Sukhoi Su 30MKI

Tang

Country flag
Are Russian weapons good? Although the NO11 radar is a PESA, the back-end processing system is still an analog circuit, and the peak power is only 1.6KW. And due to the limited scanning angle, a mechanical rotating base is installed, which adds a lot of Many people say that the detection distance is long. In fact, this is a problem of measurement standards. Russian radars usually concentrate a very narrow beam at a height of 2000m to scan, while China and the United States scan at a height of 1000m. According to Chinese standards, the performance of the Su35 radar is only 70% of the Russian advertised performance. In fact, the performance of the NO11M radar and the 1493 on the J11B and the APG71 on the F14D are not much different, and even some are behind.
I bet the RCS value of su30MKI is greater than that of Su-27. First of all, two-seater will increase the height, plus the canard, the RCS value will definitely increase.
The thing is nobody trust the numbers Chinese give for missiles, radars or anything.

World is not as stupid as pakistanis to believe Chinese stats and regret later as Pakis are doing.

If tou think russian missiles and radars is not upto the standard, see you in the next war.

Btw all the Chinese clones of 27 are substandard compared to Su30MKI, while only J16 is somewhat close.

lixun

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
your statement is pretty wrong, Tempest will have a super radar thanks to new engines generating lots of voltage.
View attachment 106352
Su-30 generates more electricity, they also have batteries but bateries add weight, a smarter way is generate electricity with the engines, Sorry your chinese pride might be offended but J-10 can not compete with a twin engine Su-30 in radar potentiality.

J-20 is different
I don’t know what revolutionary changes will be made in the future, but AL31, RD33, WS10, and J79 are all powered by the upper receiver. F16, su27, su30, and radars all have independent power supply systems, just behind the radar.

lixun

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I am not wrong, the Su-27K/Su-33 had canards to improve lower speeds.

Su-27M/Su-35/Su-37 had a heavier nose thus needed canards to regain lift.

Su-30MKI is basically a Su-30 with canards using the expertise gained by Su-35/Su-27M
Look for the photos of su27 yourself, compare the F14 with the same central lifting body , because the N001 radar is too heavy and too large, the landing gear of the su27 is moved backwards, when it comes to su30, you have to raise the body to add a second seat. This also leads to increased aircraft drag and reduced range, which has nothing to do with the weight of the nose

MiG-29SMT

Country flag
I don’t know what revolutionary changes will be made in the future, but AL31, RD33, WS10, and J79 are all powered by the upper receiver. F16, su27, su30, and radars all have independent power supply systems, just behind the radar.
all engines generate electricity, and you are stubburn trying to prove J-10 will outperform Su-30 in radar range, that is no possible, simply by volume less volume less batteries

lixun

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
all engines generate electricity, and you are stubburn trying to prove J-10 will outperform Su-30 in radar range, that is no possible, simply by volume less volume less batteries
I did not say that the J10 radar is better than the su30, I just tell you that the engine thrust has nothing to do with the aircraft's power generation

MiG-29SMT

Country flag
I did not say that the J10 radar is better than the su30, I just tell you that the engine thrust has nothing to do with the aircraft's power generation
Engineers built the first generation of GE aeroderivatives called LM100 from a helicopter engine in the late 1950s. The next machine, the LM1500, had inside components from GE’s first supersonic engine — the J79 — and generated more than 10,000 kilowatts. GE Power kept improving on the design, building aeroderivatives from the CF6 engine, which powers Air Force One and many other Boeing 747s, as well the F404 engine used by F/A-18 Hornet and F-117 Nighthawk military jets. Aeroderivatives based on these engines generate electricity in remote corners of the world and also power the world’s fastest passenger ferry.

https://www.ge.com/news/reports/ge-...ds-largest-jet-engine-65-megawatt-power-plant

lixun

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
The thing is nobody trust the numbers Chinese give for missiles, radars or anything.

World is not as stupid as pakistanis to believe Chinese stats and regret later as Pakis are doing.

If tou think russian missiles and radars is not upto the standard, see you in the next war.

Btw all the Chinese clones of 27 are substandard compared to Su30MKI, while only J16 is somewhat close.
If you say that China’s data are all fake, then I have nothing to say, JF17 radar and LCA radar have at least the same performance. From this we can see the level of Chinese radar.

lixun

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Engineers built the first generation of GE aeroderivatives called LM100 from a helicopter engine in the late 1950s. The next machine, the LM1500, had inside components from GE’s first supersonic engine — the J79 — and generated more than 10,000 kilowatts. GE Power kept improving on the design, building aeroderivatives from the CF6 engine, which powers Air Force One and many other Boeing 747s, as well the F404 engine used by F/A-18 Hornet and F-117 Nighthawk military jets. Aeroderivatives based on these engines generate electricity in remote corners of the world and also power the world’s fastest passenger ferry.

https://www.ge.com/news/reports/ge-...ds-largest-jet-engine-65-megawatt-power-plant
I know that gas turbines are divided into aeroderivatives and industrial engines. After that, does it have any relationship with the electrical energy of the aircraft?

lixun

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
If the bigger the aircraft, the better the radar, then why did su27 lose to Gripen at BVR

MiG-29SMT

Country flag
I know that gas turbines are divided into aeroderivatives and industrial engines. After that, does it have any relationship with the electrical energy of the aircraft?
F404 is the engine powering F-18

In 2016, GE successfully extracted power from jet engines to generate electricity for future aircraft requirements. With help from NASA and the USAF, GE demonstrated a “dual-spool” extraction of one megawatt of power from a F110 fighter engine by pulling 250 kilowatts from the engine’s high-pressure turbine and 750 kilowatts from the low-pressure turbine.

lixun

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
the answer is easy, depends in the radar not on the electricity generated.

Su-35 will overwhelm a Gripen, do not ask a foolish question J-11 are old and very likely China took the oldest aircraft
One is an inverted Caserengen antenna, the other is a pulse Doppler antenna,
A trouble-free time of 40 hours, a trouble-free time of 220 hours,
A transmission power of 600W and a transmission power of 1000W,
An analog filter array and medium-scale digital circuit, a very large-scale integrated circuit

BON PLAN

-*-
Country flag
Generally speaking, the radar has independent power supply facilities, and the power supply capacity of the aircraft has nothing to do with the engine thrust. The engine of the JH7 is Spey MK202, but the power generation is larger than that of the J16.
All the power on a fighter come from the engine(s).

lixun

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
F404 is the engine powering F-18

In 2016, GE successfully extracted power from jet engines to generate electricity for future aircraft requirements. With help from NASA and the USAF, GE demonstrated a “dual-spool” extraction of one megawatt of power from a F110 fighter engine by pulling 250 kilowatts from the engine’s high-pressure turbine and 750 kilowatts from the low-pressure turbine.

If I remember correctly, the F110 is the YF23 engine. This technology is still a long time away from practicality.

MiG-29SMT

Country flag
If I remember correctly, the F110 is the YF23 engine. This technology is still a long time away from practicality.
The emergency power unit (EPU) for the General Dynamics F-16 “Fighting Falcon” aircraft provides electrical and hydraulic power in the event of main engine generator or hydraulic pump failure or an engine-out condition. The unit is powered by main engine bleed air, or by the decomposition products of H-70 fuel (a hydrazine-water mixture), or a combination of both. This paper describes the emergency power unit and discusses the use of H-70 on the flight line

GE Aviation Awarded $707 Million for F110 engine production
In the last two months, business has been awarded more than $1.2 billion in military contracts

April 30, 2020

CINCINNATIGE Aviation’s F110 engine continues to remain the engine of choice of advanced F-15 and F-16 aircraft around the world.
This month, the U.S. Air Force Life Cycle Management Center (AFLCMC) awarded GE Aviation four contract actions valued at around $707 million for F110-GE-129 engine production. These contracts which fall under an existing indefinite-delivery/indefinite-quantity (IDIQ) contract, will provide F110 engines, installs, spares and modernized engine management system computers for Lockheed Martin F-16C/D Block 70 aircraft, as well as the Boeing F-15QA Advanced Eagle. The contracts involve Foreign Military Sales to Bulgaria, Slovakia, Qatar and Taiwan.

Tang

Country flag
If you say that China’s data are all fake, then I have nothing to say, JF17 radar and LCA radar have at least the same performance. From this we can see the level of Chinese radar.
Again Chinese stat for KJ7?
Btw even then Tejas radar is better for MK1.
MK1a is far far better.

Articles