Sukhoi Su 30MKI

kstriya

Country flag
What are the enhancements planned in the super Sukoi variant above the SU 30 MKI?

Ved

Now PAF should be worried indeed. So will be PLAAF. It will be impossible to defend targets from Brahmos with such high speed in excess of Mach3+.

Range makes it even deadlier. I am sure the air launched Brahmos range well exceeds 300 km depending on altitude of release.

All in all a tremendous air strike package.

smestarz

Country flag
Do you have an idea what sort of upgrades are we talking of for Super Sukhoi upgrades?
Engines? Radar? Avionics? please do enlighten if you have some info , most info available is vague.

There is Su-35S cockpit on your photo.
However, MKI will get this during Super Sukhoi MLU programme.

Отправлено с моего XT1080 через Tapatalk

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Country flag
40 Sukhois to be modified to integrate BrahMos: HAL
Bengaluru, June 25: Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd (HAL) said on Saturday that 40 frontline fighter Sukhoi would be modified to integrate the air version of supersonic cruise missile BrahMos.
HAL chairman T S Raju said that Saturday's successful demonstration flight of Sukhoi with BrahMos missile in a 'Mass Dimensional' profile is a perfect example of Make in India.

"It's an engineering marvel in the aviation history of India. It proves that when all agencies come together with one mission, there is nothing impossible," says Raju.
HAL said its Nashik Division took up the challenge of creating all necessary data without any assistance from the Original Equipment Manufacturer - the Irkut Corporation.

"It is not the techno-economics of the project, but HAL's commitment to self-reliance which made HAL to sign the contract with BrahMos Aerospace in 2014 for modification of two Su30 MKI aircraft for integration of BrahMos missile," says Raju.
HAL handed over the first modified Sukhoi to the Indian Air Force during Aero India 2015.
Sukhoi does demo flight with BrahMos missile
Earlier HAL officials had earlier told OneIndia that the integrating the missile was a challenging task for Nasik.
Division, owing to the limited design data of Su-30 MkI available with them.
The home-grown launcher designed and developed by BrahMos Aerospace Thiruvananthapuram Limited was used during today's mission.
Read more about:
Sukhoi|Brahmos|Cruise Missile|HAL

Saichand K

Country flag
One question is that, during deep technology ToT of AL-31 engine from Russia to HAL, did this ToT benefit Kaveri program?

gadeshi

One question is that, during deep technology ToT of AL-31 engine from Russia to HAL, did this ToT benefit Kaveri program?
Nooo. Kaveri is dead and it was dead from its birth day 1. It was just a try. A failed one.

And nobody has said that 117/Item 30 tech will be TOT-ted.

AnantS

Country flag
On thing I read about Kaveri somewhere, the crystal blade generation that we have developed and are productionizing is ahead of AL 31 in terms of generation. AL 31 hot section know how has not been parted, We get Raw material for hot section from Russia. What we aimed with Kaveri is much higher than what RD 33 possessed.

Kaveri is not dead but will used for Indian UCAV. Meanwhile 100 Kn Turbine development based on tech developed during Kaveri is underway (or will be underway). Kaveri hence lives on.

gadeshi

On thing I read about Kaveri somewhere, the crystal blade generation that we have developed and are productionizing is ahead of AL 31 in terms of generation. AL 31 hot section know how has not been parted, We get Raw material for hot section from Russia. What we aimed with Kaveri is much higher than what RD 33 possessed.

Kaveri is not dead but will used for Indian UCAV. Meanwhile 100 Kn Turbine development based on tech developed during Kaveri is underway (or will be underway). Kaveri hence lives on.
Generally Kaveri was between RD-33 and Al-31 in tech level. Superior than RD-33 and inferior to Al-31 series 30 (not speaking about series 40 and 42).

AnantS

Country flag
Generally Kaveri was between RD-33 and Al-31 in tech level. Superior than RD-33 and inferior to Al-31 series 30 (not speaking about series 40 and 42).

Gadeshi, the specs and tech developed in Kaveri development, can be used to build a scaled up engine with Al 31 like specifications. What I am not sure about is how that scaled Up Kaveri would fare against Al 31 in MTBF figures. I suppose Al 31 would be superior. As, Russians definitely have metallurgy and engineering experience -an advantage, compared to India or China. I am not talking about latest AL series which are for Su 35 and Pak FA, which of course are vastly superior.

Last edited:

gadeshi

Gadeshi, the specs and tech developed in Kaveri development, can be used to build a scaled up engine with Al 31 like specifications. What I am not sure about is how that scaled Up Kaveri would fare against Al 31 in MTBF figures. I suppose Al 31 would be superior. As, Russians definitely have metallurgy and engineering experience -an advantage, compared to India or China. I am not talking about latest AL series which are for Su 35 and Pak FA, which of course are vastly superior.
I'm not talking about 117 (Al-41 series), just about Al-31F mid and late series (series 30 to 42). I will describe the differences later on.

Last edited:

WolfPack86

Country flag
Future of the Indian army & indian Air Force- Howitzer gun & Brahmos fighter jet version

WolfPack86

Country flag
Indian Air Force Backbone Sukhoi-30 MKI in Action - indian air force su-30mki Fighter Jet

smestarz

Country flag
These might be what is used by IAF. perhaps the second photo is of armament of Mirage 2000, it has Magic II missile. thats something only Mirage 2000 uses and definitely not Su-30 MKI

Indian Air Force Bombs and Missiles

Articles