Sukhoi PAK FA

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag
New G-suit gives PAK-FA higher operational ceiling than the Raptor?

SOURCE: Dave Majumdar / FLIGHT GLOBAL

Russian Sukhoi T-50 PAK-FA pilots will be equipped with a new g-suit that will allow them to eject from the aircraft at altitudes of 75,000ft (23,000m). If the PAK-FA is able to fly at those altitudes operationally, that would mean that it has a significantly higher operational ceiling than the Lockheed Martin F-22 Raptor

The F-22 is limited by US Air Force regulations to 60,000ft because of the Armstrong Limit, which is found at roughly 62,000ft. The USAF never developed a full pressure-suit for Raptor pilots to wear; instead those pilots wear the Combat Edge ensemble, which counts as a partial pressure suit. Other fighters like the Boeing F-15 or F/A-18, for example, are typically restricted by regulations to 50,000ft (that includes the German Luftwaffe, their Eurofighter Typhoons, as one of their pilots told me, are also limited by regulations to 50,000ft operationally).

There are some very good reasons for those altitude restrictions. Above the Armstrong Limit water will boil at the same temperature as the human body. Basically, if you lose cabin pressure, you will die a slow and horrible death as bodily fluids (except those under pressure inside blood vessels) start to boil unless you have a pressure suit–like the guys flying U-2s (except they don't inflate those suits normally, which has led to problems in the past–but that's a whole different story).

IF the Russian Television story is correct–it could mean the Russian have developed a full pressure/g-suit that is capable of operating at those altitudes. Or they're completely insane–which is also a possibility I suppose.

gadeshi

Russian Academy of Science and OAK company have finished an new radio-electronics scientific and testing complex facility.
It contains a space for several academic institutes and a set of RCS testing sites with echoless zero-emission chambers and radar radiation sites. It also contains a modern and powerfull supercomputing facility to perform electrodynamical researches.
So, PAK FA RCS tests are just around the corner!
ОАО «ОАК» и ИТПЭ РАН завершили работы по созданию лабораторно-исследовательского комплекса - ВПК.name

bhramos

Country flag
New G-suit gives PAK-FA higher operational ceiling than the Raptor?

SOURCE: Dave Majumdar / FLIGHT GLOBAL

Russian Sukhoi T-50 PAK-FA pilots will be equipped with a new g-suit that will allow them to eject from the aircraft at altitudes of 75,000ft (23,000m). If the PAK-FA is able to fly at those altitudes operationally, that would mean that it has a significantly higher operational ceiling than the Lockheed Martin F-22 Raptor

The F-22 is limited by US Air Force regulations to 60,000ft because of the Armstrong Limit, which is found at roughly 62,000ft. The USAF never developed a full pressure-suit for Raptor pilots to wear; instead those pilots wear the Combat Edge ensemble, which counts as a partial pressure suit. Other fighters like the Boeing F-15 or F/A-18, for example, are typically restricted by regulations to 50,000ft (that includes the German Luftwaffe, their Eurofighter Typhoons, as one of their pilots told me, are also limited by regulations to 50,000ft operationally).

There are some very good reasons for those altitude restrictions. Above the Armstrong Limit water will boil at the same temperature as the human body. Basically, if you lose cabin pressure, you will die a slow and horrible death as bodily fluids (except those under pressure inside blood vessels) start to boil unless you have a pressure suit–like the guys flying U-2s (except they don't inflate those suits normally, which has led to problems in the past–but that's a whole different story).

IF the Russian Television story is correct–it could mean the Russian have developed a full pressure/g-suit that is capable of operating at those altitudes. Or they're completely insane–which is also a possibility I suppose.
G-suite testing, in back you can see Pressure cabin!!!

lookieloo

G-suite testing, in back you can see Pressure cabin!!!
There seems to be some confusion between pressure suits and G-suits. There's only so much a G-suit can do to help with altitude (special types can keep the chest from expanding too far); but without a full-on pressure suit, there's no way to keep the the fluids in one's eyes, nose, mouth, and lungs from boiling away above a pressure-altitude of ~62,000 ft.

That said, I suppose the Russians might just say "fu<k it" and hope they never have a pressurization failure or ejection higher than that.

WMD

Russian Air Force to Get First T-50 Fighter Jet This Year, IAF Next Year

The Russian Air Force will take delivery of its first fifth-generation T-50 fighter jet "in the third quarter of this year" for final state test flights starting in the fourth quarter, the service's commander Lt. Gen. Viktor Bondarev said Tuesday.

President Vladimir Putin had informed lately that T-50 would enter service with the country's air force in 2016 , while Fifth Generation Fighter Aircraft (FGFA) with stealth features based on the T-50 is slated to be inducted in the Indian Air Force by 2022. IAF will get first prototype of the FGFA which is scheduled to arrive in India by 2014 after which it will undergo extensive trials at the Ojhar air base in Maharashtra.

T-50, which will make up the core of Russia's future fighter fleet, is a multirole warplane featuring "stealth" technology," super-maneuverability, supercruise capability, and advanced avionics including an active electronically-scanned array radar, according to its designer Sukhoi.

India plans to acquire 214 of these fighter planes by the end of 2030 at an estimated cost of over USD 30 billion. second prototype will arrive in India in 2017 and the third prototype will arrive in 2019. based on feedback from Indian air force final version of the FGFA will be developed for operational service in IAF which will enter service in 2022 .

FGFA is expected to have compatibility with various missile types, including missiles of Indian and European origins. Majority of the software in FGFA would be of Indian origin, along with Indian avionics.HAL will develop mission computer, navigation systems, cockpit displays, counter-measure dispensing (CMD) systems and will modify Sukhoi's prototype delivered to India into fighter jets as per the requirement of the Indian Air Force (IAF).

T-50 prototypes delivered to IAF will also be tested in all weather conditions like hot weather, cold weather, Sea level and high altitude tests before inducted into IAF . HAL and IAF along with Russia are working on evolution of the FGFA engine as an upward derivative of the AL-37. Russian Air Force will get 200 single seated and 50 twin-seated PAK FAs while Indian Air Force will get 166 single seated and 48 twin-seated FGFAs.

Russian Air Force to Get First T-50 Fighter Jet This Year, IAF Next Year | idrw.org

gadeshi

I give you a new official T-50 - History of Creation Movie! 2 series!

And a small report video:

Last edited by a moderator:

p2prada

There seems to be some confusion between pressure suits and G-suits. There's only so much a G-suit can do to help with altitude (special types can keep the chest from expanding too far); but without a full-on pressure suit, there's no way to keep the the fluids in one's eyes, nose, mouth, and lungs from boiling away above a pressure-altitude of ~62,000 ft.

That said, I suppose the Russians might just say "fu<k it" and hope they never have a pressurization failure or ejection higher than that.
The suit seems to be a combination of both.

I think two guys ejected from a A-12 variant in the 1960s at 24Km and Mach 3. They were wearing pressure suits.

I suppose a Russian "tailor" managed to make a lighter version for such high altitudes and put it on fighter pilots.

Austin

Lot of people here questioned me, but trust me first ever real stealth fighter of India will be given by me to this nation. I have put my lifetime earnings and reputation at stake on that.
I didnt get you what you mean by India first stealth fighter will be give by you ? AFAIK the only 5th gen fighter under works is AMCA by ADA.

Payeng

Daku Mongol Singh
Lot of people here questioned me, but trust me first ever real stealth fighter of India will be given by me to this nation. I have put my lifetime earnings and reputation at stake on that.
now that's a big claim :truestory:

Articles