Terrorist attack on Pathankot Airbase

Agnostic_Indian

Country flag
Calling them islamic / muslims will be unsecular and will cause intolerance in the society, it would not be fair to target a particular bedouine violent faith directly by calling spade a spade, it's unsecular to be honest, when dealing with the people of the asmani kitab. Hence it's common knowledge as these jihadis are born secular in this nation similar to leftists - so it's better to refer to them as secular than muslim!

However, in our society which have been hijacked by leftist self-proclaimed intellectuals and paid journalist, a Hindu is reported widely and with pleasure as a Hindu! (We all know the concentrated efforts of earlier NIA under UPA's NAC to create and prove fictitious Hindu Terror own their own, which failed miserably)!

I think calling these people secular is the most tolerant thing to do and shows our faith in secularism!

In Malda, at present the secular jamatis have rioted for straight 2 days.....very few MSMs had the courage to show the secular menace! Had it been a Hindu calling someone somewhere something - all hell would have unleashed on Hindus by the intellectual secular left and their compatriot secular jamaitis!
What's born secular? a person supporting secularism is called secular in common talks although it's not the person but the state is secular.
Explain to me how is this islamic terrorist who is acting on religious fundamentalism can be called a secular person ?

And yes there is islamic terrorism as well as hindu terrorism india how ever disproposonate it may be..

Agnostic_Indian

Country flag
It's a joke, take is easy.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
No it's not a joke, it's a deliberate attempt to malign and portry ideology of secularism and supporters of that ideology as terrorists. Truth is every religious fundamentalist and religios fascists oppose the idea of secularism.i have had debates with islamists and i am having dabte with right wingers here...both are on same page in rejecting secularism.

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
No it's not a joke, it's a deliberate attempt to malign and portry ideology of secularism and supporters of that ideology as terrorists. Truth is every religious fundamentalist and religios fascists oppose the idea of secularism.i have had debates with islamists and i am having dabte with right wingers here...both are on same page in rejecting secularism.
Secularism is an abused word in Indian politics and highly distorted. Secularism means Muslim appeasement and so people have started to make fun of it now. So take it easy!

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk

Navneet Kundu

Truth is every religious fundamentalist and religios fascists oppose the idea of secularism.i have had debates with islamists and i am having dabte with right wingers here...both are on same page in rejecting secularism.
Dear Kerala Communist, it is a defense forum, it's not a place for indulging in sublime philosophical debates about secularism. Someone said something, you disagreed, move on. Don't water down the discussion of Pathankot attack with sickular talk.

Last edited:

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
What's born secular? a person supporting secularism is called secular in common talks although it's not the person but the state is secular.
Explain to me how is this islamic terrorist who is acting on religious fundamentalism can be called a secular person ?

And yes there is islamic terrorism as well as hindu terrorism india how ever disproposonate it may be..
In Indian parlance when Muslims riot it's not reported, while a single Muslim killed generates media coverage for months and awards are returned.

A Muslim when gets inspiration from Koran and justifies out using religion, he is Islamic terrorist. Given >90% of the cases involve Muslim terrorists, but given Indian secular parlance you cannot name him. So people call him secular terrorist!

Agnostic_Indian

Country flag
Secularism is an abused word in Indian politics and highly distorted. Secularism means Muslim appeasement and so people have started to make fun of it now. So take it easy!

What's stopping you to support true secularism insted of supporting another kind of religious fundamentalism and religious fasism ? Either secular is good and you support it or you don't support it.
I have heard so much about this muslim appeasement, i too recognise and acknowledge some of it.for example.
1) rajiv govts stand on shabanu case
2) hajj subsidy.
3) communal riot bill

Plese list another things which you see as muslim appeasement one by one, lets see how much we agree and how much we dont.others also plese mention the muslim appeasement policies but those who can't handle it in a dispassionate and rational way shuld please stay away.

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
I wanted to say why ban the channel....instead wrote why ban the party.....I don't give a rat's ass about tmc.

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
What's stopping you to support true secularism insted of supporting another kind of religious fundamentalism and religious fasism ? Either secular is good and you support it or you don't support it.
I have heard so much about this muslim appeasement, i too recognise and acknowledge some of it.for example.
1) rajiv govts stand on shabanu case
2) hajj subsidy.
3) communal riot bill

Plese list another things which you see as muslim appeasement one by one, lets see how much we agree and how much we dont.others also plese mention the muslim appeasement policies but those who can't handle it in a dispassionate and rational way shuld please stay away.
Take it to another thread and debate if you like.

Keep this thread for pathankot. I will delete further off topic posts.

Agnostic_Indian

Country flag
Dear Kerala Communist, it is a defense forum, it's not a place for discussing sublime philosophical ideologies. Someone said something, you disagreed, move on. Don't water down the discussion of Pathankot attack with sickular talk.
Really ? On what basis you concluded that i am a communist ? Seriously? what all can i be at the same time ? I have been called a pakistani, a muslim , a christian, a communist in this forum. It only shows your insecurity.
Secondly, i know this is a defence forum i participate in defence related discuessions too, may be more than you do..but that's irrelevant any way.
Only thing i am guilty of is derailing the discuession but i didn't start it, sombody else dragged secularism in this thread by describing terrorists as secularists, whuch is unacceptable.

Navneet Kundu

Someone has to end the deadlock. I know better than to engage with Mallus. I'm sure you know from my other rant that I have nothing but contempt for them. Now do you see why?

Navneet Kundu

The Chinese will simply claim that terrorist groups copied the designs and manufactured the weapons themselves. Not only that, the Chinese will also pretend to be offended that terrorists are violating their intellectual property rights by copying patented designs. That's how the Chinese work. Their deception machinery is an institution of statecraft. First they will kick you then on top of that they will complain that their leg hurts and you owe them compensation for that.
These ethnic minority groups are China's proxy furthering Chinese agenda, but China pretends to be a victim of the conflict. Here's one example :

Ancient Indian

p = np :)
Pakistan PM Nawaz Sharif chairs high-level meeting; discusses Pathankot attack

seems like some thing happening on paper at least.
Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif on Thursday chaired a high-level meeting and discussed the Pathankot terror attack as he directed officials to speed up work on the leads given by India, sources said.

“Issues pertaining to national and regional security were discussed during the meeting,” the Prime Minister’s Office said in a brief statement.

The meeting was attended by Ishaq Dar, Minister for Finance; Nisar Ali Khan, Minister for Interior; Sartaj Aziz, Advisor on Foreign Affairs; Lt Gen (Retd) Nasser Khan Janjua, National Security Advisor; Aizaz Ahmad Chaudhry, Foreign Secretary; Aftab Sultan, chief of Intelligence Bureau and other officials.

A source privy to the details said that the meeting discussed the Pathankot attack and the information shared so far by India.

Navneet Kundu

News says that Doval had 3 detailed telephonic conversations with Paki NSA, 4 hours after the Pathankot attacks. Something is definitely going on, not just on paper, but it seems we have got them on a weak wicket this time with the US and China refusing to support Pakistan and urging them to play fair.

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
And the drama begins :basanti:

http://www.thehindu.com/news/intern...discusses-pathankot-attack/article8077607.ece
Pak PM chairs high-level meeting; discusses Pathankot attack

Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif on Thursday chaired a high-level meeting and discussed the Pathankot terror attack as he directed officials to speed up work on the leads given by India, sources said.

“Issues pertaining to national and regional security were discussed during the meeting,” the Prime Minister’s Office here said in a brief statement.

The meeting was attended by Ishaq Dar, Minister for Finance; Nisar Ali Khan, Minister for Interior; Sartaj Aziz, Advisor on Foreign Affairs; Lt Gen (Retd) Nasser Khan Janjua, National Security Advisor; Aizaz Ahmad Chaudhry, Foreign Secretary; Aftab Sultan, chief of Intelligence Bureau and other officials.

A source privy to the details said that the meeting discussed the Pathankot attack and the information shared so far by India.

“The meeting decided to speed up work on the leads given by India,” he said on anonymity.

Another official said that the information provided by India was not enough as it was just limited to telephone numbers and Pakistan might ask for additional information.

“We would like to have solid information to build a case for action otherwise courts intervene and the suspects are bailed out,” he said.:pound:

He added the meeting agreed that strong action would be taken after probe against anyone found guilty of involvement in the attack. :blah:

The meeting came as India said it is waiting for “prompt and decisive action” as promised by Sharif to Prime Minister Narendra Modi during a telephone call on Tuesday.

India has provided “specific and actionable information in this regard” to Pakistan.

On Wednesday, Pakistan’s army chief Gen Raheel Sharif reaffirmed zero tolerance for terrorist organisations and took a detailed review of overall internal and external security situation in the country.

He made the remarks while presiding over the Corps Commander Conference held at General Headquarters, a statement issued by the Inter Services Public Relations (ISPR) said.

In a pre-dawn attack on January 2, a group of heavily- armed Pakistani terrorists, suspected to be belonging to Jaish-e-Mohammed outfit, struck at the Air Force base in Punjab.

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
News says that Doval had 3 detailed telephonic conversations with Paki NSA, 4 hours after the Pathankot attacks. Something is definitely going on, not just on paper, but it seems we have got them on a weak wicket this time with the US and China refusing to support Pakistan and urging them to play fair.

aise hi thodi duniya ghoom raha hai Baniya ... pakistan is isolated now. ;) even Indira gandhi first travelled world before 1971 war to gain support

Navneet Kundu

True. We have Iran on our side, UAE and now even Bahrain.

Cabinet nod to anti-terrorism pact between India, Bahrain

Link : http://www.business-standard.com/ar...act-between-india-bahrain-116010600437_1.html

Indonesia used to be heavily anti-India but we have made them pro-India over the years. I doubt if Saudi will interfere. The Shia-Sunni conflict is at its peak, Russia is staring down on USA in Syria, Iran is screwing them in Yemen. China is preparing to gobble up Taiwan, N.Korea is doing nuclear tests, all of USA's worst night mares seem to have come true simultaneously. If there is a good time for India to indulge in any military adventurism, it is now!

Last edited:

Batfan

Hahaha...seems to me a start of a larger global conflict

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Navneet Kundu

Nitin Gokhale, reports on how quick decisions saved a repeat of a Mumbai-like carnage at the key air force base.

As more details emerge on the Pathankot terror strike and India's response, it is becoming increasingly clear that the quick decision-making at the highest levels of the country's security apparatus saved a repeat of a Mumbai-like carnage at the frontline airbase.

Information pieced together from multiple conversations I have had with security officials also indicates excellent coordination at the field level, although many half-baked and ill-informed reports have appeared to the contrary.

Although there were generic intelligence reports about infiltration of terrorists into Punjab since the evening of December 31, 2015, the actual story begins post-lunch on New Year's Day when the general intelligence gets crystallised into a specific alert that the target definitely is the Pathankot air base. This is what happens in rapid succession after that:

3 pm: National Security Adviser Ajit Doval convenes a meeting to decide on the next course of action. In attendance are the Army chief, General Dalbir Singh Suhag, the Air Force chief, Air Marshal Arup Raha, and chiefs of intelligence agencies.

4 pm: Meeting concludes with specific tasks allotted to each stakeholder. Army moves nine columns (nearly 1,000 men) from nearby cantonments into the Pathankot airbase.

The National Security Guard is told to get ready with two teams to be flown out from Manesar near Delhi as soon as possible.

6 pm: Army columns start arriving into the air base and get deployed at key locations. Their main task: To secure the air assets in the technical area (fighter aircraft, helicopters, missiles, ammunition dump, etc) and guard the residential quarters that house nearly 3,000 families within the base.

In Delhi NSG teams emplane for Pathankot. They are being pre-positioned in case any hostage situation develops or the terrorists get into houses or built-up areas.

9 pm: The technical area is sealed; NSG gets deployed. The wait and search for terrorists begins. There is no definite information on their exact location.

January 2, 3.30 am: Gunfire is heard; the terrorists have emerged from hiding and have entered the cookhouse of the Defence Security Corps personnel. Four unarmed personnel of the force get killed instantly. One of their unarmed colleagues runs after a terrorist, turns his gun on him and kills him before being shot by other terrorists.

Moments later, a Garud commando confronts the other terrorists, gets shot.

Daybreak: Hunt begins for the well-armed terrorists and a cordon is thrown around a small area of 250 metres by 250 metres. They are suspected to have entered into a building.

By evening, four terrorists are eliminated, one by one, by the army troops who come into action immediately.

After nightfall, the focus area is kept under surveillance with floodlights keeping the area lit. Intermittent firing continues. The advantage is now with the security forces; they have confined the terrorists to a small patch and have the luxury of time to eliminate them in daylight.

Next day the remaining two terrorists are eliminated, but not before a lieutenant colonel dies during the removal of the body of a slain terrorist.

Key takeaways: In the absence of key ministers like Rajnath Singh (home) and Manohar Parrikar (defence) from the capital on January 1, there was no time to lose, to wait for the Cabinet Committee on Security to meet.

Instant decision had to be taken, which was done by the NSA in consultation with the key stakeholders. The swift action saved the day in Pathankot.

Moreover, the terrorists were eliminated before they could achieve their key objective of destroying the air assets or take hostages in the base.

The criticism that the operation took too long is a matter of opinion. If the terrorists were neutralised without losing any further men, it is to the credit of the security forces and their coordination on the ground, notwithstanding the time they took.

There will, of course, be questions asked about the ease with which the terrorists managed to cross the border and also get into the airbase without being detected, but that is a matter of review and revamp.

For the moment, all key players -- from NSA Ajit Doval to senior officers, from the brave but unheralded men of the DSC to the ground troops of the Indian Army, the Garud commandos and the NSG -- need to be commended for a clinically executed anti-terror operation.

Link : http://m.rediff.com/news/special/bl...ction-saved-the-day-in-pathankot/20160107.htm

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles