• Yes India should definitely buy the SU-34

Votes: 10 40.0%
  • No India should not buy SU-34

Votes: 15 60.0%

• Total voters

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Country flag
That's right but seeing all those MKIs being stretched beyond their capacity for all bomb truck missions is too much, let us at least have about 2-3 squadrons of dedicated bombers for that role, and since Su-34 is similar platform it would be easy transition too, i guess.

I wonder how many Brahmos AF version or Nirbhay we could load under Su-34MKI lol :devil:
To be honest ,We could use SU-34 for Naval Strike Operations and We could station Them in Naval Bases like INS Hansa etc.
INS Hansa already Operates Aircrafts like Il 38 MIG-29k, Kamov etc.
SU 34 would be a good option because we could use these as Antiship Platforms.
No matter how much we modify SU-30 MKI under Super Sukhoi,it wouldn't be able to fully perform the Roles of SU-34 ,yes it maybe ,to a Certain Extent but not Fully (I highly Doubt That in my opinion frankly Speaking)
sukhoi-su34-fullback_11.jpg

Last edited:

Super Flanker

Country flag
Small Question here
1) What is the Minimum Distance Required by Sukhoi SU-34 Aircraft to take off? :) :cool1:
In meters and Feet? Just wanted the Answer to This.
sukhoi-su34-fullback_13.jpg

Super Flanker

Country flag
I was thinking about a Hypothetical scenario in which we could station SU-34 fighter-bomber Aircrafts in INS Hansa Naval base in Goa.
sukhoi-su34-fullback_13.jpg

Just researched on the Internet Take Off Distance and Landing Distance of The Sukhoi SU-34 fighter-bomber Aircraft. So I found this Source and it says:
Take Off Distance: 1260 metre - 4,133.81 feet
Landing Distance: 2100 metre - 6,889.68 feet
Here is Link to Source of info which I got the Information From:
now going by This Source I will do my Assumption about the Usage of This Aircraft from INS Hansa Naval base.
So I went to Google Earth and Measured the Distance of The Runaway from One end to another and got 3.38 kms as the Length.
IMG_20211211_191254.jpg

Let's say this is atleast 3.38-3.39 which makes the Length of the Runaway roughly 3,380-3,390 meters in terms of length.
I will take the Measurement as 3.38 kms or 3,380 meters.
so (according to the Source)the landing and Take-off distance is
Take Off Distance: 1260 metre - 4,133.81 feet
Landing Distance: 2100 metre - 6,889.68 fe
So the SU-34 will have no problem operating from here comfortably(Share your opinion on this and point me out if I am wrong guys)

Super Flanker

Country flag
View attachment 124610
A dream that probably wouldn't come true, but a dream nonetheless...
Rightly said. But it's not a very far fetched thing in my opinion to say the least. SU-34 is a good platform and there always the Chance that we might acquire it one day but the Chances are pretty low to say the least in my opinion frankly speaking.

Adm Kenobi

Country flag
To be honest ,We could use SU-34 for Naval Strike Operations and We could station Them in Naval Bases like INS Hansa etc.
INS Hansa already Operates Aircrafts like Il 38 MIG-29k, Kamov etc.
SU 34 would be a good option because we could use these as Antiship Platforms.
No matter how much we modify SU-30 MKI under Super Sukhoi,it wouldn't be able to fully perform the Roles of SU-34 ,yes it maybe ,to a Certain Extent but not Fully (I highly Doubt That in my opinion frankly Speaking)
View attachment 124624
We can, su 34 is an excellent aircraft for carrying out bombing & ASh role.
But we really don't need it, around 2 sq of MKI can carry BrahMos A.
With BrahMos NG & Nirbhay, even LCA AF MK2 can carry 2 BrahMos NG (3× 1,800kg certified wing pylons). Maintaining these will be cheaper than su-34, su-34 has a great advantage of range & endurance. But Super sukhoi & TEDBF can perform long range/endurance ops when required.

& buying 2-3 sq of a new aircraft can be a logistical mess, given we will be operating 3 more jets in the coming decade, LCA MK2, AMCA, TEDBF. Even 4 if IAF goes for some other aircraft instead of Rafale in MRCA.
We don't need Super sukhoi to compete with su34, we just need it to fulfil our requirements, that's enough for us.
Sadly, there is no space for su34 in our inventory. :/

Super Flanker

Country flag
With BrahMos NG & Nirbhay, even LCA AF MK2 can carry 2 BrahMos NG (3× 1,800kg certified wing pylons). Maintaining these will be cheaper than su-34, su-34 has a great advantage of range & endurance. But Super sukhoi & TEDBF can perform long range/endurance ops when required.

& buying 2-3 sq of a new aircraft can be a logistical mess, given we will be operating 3 more jets in the coming decade, LCA MK2, AMCA, TEDBF. Even 4 if IAF goes for some other aircraft instead of Rafale in MRCA.
We don't need Super sukhoi to compete with su34, we just need it to fulfil our requirements, that's enough for us.
I agree with what you have Just written.🙂

Angel of War

Country flag
I am strictly against IAF buying anymore Russian aircraft and SU 34 is included in that. We need Multi role fighters not Ground attack aircraft . SU 30MKI can carry the same amount of payload that a SU 34 can.

Super Flanker

Country flag

I agree with you and what you have Written in your post Above. All I want to say lastly is That SU-34 is a Great platform in my opinion and it's a really Nice Aircraft that's all. But not for India. Have a nice day ahead mate🙂

Super Flanker

Country flag
I am strictly against IAF buying anymore Russian aircraft and SU 34 is included in that. We need Multi role fighters not Ground attack aircraft . SU 30MKI can carry the same amount of payload that a SU 34 can.
I agree with what you have said. SU-34 is a very nice plane and is excellent in it's Class but our current SU-30 MKI Aircraft will be able to Fulfill all its roles and some other things. Russian products Require high costs for Maintenance and they are Expensive in the long run. Rather just modify SU-30 MKI to fill our requirements.
maxresdefault-8.jpg

Super Flanker

Country flag
How many SU34s are in service with the Ruskies ?
Wikipedia says that Russia has about 128 SU 34 in Service with the Russian Airforce. Could be more or could be less. Can't say because Wikipedia is not always a Reliable Source of info.
IMG_20211211_222128.jpg

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles