Sukhoi PAK FA

black eagle

Country flag
Thats what I am talking about. on webpage it looks like a latest news and talks about FGFA . Hope its true but it seems very difficult to have flying prototype in next 4 months.
m telling you man its an old news re posted.. that website is full of old news... just go n have a look...

black eagle

Country flag
Thats what I am talking about. on webpage it looks like a latest news and talks about FGFA . Hope its true but it seems very difficult to have flying prototype in next 4 months.
but lets hope for our sake that the news is new & true.....

Hud

A respectable Aussie aviation site is saying that J20 is more stealthier than PAK FA.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
A respectable Aussie aviation site is saying that J20 is more stealthier than PAK FA.
If you are referring to APA, you are misusing the term respectable. Kopp gave up that title a couple years ago when his obsession for the F-22, and hatred for F-35, infected his judgment to the point of saying anything to advance his agenda.

Crusader53

If you are referring to APA, you are misusing the term respectable. Kopp gave up that title a couple years ago when his obsession for the F-22, and hatred for F-35, infected his judgment to the point of saying anything to advance his agenda.
Funny, on how APA (i.e.Dr. Kopp) make such wild claims without access to any 5th Generation Designs.

black eagle

Country flag

Are these image real?? Coz if the engines are so visible then how can it be stealthy???

p2prada

Are these image real?? Coz if the engines are so visible then how can it be stealthy???
Yeah. These images are real.

The problem is mostly solved by addition of radar blockers like this;

Now this is placed in front of the compressor blades and blocks EM waves from entering. Whatever manages to get in will have to come out again through the radar blocker and thus significantly reduces chances of detection.

This is also used on SH and F-15SE. I guess it is also present on Su-35BM.

Last edited by a moderator:

black eagle

Country flag
Yeah. These images are real.

The problem is mostly solved by addition of radar blockers like this;

Now this is placed in front of the compressor blades and blocks EM waves from entering. Whatever manages to get in will have to come out again through the radar blocker and thus significantly reduces chances of detection.

This is also used on SH and F-15SE. I guess it is also present on Su-35BM.
But is it as efficient as having a curved intake?? i mean some amount of EM waves would still be deflected, right?? whereas in a curved intake atleast the engine stays invisible & out of line of sight... correct me if i am wrong.....

Last edited by a moderator:

p2prada

Funny, on how APA (i.e.Dr. Kopp) make such wild claims without access to any 5th Generation Designs.
Kopp is quite respected by Analysts. But he is not the Bible of aviation. So, while some of his analysis is quite true some may come across as biased as we see in his criticism of the F-35.

The J-20, with so little information available, will come under obvious speculation because it seems to be more developed than the T-50 in external stealth for obvious reasons. Now we don't know to what level T-50 will mature too and neither do we know to the extent J-20 will mature as viable fifth gen platforms. So, crediting the statement that J-20 could be superior in stealth to T-50 as a paranoid man's delusions is discounted. He could be right for all we know.

There is nothing wrong with the F-35 version that they are getting. His worries are mainly in the WVR domain against fighters with better kinematic performance. But, the Australians don't have an enemy.

p2prada

But is it as efficient as having a curved intake?? i mean some amount of EM waves would still be deflected, right?? whereas in a curved intake atleast the engine stays invisible... correct me if i am wrong....
The stealth aspect of serpentine intakes or S-shaped intakes are high. But they come at the cost of reduced internal payload and internal volume. The F-22 for it's big size has the issue of a smaller internal payload capacity compared to T-50. Also, The T-50 is not meant to be as stealthy as the F-22 and Sukhoi is focussing on adequate stealth and higher maneuverability. There is a possibility the Russians could come out with a working Plasma generator too. So, why discount that.

black eagle

Country flag
The stealth aspect of serpentine intakes or S-shaped intakes are high. But they come at the cost of reduced internal payload and internal volume. The F-22 for it's big size has the issue of a smaller internal payload capacity compared to T-50. Also, The T-50 is not meant to be as stealthy as the F-22 and Sukhoi is focussing on adequate stealth and higher maneuverability. There is a possibility the Russians could come out with a working Plasma generator too. So, why discount that.
Is there any news of the plasma generator available or is it just mere speculation??

Articles