Sukhoi PAK FA

gadeshi

A very badly written article. But whatever.
Yeah, just look at the radar comparison chart - how do they know about N036 LPI or ECM capabilities to judge them limited, while we all in Russia don't know anything about it?

p2prada

Yeah, just look at the radar comparison chart - how do they know about N036 LPI or ECM capabilities to judge them limited, while we all in Russia don't know anything about it?
It's easy. Type what you want. People who think PAKFA is crap will believe it. So simple. :)

Drsomnath999

lord of 32 teeth
Country flag
Well refference to this article above

i found this part really interesting

According to a document from the Komsomolsk-on-Amur plant recently leaked on the internet,the airframe-building jigs will be modified after the completion of T-50-6-1; this may suggest that T-50-6-2 and later aircraft will be significantly different from their predecessors.
Hmm that would be interesting what significant changes the author may be implying ,We have to wait to find our answers

CHEERS

gadeshi

Well refference to this article above

i found this part really interesting

Hmm that would be interesting what significant changes the author may be implying ,We have to wait to find our answers

CHEERS
It was known some 2 months ago from the KnA insiders though.
There will be 01-6-1 for static and strength tests and 01-6-2 (01-7) for flight tests in new configuration.

Drsomnath999

lord of 32 teeth
Country flag
It was known some 2 months ago from the KnA insiders though.
There will be 01-6-1 for static and strength tests and 01-6-2 (01-7) for flight tests in new configuration.
what new configuration in the sense exactly!!

give us some hint

CHEERS

Austin

I would hazard a guess and say after obtaining all the data from the hundreds of flight test they would refine the aerodynamics and optimises the structure for right load which would result in weight savings......things you can only do after having all the data accumulated in all combat regiemes of flight.

Also we would see later prototypes adding RCS reduction features that was missing in prototypes so far.

I would be surprised if the changes are significant but more of evolution based on past performance of prototypes.

gadeshi

what new configuration in the sense exactly!!

give us some hint

CHEERS
First of all, we all have seen a long reinforcement patches on all the prototypes backs. They must be eliminated but the internal structure must be broper reinforced instead. The other patched areas (horizontal stabs, engine naccels, fuselage tail back) must be reworked the same way.

Also VVS had confirmed by the test results that aircraft is freely 2.35-2.6M capable, so additional strength is required.

It is hard to say what will be done in RCS field, but we know that it will be improved (actually pushed to the edge of possible with not to harm flight envelope).

It is also speculated about more place in each of the MWBs, but this is not confirmed either.

gadeshi

The only rear AESA variant possible (modular N036B on rear position):

But the internal "sting" structure is that:

Last edited:

Austin

Series delivery of fifth-generation T-50 plane to RF Air Force to start 2016

KOMSOMOLSK-ON-AMUR, December 25. /ITAR-TASS/. The programme of tests of the Prospective Airborne Complex of Frontline Aviation (PAK FA), also known as the fifth-generation fighter or T-50, is going successfully, and series deliveries of the aircraft to the Russian Air Force will begin in 2016, Air Force Commander-in-Chief Lieutenant General Viktor Bondarev told reporters on Wednesday.

"The industry has manufactures five aircraft that are undergoing tests. By March 2014, one of them will be delivered to us, to the 929th State Flight Test Centre (GLITS) for further testing," the commander said during a visit to the Komsomolsk-on-Amur-based plant of the Sukhoi aviation holding.

T-50 is confirming the performance objectives, Bondarev said. He noted that the series deliveries of the T-50 fighter would begin in 2016. "There are no reasons to worry over the program implementation so far," said the commander, adding that the Air Force might receive the T-50 fighter even earlier, if "the flight trials pass quickly.

he-man

we made a mistake in not opting for few units of i st phase,damn

bad decision considering rafale's won't even start coming before mid 2017 -18

cloud

Country flag
we made a mistake in not opting for few units of i st phase,damn

bad decision considering rafale's won't even start coming before mid 2017 -18
There is no mistake in FGFA decision til now, mistake was in delaying the MRCA decision. More then that, We should have produced more Mirage through license production in India when there was a time. Be assured that Chinese won't have J-20/J-31 as capable and operational before FGFA, even if we may see the propaganda news from them having it gone into serial production etc.

he-man

There is no mistake in FGFA decision til now, mistake was in delaying the MRCA decision. More then that, We should have produced more Mirage through license production in India when there was a time. Be assured that Chinese won't have J-20/J-31 as capable and operational before FGFA, even if we may see the propaganda news from them having it gone into serial production etc.
i still stick to my guns

there is a problem now as we have entered a growth rate of 4-5%

there is a concern as we have to get at least 150 pakfa's too at 100 million per aircraft along with at least 6 billion $ r and d funding.

on the same time we want 126 rafales for 20-25 billion,,,develop tejas mk2,,keep on producing mk1!!
this is simply too much at one point of time!!

we should have instead opted for more su-30 upgraded with equipment that comes out of pakfa program and spent the rest of the money on mk2 or even amca later on.

as much as ppl make u believe that funding is not a problem,it will be if growth dosen't pick up and right now no one knows for sure.

cloud

Country flag
i still stick to my guns

there is a problem now as we have entered a growth rate of 4-5%

there is a concern as we have to get at least 150 pakfa's too at 100 million per aircraft along with at least 6 billion $ r and d funding.

on the same time we want 126 rafales for 20-25 billion,,,develop tejas mk2,,keep on producing mk1!!
this is simply too much at one point of time!!

we should have instead opted for more su-30 upgraded with equipment that comes out of pakfa program and spent the rest of the money on mk2 or even amca later on.

as much as ppl make u believe that funding is not a problem,it will be if growth doesn't pick up and right now no one knows for sure.
Be assured FGFA won't be anything cheaper then 135 Million$(if the deal includes the other things apart from just fly away cost as for rafale) and could be even more. Yes the problem is right now. But the 1 or 2 squadron of earlier models of PAKFA will not really give much advantage over Rafale, if the supposed enemy is yet to get fully operational 5th Gen fighter. I'm not concern about the funding, even if we go into more slow growth, it can be managed as the payment will be over the years and India will only grow due to its hard working population, no matter how many scams. For Russia upgrading the current version of Pakfa will be quite easy and cheap, but it won't be for us. That is the reason why the Rafale is still being pushed. Though I support your argument for going full throttle for MK2 and dump the rafale, but it still will be at the mercy of US(due to engine) for at-least a decade or even more. Uncle can always say no more engines after 300 nos. In today's scenario it all comes down to engine for the most of the part while developing a fighter jet. as other tech equipments can be bought from many other vendors though they may be of little less quality, but can always be upgraded later.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles