Sukhoi Su 30MKI

sbm

Country flag
I am curious as to whether blast doors are being fitted. It is really annoying that Indian HAS don't have them. For ORP aircraft I can understand but the others?

TPFscopes

Rest in Peace
Underground Hangers are special kind of HAS

The Indian Air Force operates underground hangars. Sukhoi Su-30 MKI have been stationed at Trishul Air-base situated in Bareilly, Uttar Pradesh, India. It houses one of the largest underground hangars in Asia.

Hindon, situated in Uttar Pradesh, a 5 minutes flight from Delhi is the 8th largest in the world, with one of the most complex and massive underground hangars and facilities. It is the home base for C-130J, C-17 Globemaster and Mi-17.

Adampur, situated in Punjab, houses an air-base with underground hangars. It is the home base for MiG-29s.

NOTE: No pics are available

TPFscopes

Rest in Peace
Good News:
More Hardened Hangars are under construction at various Stretegically important Air bases and all forward air force bases. Some are also planned to be constructed near Highway airstrips of various locations.

More info will be shared soon.

gadeshi

Good News:
More Hardened Hangars are under construction at various Stretegically important Air bases and all forward air force bases. Some are also planned to be constructed near Highway airstrips of various locations.

More info will be shared soon.
Don't they build hangars the like for S-400 units?

Отправлено с моего XT1080 через Tapatalk

sbm

Country flag
Is it confirmed there are underground hangars? I have seen one TOI report about Trishul air base but none of the others.

TPFscopes

Rest in Peace
Has anyone seen any Su-30MKI in HAS? I've seen them in storm shelters but no HAS. I know a new HAS was needed but anyone has seen one?
Good news is that, All IAF has Sufficient HAS and Underground Hangers
Right now, IAF is concentrating on the construction of Hardened storage houses to store stretegic and sophisticated material & Machines.
And another good news is that IAF already completed this work on all forward bases of West and may be (Not confirmed) in the east except Hasimara Air Force base.

sbm

Country flag
That is very good. Are the HAS and underground hangars EMP and CBRN protected? The open door HAS were certainly not.

TPFscopes

Rest in Peace
That is very good. Are the HAS and underground hangars EMP and CBRN protected? The open door HAS were certainly not.
All Underground hangers and almost half of HAS are CBRN Protected but can't confirm EMP Protection.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Good news is that, All IAF has Sufficient HAS and Underground Hangers
Right now, IAF is concentrating on the construction of Hardened storage houses to store stretegic and sophisticated material & Machines.
And another good news is that IAF already completed this work on all forward bases of West and may be (Not confirmed) in the east except Hasimara Air Force base.
I remember someone complaining about MiG-29s being left in the open.

TPFscopes

Rest in Peace
I remember someone complaining about MiG-29s being left in the open.
Bareilly AFB has more than sufficient hangers but they let their Su-30MKIs under the open skies due to tight mock drills schedule.
But you can't find jets under open skies , in forward AFBs

ash2win

This is directly the opposite :)
Al-41F-1S has 15% more fuel effective than any Al-31F version.
And BTW, Al-41FP is low-series non-TVC version for Su-33 (Al-31F Series 12) which has 13500kgs on emergency regime, so it will never go to Su-30MKI.
Another option could be Al-31F-M1 (Al-31F Series 42), but why to get it when you can offer much better 117S (Al-41F-1S)???

Отправлено с моего XT1080 через Tapatalk
Is it possible to use flat rated version of item 30 on MKI upgrade? It will bring huge advantages with commonality with FGFA.

TPFscopes

Rest in Peace
Is it possible to use flat rated version of item 30 on MKI upgrade? It will bring huge advantages with commonality with FGFA.
1st. Induction of FGFA is doubtful.
2nd. Item-30 is still not ready. Prototype by next year and induction by 2020 end.

AL-31F is quite fine for su-30mki as it has more power with less fuel consumption. It is planned for SUPER SUKHOI Upgrade.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles