The Atheism/Agnosticism Thread

Do you think God exists?

• Total voters

Tactical Doge

π•±π–”π–”π–‘π–˜ π–—π–šπ–˜π– 𝖆𝖓𝖉 π–†π–“π–Œπ–Šπ–‘π–˜ π–‹π–Šπ–†π–—
Country flag
I never said anything about Hinduism in particular, because I do not think of it as anything special that. I mean religions in general, be they Abrahamic or non-Abrahamic do not make any sense.
Exactamundo hermano
Religions is a term which you should be careful when thrown around Hinduism, if we were to apply that template, i.e western template of religion to Sanatana Dharma, then it would split into atleast a hundred different sects, all following different books and ideas,
something somewhere has deeply gone wrong

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
I said about spiritual knowledge in the Gita, which you, at multiple instances, equated with Fairytales, Al-kitab and whatnot
Well yeah, if the "spiritual knowledge" contain of stuff like maya, karma etc. then they're 100% likely to be taken as fairytales (which stories the epics are).

You can run it by a Shinto or Tao for neutral 3rd party opinion... They'll find it fascinating (frankly I too don't deny they're pretty cool concepts) but they're not gonna say "welp this is totally real & how world works".

N4tsula67

Country flag
I never said anything about Hinduism in particular, because I do not think of it as anything special that. I mean religions in general, be they Abrahamic or non-Abrahamic do not make any sense.
Atheist quoting Carl Sagan, Richard Dawkins is also appeal to authority btw. Atheist saying it is proven by science that "atheist are better than religious people"(said by someone i couldn't remember) is appeal to authority as well here science is treated like unquestionable authority.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Atheist quoting Carl Sagan, Richard Dawkins is also appeal to authority btw.
Yeah those are really stupid too.. Sounds like a guy trying to prove dragons aren't real.

Dawkins atleast should have stuck to biology.

Tactical Doge

π•±π–”π–”π–‘π–˜ π–—π–šπ–˜π– 𝖆𝖓𝖉 π–†π–“π–Œπ–Šπ–‘π–˜ π–‹π–Šπ–†π–—
Country flag
Well yeah, if the "spiritual knowledge" contain of stuff like maya, karma etc. then they're 100% likely to be taken as fairytales (which stories the epics are).

You can run it by a Shinto or Tao for neutral 3rd party opinion... They'll find it fascinating (frankly I too don't deny they're pretty cool concepts) but they're not gonna say "welp this is totally real & how world works".
Hayyo mwone
I'll let you clarify your position
The Qur'an for example is a definitive text which says how one should live eat and fuck even

The Gita is a text which lord Krishna claims is spiritual knowledge, you bite or leave it, no harm done, don't have to dwell on it

Clarify this, do you keep the two on the same pedestal? Inspite of the stark difference I mentioned

Blood+

Country flag
Atheist quoting Carl Sagan, Richard Dawkins is also appeal to authority btw.
Of course, it is. That's why I never do that. I learn from them but never quote them.
Atheist saying it is proven by science that "atheist are better than religious people"(said by someone i couldn't remember) is appeal to authority as well here science is treated like unquestionable authority.
Uhhh....they conducted a study on school-going children and came to this conclusion, so ain't exactly appealing to authority in this case.

Assassin 2.0

Country flag
Many atheist claimed that Hindus targeted lower caste people but atheist icons like karl max were born racist with race superiority.

Atheist themselves generally in their morality ridden society targeted people of lower income group's. Their laws and implementation remains of one of the most brutal authortian governments.

Screenshot_20210527-193747.jpg

LondonParisTokyo

Country flag
Atheism is for low intelligent people to feel superior to people that have some religious conviction. Without realizing it, atheists are replacing one belief system (a higher power/deity) with another (the absence of one). Impossible to defend either perspective, but atheists are more frequently the ones who like to use confirmation biases to "prove" their belief to be superior. Very odd.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Clarify this, do you keep the two on the same pedestal? Inspite of the stark difference I mentioned
I don't.. Read a bit above. Specifically mentioned to your own reply.

Only similarity between them is there not real. The follower of respective religious groups wants them to be.. But show them to anybody else & they'll be rejected as just a fantastical theory.

Assassin 2.0

Country flag
Several examples hows atheism can survive on religion. It may look funny but atheism also survive on religion but in that religion you either worship Party or a person for ex North korea in that atheist country you are forced to worship the leader.
Because atheist can't bring any motivation or build a moral society without any fear of something bigger.
In most of the atheist countries which exited used to replace religion temple church masjid with some party building.

HeinzGud

Country flag
all the morality in the world was invented by religions. either by love or by fear towards what they believed as god/god like.
No. Morality was invented by the early humans in order to maintain the social cohesion. It has nothing do with religion.

savagery and barbarianism is the way of life of atheists. nothing more nothing less. they just are hung up on progressivism to prove their superiority to theists

they can't control themselves, for there is no authority.
they don't know where to stop. where to hit brakes. either they fall back into savagery or accelerate progressively into degeneracy.

that's what atheism is.
Show me one atheist society, even in China where savagery and barbarianism is openly practiced.

Progress is achieved through enlightening one self that there is only one way to success. That is through Science.

Tactical Doge

Country flag
Okay
I don't.. Read a bit above. Specifically mentioned to your own reply.

Only similarity between them is there not real. The follower of respective religious groups wants them to be.. But show them to anybody else & they'll be rejected as just a fantastical theory.
Okay whatver, so you don't
Still haven't got my answer for this
Einstein was as spiritual as it gets, he did meditation, he was very much exposed by his Encounters of DR. Homi Bhaba to spirituality, DR. Bhaba is not a religious Hindu Dhoti wearing tilak chaaap individual himself

I'm in CS, Artificial intelligence and Machine Learning, that's the exact opposite of what I'm exposed to, I would say in a century or so we can even simulate love, hate or insecurity in something "lifeless", does it make it any more alive than it already is
My professor has a pHD on the matter, he does Vishwakarma pooja, he wears Saffron to university, he does the things that you may find backwards, now he is what you would call religious
You have 3 points here to make @Bleh
About Einstein and Dr. Bhaba,
Whether you think if we simulate a human brain in few centuries will it be indistinguishable from "life"
And how my professor has stark contrast in terms of conviction, so to say, in what he believes, I don't like his conviction either, not the best sight to watch saffron wearing dude with white Goras wearing tux in a picture

Blood+

Country flag
Atheism is for low intelligent people to feel superior to people that have some religious conviction.
Seriously??!!
Without realizing it, atheists are replacing one belief system (a higher power/deity) with another (the absence of one).
So not believing in a religion is also religion as per you??!! By that logic, not collecting stamps should also be a hobby and being bald is a hairstyle, makes about as much sense.
Impossible to defend either perspective, but atheists are more frequently the ones who like to use confirmation biases to "prove" their belief to be superior. Very odd.
What is there to defend?? We do not even have a positive position!! Our argument is simple - there is no evidence for any god and therefore we do not believe in it. It's a negative position, and you can't prove a negative, not in a court of law nor anywhere else. On the other hand, it's you guys who make all the incredibly tall claims but fail consistently to provide anything to substantiate those claims. Yet somehow we are 'low intelligent people'.

HeinzGud

Country flag
Several examples hows atheism can survive on religion. It may look funny but atheism also survive on religion but in that religion you either worship Party or a person for ex North korea in that atheist country you are forced to worship the leader.
Because atheist can't bring any motivation or build a moral society without any fear of something bigger.
In most of the atheist countries which exited used to replace religion temple church masjid with some party building.
Those are forced atheist countries where people were forced to adopt atheist practices. No one should be forced to become atheists.

Blood+

Country flag
Go tell that to the British or the Nordics.

Assassin 2.0

Country flag
Those are forced atheist countries where people were forced to adopt atheist practices. No one should be forced to become atheists.
Well what people here are doing? They are trying to do brainwashing. REALITY REMAINS SIMPLE RELIGION BRINGS HOLIDAYS GATHER FAMILIES TOGETHER IT BRINGS MORTALITY (FEAR OF GOD) IT BRINGS IDENTITY AND MOST IMPORTANTLY FOR SOME PEOPLE IN BAD TIME IT GIVES THEM PEACE for most of the population this is what religion is its part of their life.

Basic agenda of atheist state's and ideology just like every religion is to spread by ridiculing enemy for example religion. When atheist comes in power they attack Hinduism first in india why because it's a separate ideology.

These countries are the only example of the TRUE ATHEIST STATE'S.

For example -

Screenshot_20210527-195255.jpg

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
About Einstein and Dr. Bhaba,
Whether you think if we simulate a human brain in few centuries will it be indistinguishable from "life"
And how my professor has stark contrast in terms of conviction, so to say, in what he believes, I don't like his conviction either, not the best sight to watch saffron wearing dude with white Goras wearing tux in a picture
No idea about Einstein & Bhaba. They could believe in Santa if the wanted. Sure didn't have any evidence to show for it.

Not qualified to say.

Again csame as the above duo. And as @LondonParisTokyo mentioned about belief absence... If you believe you have an imaginary friend (who BTW watched with popcorns as muzzies raped half your population) someone could believe in fairies, or unicorns, or closet monsters, or peeper from different dimensions.

Benifit of doubt is a rabbit hole.

You'll have to believe in everything of everyone.

And people have every right to laugh.

Assassin 2.0

Country flag
Go tell that to the British or the Nordics.
UK Core is still church based and it's still based on ages old law and order which they received from their ancestors which were hard-core religious peeps. UK is not a atheist country they have working churches most of the people still celebrate Christian festivals and it's just going through a cultural change by many new people going into different religions.

In reality UK is officially a Christian country.

N4tsula67

Country flag
Look i don't hate atheist nor i love them (Na mohe unse preet na mohe unse bair). Even Mimamsa was Nirisvarvadi(Didn't believed in a supreme being or god),Nyaya the contemporary of Buddhism have questioned the existence of god as well though they are isvaravadi. Neither i wanna convert you nor i want to punish you do whatever you want in your personal life. But don't put your head into my personal matter. I didn't put mine in yours.

A cow is eating grass she don't eat meat have no interest with a chicken. But if that chicken attack, mock,harras and try to force cow to say "Kukdu ku" cow will definitely retaliate by using her horns. Obviously cow will just show horn. Then tell me who is at fault here cow or chicken?.

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
geoBR Atheism and Orthodoxy in Modern Russia General Multimedia 1
The3Amigos China auto thread China 332
JaguarWarrior Russian civil aviation thread Europe and Russia 44
JaguarWarrior Russia auto thread Europe and Russia 926