Inc

Dennis Dammerman, Vice Chairman of General Electric

Peter Chernin, President and Co-COO of News Corporation Limited

Those seven Jewish men collectively control ABC, NBC, CBS, the Turner Broadcasting System, CNN, MTV, Universal Studios, MCA Records, Geffen Records, DGC Records, GRP Records, Rising Tide Records, Curb/Universal Records, and Interscope Records.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
^^

Speak for yourself Sir. Many people actually find Syrian accounts more reliable.
They find it more reliable when Syrian media accidently showed them staging suicide bombings? :rofl:

pmaitra

They find it more reliable when Syrian media accidently showed them staging suicide bombings? :rofl:
I have no idea what you are talking about.

Western media has been caught on the wrong footing w.r.t. Syria. It has been well established. The posts are there in this thread.

If you have something to offer to back up your claims, post links and share with all.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
The government staged scenes for national TV from yesterday's explosion site in Damascus' Midan neighbourhood, after Syrian TV aired "unedited" footage by "mistake".

The first video below, aired on Syrian TV, shows what seems to be an injured man on the floor standing up just before the end of the shoot.

The second video shows a reporter placing "bags of vegetables" in the street to give the impression that some of the victims were people shopping in the nearby market.

The third video, also taken from national TV, shows a person putting police shields in one of the damaged vans to portray that the victims in the vehicle were from the police force.

Last edited by a moderator:

pmaitra

^^

Thanks. I knew about the vegetable case. I have also posted about a Western ad firm being hired for propaganda by Syria. There is propaganda on both sides. To say there is no propaganda on Syrian side would be foolish.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles