Sukhoi PAK FA

Ultimatebot

Country flag
Are you asking whether all 5th generation fighters leaving F-35 can carry Missiles like storm shadow ,AGM-158 in their IWB(Internal Weopons Bay)? I didn't get your question sorry.
ha F35 IWB bada hain na baki ke aircrafts ke IWB ke comparison me

samilar AMCA ke liye Plan Kiya ja raha hain kya?

StealthFlanker

Country flag
i have question regarding internal weopons bay of 5th gen fighters except F-35
kya wo storm shadow ya AGM-158 jaise missile carrry kar sakte hain kya
aur AMCA ke liye ise kutch plan kiya ja raha hai
As of now, no 5generation fighter can carry something like storm shadow or AGM-158 in their weapon bay
However, if you sacrifice warhead size then F-35 can carry JSM internally, which can actually fly further than AGM-158 while also able to attack moving target
F-35 JSM.PNG

There is also SPEAR-EW which can fly pretty far but it is a stand in jammer
spear-ew-3-1-1.png

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Country flag
ha F35 IWB bada hain na baki ke aircrafts ke IWB ke comparison me

samilar AMCA ke liye Plan Kiya ja raha hain kya?
The answer is a simple no. What Weopons the F-35 can carry cannot be carried by other 5th generation fighters.

With regards to AMCA and it's IWB(Internal Weopons Bay) than AMCA will be able to carry various configurations of Weopons in it's IWB. For example:
1) 4 BVR Missiles (Astra MK-1 ,Astra MK-2)
20220219_031652.jpg

2) 8 SAAW bombs.

20220219_031653.jpg

Etc...

StealthFlanker

Country flag
for comparison f22 can carry 8 mijjile ------------- equivalent of 2 amca

:sad:

even sukhoi 75 can 6 mijjile ig (it has only 1 engine)
It not really that bad actually,
consider that currently J-20 also only carry 4 MRAAM and 2 SRAAM for a total of 6
j-20.jpg

Su-57 currently can carry 4 MRAAM and 2 SRAAM for a total of 6
Su-75 currently can carry 3 MRAAM and 2 SRAAM for a total of 5
su-57.jpg

F-35 pre block 4 can carry 4 MRAAM and post block 4 can carry 6 MRAAM thanks to sidekick launcher
So as AMCA currently has very similar configuration to F-35, i expect that it eventually get 6 internal MRAAM as well
f-35.PNG

Ultimatebot

Country flag
As of now, no 5generation fighter can carry something like storm shadow or AGM-158 in their weapon bay
However, if you sacrifice warhead size then F-35 can carry JSM internally, which can actually fly further than AGM-158 while also able to attack moving target
View attachment 138507

There is also SPEAR-EW which can fly pretty far but it is a stand in jammer
View attachment 138508
USAF push karegi to AGM-158 integrate ho sakta hain
IWB me thode change karne ke baad kyoki unhone try kia tha pahile

externally carry karte hain lekin stealth ko compramise karke

wo to p-8 me plan kar rahe hain AGM-158 ko

Super Flanker

Country flag
AMCA ke liye same IWB plan kiya jana chahiye😌😌
IWB? Well if you are expecting Weopon carrying capacity of AMCA to be like that of F-35 etc than you may expect such from AMCA Mk-2 most probably. AMCA MK-1 will be able to carry just 4 AAMs so F-35 type Weopon carrying is not at all possible in MK-1. AMCA MK-2 might have it.

Super Flanker

Country flag
USAF push karegi to AGM-158 integrate ho sakta hain
IWB me thode change karne ke baad kyoki unhone try kia tha pahile
What had they tried before? Are you saying that we had made an Attempt to Integrate the AGM-158 in the IWB of AMCA?
~

externally carry karte hain lekin stealth ko compramise karke
Its not always compulsory that any 5th generation fighter aircraft carry it's Missiles in it's IWB(Internal Weopons Bay). They can also carry them on Hardpoints in the wings. This is called as beast mode in which you carry Weopons externally.

Beast mode is used in situations where Stealth and LO(low visibility) is not required and you can go aggressive against the enemy.

Here is a picture of F-35 in beast mode (carrying Weopons on external stations)
F-35 Beast Mode.jpg

~

wo to p-8 me plan kar rahe hain AGM-158 ko
Which Missile are you talking about here exactly? There are actually 2 Different type of AGM-158. They are :
  1. AGM-158 JASSM (Joint Air-to-Surface Standoff Missile)
  2. AGM-158C LRASM (Long Range Anti-Ship Missile)
Please be specific?

blackjack

Country flag
i have question regarding internal weopons bay of 5th gen fighters except F-35
kya wo storm shadow ya AGM-158 jaise missile carrry kar sakte hain kya
aur AMCA ke liye ise kutch plan kiya ja raha hai
there are no internal hypersonic weapons used for air to ground missions only an external carry option for the F-35. I have no idea what further modifications would be done on the 2nd su-57 other than an internal carry air to ground mission.

Ultimatebot

Country flag
What had they tried before? Are you saying that we had made an Attempt to Integrate the AGM-158 in the IWB of AMCA?
~

Its not always compulsory that any 5th generation fighter aircraft carry it's Missiles in it's IWB(Internal Weopons Bay). They can also carry them on Hardpoints in the wings. This is called as beast mode in which you carry Weopons externally.

Beast mode is used in situations where Stealth and LO(low visibility) is not required and you can go aggressive against the enemy.

View attachment 138592
~

Which Missile are you talking about here exactly? There are actually 2 Different type of AGM-158. They are :
Please be specific?

AGM-158 JASSM (Joint Air-to-Surface Standoff Missile)
for hitting strategic targets

bcz we will have CATS hunter in future so is IAF is Planning it or not that is my question

Ultimatebot

Country flag
~

View attachment 138592
~

Please be specific?

the A variant of F-35 is carrying air to surface variant

and in C variant and P-8 they are planning to carry anti ship variant

we dont need anti-ship in stealth mode

but for air to surface ops Stealth mode is required against both China and Pakistan

StealthFlanker

Country flag
the A variant of F-35 is carrying air to surface variant

and in C variant and P-8 they are planning to carry anti ship variant

we dont need anti-ship in stealth mode

but for air to surface ops Stealth mode is required against both China and Pakistan
technically speaking, when your missile can literally go 925 km then stealth is kinda irrelevant, since you are already outside the radar horizon
F35 4xLRASM.JPG

If you need stealth, then use JSM instead, it can be carried internally and can still fly 550 km
F-35 JSM.PNG

Super Flanker

Country flag
AGM-158 JASSM (Joint Air-to-Surface Standoff Missile)
for hitting strategic targets

bcz we will have CATS hunter in future so is IAF is Planning it or not that is my question
Are you asking whether AGM-158 JASSM can be integrated with HAL cats hunter? Is that what you are asking.

This is her much unlikely Because AGM-158 JASSM has a weight of 1,021 kg (2,251 lb) itself and CATS won't be able to carry that much weight.

Sorry if I may have got you wrong. I didn't understand your question here.

Ultimatebot

Country flag
Are you asking whether AGM-158 JASSM can be integrated with HAL cats hunter? Is that what you are asking.

This is her much unlikely Because AGM-158 JASSM has a weight of 1,021 kg (2,251 lb) itself and CATS won't be able to carry that much weight.

Sorry if I may have got you wrong. I didn't understand your question here.
are bhai similar system hain CATS hunter (cruise missile) aur JASSM bas JASSM heavy hain Aur thoda bada hain

main ye puch raha tha ki IAF plan kar raha hain kya AMCA ke liye CATS hunter
koi bhi mode me Stealth ya Non stealth me?

stealth me ho to Best hain

Super Flanker

Country flag
are bhai similar system hain CATS hunter (cruise missile) aur JASSM bas JASSM heavy hain Aur thoda bada hain

main ye puch raha tha ki IAF plan kar raha hain kya AMCA ke liye CATS hunter
koi bhi mode me Stealth ya Non stealth me?

stealth me ho to Best hain
Now I understand what you are saying. Hunter is a UAV cum Cruise missile which able to carry a warhead up to 250kg and have two versions.

one will have electro-optical sensors and the other will have AESA radar for target tracking. it will be powered by a small turbofan engine.

And bro with regards to CATs hunter in AMCA than yes , it is very much Possible that IAF wants it with AMCA Because it can reportedly fit in the Weopons bay of AMCA even though this is unconfirmed.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles