Sukhoi Su 30MKI

gadeshi

Is it possible to use flat rated version of item 30 on MKI upgrade? It will bring huge advantages with commonality with FGFA.
Yes, and UAC CEO Yuriy Sliusar stated that directly, but you need to replace air intakes for that to fulfill 25% higher air consumption.

Отправлено с моего XT1080 через Tapatalk

gadeshi

1st. Induction of FGFA is doubtful.
2nd. Item-30 is still not ready. Prototype by next year and induction by 2020 end.

AL-31F is quite fine for su-30mki as it has more power with less fuel consumption. It is planned for SUPER SUKHOI Upgrade.
1 - Donno, as your AF will decide.
2 - 2020 is quite fine for Item 30, but the most probable is Al-41F-1S (Item 117S) usage for Super Sukhoi MLU update.

shiphone

Country flag
two kinds of typical so called "Underground Hangars"...

timg.jpg

----------------
man-made Aircraft cavern with taxi-strip (also as emergency Taking-off Runway)to the main Runway in some AFB.

QQ截图20170522161443.jpg

another kind of man-made "Underground" hangar of an AFB in the plain area

QQ截图20170522161357.jpg

------------
so...lol....

try 28°25'18.56"N/ 79°27'5.12"E... and you may find the so called Underground Hangar in Bareilly......or not?

BTW, after the criticism for exposing the Sophisticated war machine under the sunshine resulting in accidents, IAF is busy building the sun shelter for the big warplanes here and there...meanwhile, some new bigger Hardened aircraft shelters are under construction on the same site of knocked down old small ones or new locations ...

QQ截图20170522170059.jpg

Last edited:

TPFscopes

Rest in Peace
try 28°25'18.56"N/ 79°27'5.12"E... and you may find the so called Underground Hangar in Bareilly......or not?

BTW, after the criticism for exposing the Sophisticated war machine under the sunshine resulting in accidents, IAF is busy building the sun shelter for the big warplanes here and there...meanwhile, some new bigger Hardened aircraft shelters are under construction on the same site of knocked down old small ones or new locations ...

View attachment 16067
I personally visited Bareilly AFB yesterday.
New bigger hardened shelters are in construction for stretegic storages.
Bareilly AFB has Protected storage capacity for nearly 30-35 jets whereas new under-construction shelters can store bigger transport Aircrafts and air Defense systems.
Bareilly AFB has a very busy schedule for training & practice sorties ( may be a reason behind to put jets for sunbathing)

ash2win

Yes, and UAC CEO Yuriy Sliusar stated that directly, but you need to replace air intakes for that to fulfill 25% higher air consumption.

What if we don't want the extra thrust, re design still needed?

gadeshi

What if we don't want the extra thrust, re design still needed?
For Item 30 - yes, for Al-41F-1S (Item 117S) - no, but less extra thrust :)

sbm

Country flag
Do the HAS with the CBRN protection have doors? If so, then EMP protection of some level is provided.

sbm

Country flag
TPFscopes, when you say about the hardened storage, does that include underground aircraft hangars too at Bareilly?

TPFscopes

Rest in Peace
TPFscopes, when you say about the hardened storage, does that include underground aircraft hangars too at Bareilly?
Yup

sbm

Country flag
Thanks man. Do other AFBs have underground hangars for fighters - Hindon, Adampur etc? Or is Hindon only for transports? Do the new above ground HAS have doors?

TPFscopes

Rest in Peace
Thanks man. Do other AFBs have underground hangars for fighters - Hindon, Adampur etc? Or is Hindon only for transports? Do the new above ground HAS have doors?
Hindon AFB
No. 77 Squadron - Lockheed C-130J Super Hercules
No. 81 Squadron - C-17 Globemaster III
No. 129 Helicopter Unit - Mi-17

As I said before, all forward AFBs have sufficient Protected Hangers for Aircrafts. Right now there is a construction work for bigger stretegic storage houses is going on at other AFBs, for storage of ammunition, AD systems and other sophisticated materials & machines.

Further detailed information may have Indian National Security.

sbm

Country flag
I know - and not seeking to harm anything, but wonder, if there is an underground hangar at Hindon (I know the squadrons assigned there) can fighters fit in there? I have seen many of the old model HAS used at forward bases. What I wonder is if the new ones have doors? In a CBRN environment, it would be impossible to seal HAS without doors. Even decontamination post fact will be complicated by continual ingress of contamination.

Remember that photo I posted? The HAS with the sliding doors? Is that one of the new model HAS being deployed?

TPFscopes

Rest in Peace
I know - and not seeking to harm anything, but wonder, if there is an underground hangar at Hindon (I know the squadrons assigned there) can fighters fit in there? I have seen many of the old model HAS used at forward bases. What I wonder is if the new ones have doors? In a CBRN environment, it would be impossible to seal HAS without doors. Even decontamination post fact will be complicated by continual ingress of contamination.

Remember that photo I posted? The HAS with the sliding doors? Is that one of the new model HAS being deployed?
Yup, There are HAS with no doors at Hindon AFB but I've no I formation about Underground hangers.
Presently , IAF have under-construction large stretegic Protection storages with slide doors facility.
Forward bases have no door because IAF thinks that after even a slight bombing , the doors may jam and delay the counter strike. But stretegic storages have doors.

sbm

Country flag
That is interesting. Half of the HAS are CBRN proof right? Wonder how they do that? Washing systems etc? As a point of interest, in Syria, the no-door HAS proved a bit of a problem as ATGMs and RPGs were used to hit aircraft in the shelters. Hope we learn a few lessons - even external sliding doors on casters like with NATO. Are Indian HAS to NATO standard?

captscooby81

Country flag
Relax dude we have everything what it needs to protect those few aircrafts we have got and govt is doing everything to improve it if not keep it worst ..Well now everything need not has to be put in open forums ...Remember We also have robust Air Defence system the enemy has to penetrate it before even making a surprise raid on our AFBs....and why are you much worried about CBRN who in right mind is going to use those ....???

That is interesting. Half of the HAS are CBRN proof right? Wonder how they do that? Washing systems etc? As a point of interest, in Syria, the no-door HAS proved a bit of a problem as ATGMs and RPGs were used to hit aircraft in the shelters. Hope we learn a few lessons - even external sliding doors on casters like with NATO. Are Indian HAS to NATO standard?

sbm

Country flag
Umm... CBRN readiness has been an issue for some time. Risk of a low level CBRN terror hit to disrupt operations or in the future an EMP device. Moreover, the issue of the AD network has been cause for concern. Not that it is bad but the planned cut backs to the SAM network could be short-sighted.
The doors on the HAS come out from the Pathankot and Syrian experience.

captscooby81

Country flag
Terrorist getting CBRN well looks like you are in wrong forum you should be talking about that in Paki defence forum one county which can loose its nuke s anytime to terrorist ..Let me assure you even in Paki also the nuke s are kept way way inaccessible to the terrorist ..Well now coming to our point where on earth a jihadi in our country is going to get RPG or ATGM and reach our AFBs perimeter ..

And trust me if a terrorist use a CBRN attack anywhere in india then my friend thats a death cheque written by pakistan which india will encash without a second thought to the last penny in their account ...

Umm... CBRN readiness has been an issue for some time. Risk of a low level CBRN terror hit to disrupt operations. Moreover, the issue of the AD network has been cause for concern. Not that it is bad but the planned cut backs to the SAM network could be short-sighted.

Global Defence

Articles